Does the introduction of so many new clubs have you sitting on the sidelines?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
There is so much new stuff out or coming out, I feel like I need to sit back, take a chill pill, and wait and see what floats to the top. Eventually, there will be some reviews posted by average golfers that will indicate which clubs I should consider trying or getting fit for.

It does seem like parity has set in and differences in performance will be minimal and feel and appearance will be the deciding factor. What do you think?

Buying golf clubs based on releases is like buying electronics. Right now is the best time... and the worst time... So I try not to get all wrapped up on analysis paralysis with all the new toys and numbers.

Nope, I sold a bunch of stuff late last year, and kinda new what I wanted to try and got the ones that I had previously looked at. Right not there is no buyers remorse of "oh I should have got this set or that set". Happy with my purchase and looking forward to some great golf this year.
There is some things I will put some swings on though.

Behaviors are all about bell curves.

Whenever a new product comes out, there will be the Innovators who jump on board right away, often before trying the product. They are the group who brands rely on to spread the word as fast as possible, and marketing teams latch on to these folks in different ways (see: Callaway Epic Flash launch event).

Next come the Early Adopters who might not be the first in line, but they will likely wait just long enough to make sure the Innovators don't have immediate problems with the shiny new toy. The majority of consumers fall into this group, and most marketing efforts are focused on winning them over.

Third, we have the Late Adopters. These are the fence-sitters: people who could go one way or the other or who are undecided on the product. I believe these are the MOST important consumers because of that fact. You still have time to win them over, but you also have a risk of losing them into the final bucket....

...Resistors. These are the consumers who will resist your brand, product, and everything else no matter what. The cold hard truth is that there are some consumers you will never win over.

Honestly I hit a driver 220-230 yards. I've hit several over the last year or 2 and they all went about the same distance, but certain setups helped me hit it strait more often. I basically know what set up I want and Callaway usually has a great forgiveness/distance combo in their products. They also make a ton of everything and have a ton of customers so the value drops quickly after the next release. My gameplan is upgrade my model to a newer, but not brand new model through the used market. That saves money and keeps me with a mostly new product.

Nah, it turns me into a little kid in a candy store haha

It is currently 27° and snowing here. That is why I am sitting on the sidelines.

Nope, I sold a bunch of stuff late last year, and kinda new what I wanted to try and got the ones that I had previously looked at. Right not there is no buyers remorse of "oh I should have got this set or that set". Happy with my purchase and looking forward to some great golf this year.
There is some things I will put some swings on though.

I sent so much to Proclubs I had to sent it in two club boxes. When the decision is made to move on, time to get rid of them.
I have more Golf Bags that I have drivers.

Yes, I'm sitting on the side lines waiting for someone to buy the newest on the market so they can hopefully gain 2 yds. more on their drive or to try to impress someone with their new equipment and then sell some of their older stuff at a good price.

Years ago, the GD Hot List was like my Sears Christmas Wishbook. Not that I put much into the reviews, but it was a great source to introduce me to lots of new stuff coming out.

And I'd hold onto all those issues so I could refer to them over time, buying what had interested me once price came down.

But a strange thing happened, I found clubs that I liked and stuck with them. The unimaginable happened in that I subconsciously weened myself off of my formerly voracious appetite for equipment. The odd purchase here and there, just never all in.

After jumping in though with CF-16's and an Epic driver and experiencing the new tech and its effect on my game for myself, I'm in again.

Really interested in the new stuff but yup, overwhelmed. I'll absolutely wait to gauge buzz sustaining toward continued positive review. Time and others' opinions will impact me some. But I'll wait.

Somebody must have got new clubs for Christmas, so when will the clubs they replaced go up for sale?

Does the introduction of so many new clubs have you sitting on the sidelines?

Behaviors are all about bell curves.

Whenever a new product comes out, there will be the Innovators who jump on board right away, often before trying the product. They are the group who brands rely on to spread the word as fast as possible, and marketing teams latch on to these folks in different ways (see: Callaway Epic Flash launch event).

