i use the faux leather ones and I've played 100 rounds this year and my irons look new apart from the faces.as i change irons every year i need to keep them looking good for when i sell them.They also eliminate the annoying sound of bag chatter and take about 2 seconds to take off and put back on.

I used to, but got tired of them. I would use them if I had my clubs shipped or as baggage on a plane flight. I use an Ogio bag with silencer tech so there isn't really a need for them for me on course.

This bag has done a phenomenal job of eliminating chatter for me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, as soon as I got my new Mizuno forged irons this past summer I got a set of the Club Glove ones. In and out of the car, bouncing around on a cart, in and out of the bag room at our club, just too many ways for clubs to get banged up badly....and they are so easy to get on and off during play that I am surprised that I never did it with my clubs years ago. Not that dings take away from playability but after enjoying the look of "brand new irons" it seemed crazy not to preserve that as best I can. Since I use as small as bag as I can and don't have individual iron compartments (only three separate areas in the Titleist bag), I also got those plastic tubes so that I could preserve the grips as well - paid extra for the Golf Pride MCC grips with the irons and figured again that for a little extra money I could keep the grips in good shape as well.

I'm certain they do an excellent job as intended, but I can not get over the look of Iron covers. Can't explain it.....

I know a lot of you don't use iron covers for a lot of reasons, but I do to protect my irons from bag chatter and travel to and from the course and also for winter storage. I use the light weight neoprene covers. They are so easy to slip on and off and small enough to slip in your pocket while using the club. I have found them in many different styles and colors and I use them 24/7. Here is a sample pic of the ones I carry and where I got them from, they have a good choice of colors and styles.

2a46d5498414cc45244d37da6f50a39c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never have used them. I use a towel to reduce clatter when I travel.

Only my wedges are covered. And of course the graphite shaft clubs.

I've thought about using them multiple times, but just can't do it.

I didn't think I would like them until I tried these They not only protect your clubs, they help to get better value when trade/resale

I have used them for storage before, but am thinking about leaving them on when playing this year.

Might as well keep them looking nice?

Dave

I use them for transport to and from the course. I had my wife crotchet them. Cheap and effective.

I bought a package (6pair) of infant booties at Walmart for $4 and marked the club # on each one. Fits good and easy on and off but look stupid. Really like the looks of that Callaway cover.

Use them all the time. As a left handed golfer who walks and keeps my clubs in the trunk a lot I get a lot of value from them. Looked at a bunch of different ones and decided on a design that quickly goes over the club head and click in place. Tethered to one other cover, so that when you put a club back in they are always right there and easy and quick to replace. I've never had anyone say a disrespectful word about them to my face. However, I have seen some derisive comments posted on golf forums.

My irons have covers on them unless they are hitting the ball or getting cleaned. Otherwise they are covered.

Never would use them. Heck, I don't even use a cover on my putter and only put a cover on my fairway woods when I'm packing my clubs in the travel bag for a flight. That means that only my driver has a head cover on it on a regular basis. I have zero chatter with my Ogio bag even when I'm ripping corners at 23 mph in my golf cart.:act-up:

Have them, use them and love them. Have done so for years

I use such massive GI irons that I'd probably need to buy Big Green Egg covers to fit, and that seems quite expensive.

I have some but only use them for travel (which unfortunately isn't often).

I am sure there is a thread but I am curious. How many of you use them no in game but while in transit and storage?

I have played over 100 rounds with my 2014 Apex irons and I was hitting at the range next to a guy a few weeks ago that had the same set. He did not use iron covers, I do...the difference was stark, he said my irons looked like they were new and we had a discussion about it. It's pretty amazing how clean it keeps the irons. If you have forged irons, I think it's a good idea. I use a really thin type of iron cover, made by Club Glove (the neoprene oversized model). They are so thin they slide right off and into my pocket easily while I hit and then back on with virtually no effort. I've never had a complaint but I'm sure some purists out there might be annoyed but I'm a guy that plays pretty quickly and they don't hold me up. I almost never hit off mats and hit on grass ranges probably 90% of the time. I also keep a wet rag around when I'm practicing and I find that if you take a second and wipe between hits that really keeps the irons looking nice (I don't do this when I'm hitting on a mat). My Apex set was over $1000 - I want to keep them looking nice. I love my clubs!!! So I'm a big fan of irons covers....

Back