The Car Shopping Thread

The Car Shopping Thread

Of those three, I'll take Shark Gray please.

Good lord I want a Z06

Where should I send the paperwork and car? It will have return overnight shipping for paperwork. Then I ship the car. All you have to do is sign...

Where should I send the paperwork and car? It will have return overnight shipping for paperwork. Then I ship the car. All you have to do is sign...
All I have to do is sign? I'm in.

Wow I assumed I would have to pay for it in some manner, what a deal

We just took this in on trade. Who wants it? 2006 Hummer H3 4x4 with leather and sunroof. Loaded! Only 60,000 miles. With KC Light bar. It sure is bad! And mint!

25280900a9bb0317d561afa9f4612596.jpg

We just took this in on trade. Who wants it? 2006 Hummer H3 4x4 with leather and sunroof. Loaded! Only 60,000 miles. With KC Light bar. It sure is bad! And mint!

Looks slick!

What's that going for, $14000?

The Car Shopping Thread

Just got this in too! 2015 Subaru WRX AWD Limited with Sunroof, leather and manual. Very quick! 24,000 miles. Sure is sharp. I'm gonna take it home for the weekend. Very desirable car.

6506b8f4313bf24a94f1483e3ef7647e.jpg

How much for that car frogger?

The Car Shopping Thread

Has retail of $28,700 but we will have it at $26,995. It's really clean. Looks pretty close to new.

Just got this in too! 2015 Subaru WRX AWD Limited with Sunroof, leather and manual. Very quick! 24,000 miles. Sure is sharp. I'm gonna take it home for the weekend. Very desirable car.

6506b8f4313bf24a94f1483e3ef7647e.jpg

Has retail of $28,700 but we will have it at $26,995. It's really clean. Looks pretty close to new.
Musicmaster is going to go nuts over this thing. Nuts.

Musicmaster is going to go nuts over this thing. Nuts.

It can be his!! Won't last long tho. They are pretty popular.

I accept personal checks or cash if the deal gets done. ��

Because I posted it on the forum... No problem. :act-up:

That is a **** ton of miles on a 2015.

Carfax says it was sold new in May of 2014. it's 2 years old. Average of 12k a year. that's less than average mileage. Average is 15k a year.

I put on between 35,000 and 42,000 miles a year. 24,000 on a 2015 doesn't sound that crazy to me.

That's what I was thinking. That thing has been driven to death. It could be a super early 15 I guess.

I learned very valuable lessons when I had my WRX that made me leave that scene and never want another again

Edit: it is an early 15

Was sold new in May of 2014. it's 2 years old. Average of 12k a year. that's less than average mileage. Average is 15k a year.

I get that, and to be fair, if you are going to go with averages, its not really 2 years old yet.
But I see that as a car that costs nearly $30k that has been driven a lot.

Different strokes I guess. Just makes me even happier knowing my MKZ was a 2015 with 6k miles on it and what it costs.

Looking at that, you would think that is a 45k car new...Which is ****ing hysterical.

I get that.
But I see that as a car that costs nearly $30k that has been driven a lot.

Different strokes I guess. Just makes me even happier knowing my MKZ was a 2015 with 6k miles on it and what it costs.

Looking at that, you would think that is a 45k car new...Which is ****ing hysterical.

2 different animals. It was $37,000 new with the sport package and sunroof that it has. With your reasoning a 2 year old car should be almost $20,000 cheaper than new?

2 different animals.

Well no, not really.
They are both cars. They both put on miles. And they both depreciate in value quickly.
They are marketed to two different people, but that does not change my opinion that a car that is less than 2 years old with 24k miles on it that was not 40k new, should not cost that much.

Well no, not really.
They are both cars. They both put on miles. And they both depreciate in value quickly.
They are marketed to two different people, but that does not change my opinion that a car that is less than 2 years old with 24k miles on it that was not 40k new, should not cost that much.

No they are not the same! One will holds it's value better than another since it's for a niche market. Someone who is looking for a WRX won't buy a Lincoln no matter the cost. And vice versa. They are not the same. It's like comparing an apple to a banana.

I just did a search of similar cars to ours in the Orlando area and they start at $28,995. What makes my car worth $2000 less with close to the same mileage and equipment. The area it is located. Heck there is a used 15 with 1200 miles for $36,995. In your area.

No they are not the same! One will holds it's value better than another since it's for a niche market. Someone who is looking for a WRX won't buy a Lincoln no matter the cost. And vice versa. They are not the same. It's like comparing an apple to a banana.

Dude, I get that they are marketed and driven by two different people. I said that exact same thing.
But its not an apple to a banana. They are both cars.
Just because they are sold to different people, doesnt change that. They both devalue, they both drive the same distance (a mile is still a mile) and they both are transportation.

Again, a car that is not quite 2 years old, with 24k miles that didnt start out at 45k is over valued at 27k in my opinion. I dont care if someone is willing to pay it, or if someone else thinks it isnt. Value is created by demand in every other market outside of automobile, where guides dictate it completely. To a lot of people, its complete garbage, due to the way the automobiles have to be sold as dictated by rules. But I digress....At the end of the day, someone will pay it and be happy with it, and that is all that matters.

I just did a search of similar cars to ours in the Orlando area and they start at $28,995. What makes my car worth $2000 less with close to the same mileage and equipment. The area it is located. Heck there is a used 15 with 1200 miles for $36,995. In your area.

I dont live in Orlando.

I dont live in Orlando.

Ok, sorry. But it's in Florida vs one in Ohio. Heck if my car was in Fl, they would ask more for it than we are.

At the same time, let me ask you this.

You bought the car new 2 years ago for $38,000 drove it 21 months. And put just barely over a 1000 miles a month on it. What would you expect to get on trade? $20,000? You would be insulted if I came back with that trade value.

Back