Next come the Early Adopters who might not be the first in line, but they will likely wait just long enough to make sure the Innovators don't have immediate problems with the shiny new toy. The majority of consumers fall into this group, and most marketing efforts are focused on winning them over.

Third, we have the Late Adopters. These are the fence-sitters: people who could go one way or the other or who are undecided on the product. I believe these are the MOST important consumers because of that fact. You still have time to win them over, but you also have a risk of losing them into the final bucket....

...Resistors. These are the consumers who will resist your brand, product, and everything else no matter what. The cold hard truth is that there are some consumers you will never win over.

I could fit into any of these categories depending on my mood that day.

When I first got into golf I was very impulsive. I’d buy just to upgrade. This included training aids. Thought that was my ticket to improving.

Now I’m more selective. I just bought an F7 3/4 hybrid from budget golf cause my 4 iron is inconsistent. Could I have bought a newer version. Yup. But I got the 2/3 so well that i didn’t feel the need to spend $100 more.

I’m still gaming my C200’s from staffproto. Golftec tried to get me to upgrade during my fitting. I have a 155 yd carry with my 7 iron. That’s great for me. I’d rather spend my money on lessons or something like superspeed golf that will actually help me improve rather than change equipment.

Years ago, the GD Hot List was like my Sears Christmas Wishbook. Not that I put much into the reviews, but it was a great source to introduce me to lots of new stuff coming out.

And I'd hold onto all those issues so I could refer to them over time, buying what had interested me once price came down.

But a strange thing happened, I found clubs that I liked and stuck with them. The unimaginable happened in that I subconsciously weened myself off of my formerly voracious appetite for equipment. The odd purchase here and there, just never all in.

After jumping in though with CF-16's and an Epic driver and experiencing the new tech and its effect on my game for myself, I'm in again.

Really interested in the new stuff but yup, overwhelmed. I'll absolutely wait to gauge buzz sustaining toward continued positive review. Time and others' opinions will impact me some. But I'll wait.

Pretty much the same with me. I can't see the new stuff making THAT much of a difference over what I currently have (CF-16's btw).

Most if not all of the intros should be happening between now and the PGA Show next week. With the uptick in golf equipment sales last year buyers should be excited. If a brand comes late they are going to miss the open to buy money.i do agree that there is so much great product and brands trying to break out of their bubble. Mizuno, Titleist, Exoctics, Wilson, Callaway leads with the heart of an upstart which I like. It’s goodfor the industry

For entertainment-knowledge purposes I read commentary, look at photos etc... of the brand new equipment releases.
For purchasing decisions I usually wait until a particular club model has been on the market and played for at least six months (or longer).

I Am a fence sitter unless I’m forced to replace something that broke. I really want some cobra forged tec black irons but my current irons work fine. But I do watch eBay for good deals. Sometimes I will jump on something if the price is right....

I love all the possibilities! Even if I don’t buy anything I love to tinker!

Weather is inconsistent and my back spasm'd as I looked at all the new equipment.

I'll wait 'till Spring and play what I have for now.

Yes and now. I like reading about the latest and greatest but I don't go out buying stuff, mostly cuz I can't afford it. So I read reviews and such, wait a year, and buy say 2018 stuff in 2019 or 2020. New to me and half the price

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The only thing I’m buying this year is balls. Last year I bought a few drivers, a few fairways, 2 sets of irons and 9 wedges, a new bag and 2 travel cases. My pocketbook said I better chill this year! The new f9 driver is sexy tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting on the sidelines and I plan to be for a while. Every year, new clubs come out with outrageous claims of changing your game but every year its the same ole, same ole.

Makes no difference to me, if I am in the market for clubs It gives me lots of options to pick from which means it might take longer to decide but I will enjoy the process. I like testing new stuff, I am well known at my local PGA SS.

not for me. Callaway is putting out something for every part of my bag so it will be flipped with the new goodness once its available.

Back