The Movie Review Thread

I watched the Godfather Epic last night. I've seen the trilogy many times but I never saw the NBC special from the 70's. The Epic is a 7 hour cut of the part I and II played in chronological order with around 75 minutes of extra scenes. Personally I thought playing the movie in chronological order was interesting. Since Don Tomassino is introduced very early in the movie, when Michael is in Italy in part I, you know who the characters are and how they know this man. It did have some pacing issues since it never aired like that. I also liked the extra scenes. Some were just filler but several made the movie better. The first comes to mind with the new scenes is the introduction of Hyman Roth when Vito was young.

Maybe I am an asshole but they painted all the people with ARMs as victims. No one forced you to sign on the line, you bought the bull so you get to shoulder some of the blame.

Totally agree! I said all along the people were as much, if not more, responsible for the whole housing mess than anyone. Doesn't take a Nuclear physicist that you are not going to get a 400,000.00 house for 1200.00 a month. At some point, the piper was going to come calling. That mess was all about greed - on everyone's part.

Saw 13 Hours today. I'm sure it was Hollywood-ed up a little bit, but even if half of it was true, it's a must watch for people wanting a better understanding of that event. Great movie and there seemed to be no bias one way or the other, which was really refreshing.

Maybe I am an asshole but they painted all the people with ARMs as victims. No one forced you to sign on the line, you bought the bull so you get to shoulder some of the blame.
You mean strippers aren't supposed to own four condos?

No offense to any strippers on the site

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

We rented The Kingsmen the other day. It was patently ridiculous, unrealistic, not believable and over-the-top but somehow still marginally entertaining. It was kind of rental worthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We rented The Kingsmen the other day. It was patently ridiculous, unrealistic, not believable and over-the-top but somehow still marginally entertaining. It was kind of rental worthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was awful. Fell asleep during the last 30 minutes and never had the desire to finish.

I recently watch Man From UNCLE. I really liked it

50 Shades of Grey.

Sweet jesus, who would have thought a sex movie could be so terrible.

Saw The Big Short last night. Great movie, only thing is it completely punches you in the gut about how our government and the banks couldnt care less about the rest of us.

I saw this last weekend and the banks totally didn't/don't care about the average person.

My sister saw this on Friday and said she is never buying a house after watching it.

She can do it..she just needs to be intelligent/informed. I went with a friend from grad school and she told me that banks were falling all over themselves trying to give her a $450-500k loan when she was buying her condo.

You mean strippers aren't supposed to own four condos?

No offense to any strippers on the site

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Ahem, exotic dancers :nono: I'm changing my vote for Monday to Freddie. :beauty:

I thought it was awful. Fell asleep during the last 30 minutes and never had the desire to finish.

That's what she said.

50 Shades of Grey.

Sweet jesus, who would have thought a sex movie could be so terrible.

You thought this was going to be a good movie? C'mon man!

The Revenant was spectacular. That one and Southpaw were the 2 best movies I've seen in the last year, and my girlfriend and I have seen a ton recently.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Mrs. SAM and I went to see "Brooklyn" last night. This is a beautiful story, beautifully told. It is flying low on the radar, so it may not be easy to find. There aren't any car chases, no graphic murders, no superheroes or villains. It is simply a superbly acted story that transports the audience to another place and time. Highly recommended!

Spectre - not bad - not what I really want out of a Bond movie though. Where are all the cool gadgets?

What We Do In The Shadows - decently funny, really different from anything I have watched in ages.

Flew back/forth to Rome over the past week and got to watch 6 movies I hadn't previously seen. One word reviews:

Love and Mercy - Excellent
Black Mass - Good
Ted2 - Awful
Trainwreck - Meh
Mission Impossible - OK
Chef - Good

Saw "Kung Fu Panda 3" with the kids. I'm a big dork and typically love animated kids films. Unfortunately, this one was "meh" and just didn't recapture the magic of the first or the storytelling of the second.

Saw "Kung Fu Panda 3" with the kids. I'm a big dork and typically love animated kids films. Unfortunately, this one was "meh" and just didn't recapture the magic of the first or the storytelling of the second.

That's too bad, I liked the first 2 and the series is/was good too. I'll wait for it to hit netflix then.

We watched McFarland last night. It was a fairly typical feel good based on a true story Disney (?) sports movie. I liked it more than I thought I would.

That's a big bummer. I am a fan of the animated kids stuff, which has almost uniformly been great.

Watched Sicario last night and loved it, cool flick.

Just took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda 3. Not sure i saw the 2nd one but this one was pretty solid

I'm at Deadpool with my wifey. She is less than excited.

Just took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda 3. Not sure i saw the 2nd one but this one was pretty solid

Great to hear. My daughter wants to see it.

Back