Votes: 8 42.1%
  • I wouldn't notice

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I wouldn't watch this

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I don't really watch TV. I'm just here for fun

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I honestly don't think I'd even notice. I'm trying to think back to anything I've watched where I paid any attention to the character's colors of choice.

Here’s an example

3876b717c3eae25bd27e78e7cfd85c77.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitively remember Traffic using the color tones throughout. Good catch

I really like the idea, but I probably wouldn't notice it until somebody mentioned it and now I'll be looking for it..thanks!

I dig it and think I would notice it unless it was really subtle.

That's using specific palettes to set a scene. It's done all the time to convey emotion in film and tv. I'm talking about attaching the colors to characters to subconsciously give you a feel for who they are.

I like it! It sounds like a really interesting idea

i think it's a cool concept. i'm sure it's been done plenty. my only comment is, if you realize it, it's too on-the-nose. if it shapes how the audience perceives the character without being annoyingly obvious, then it's well-done.

I think it’s a sweet idea to communicate visually about a character. It’s my understanding that the new movie Glass uses an idea like this. Each main character has a color associated with them.

Reminds me of the westerns where the good guys wore white hats and the bad guys black. Lone Ranger and a few others took it a step further with white and black horses with average Joe's on chestnut horses and Indians always on painted ponies.

In other words, it's not a new concept, rather it's a modern implementation of the concept. As a device with a larger purpose and done consistently, sure this could be a device that would enhance a story/movie.

I select one show a nite to watch, and am not sure this color palette would matter to me, or if I would even notice. Some of my favorite shows are in black and white. Old shows like Perry Mason, Andy of Mayberry, Leave it to Beaver etc.

I really appreciate all the input here, guys! I'm working out ways to make this work without being overbearing. Something like @brianmk24 said. You don't notice it until it's brought to your attention, or heavily critique it. But when you find it, it makes sense.

Back