Bridgestone
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: Bridgestone e12 Soft and e12 Speed Golf Balls

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    318 Posts
    I'm going back and forth between ProV1 and the e12 soft. I like the e12 soft better. I still play other balls, but only because I have them. e12 soft are the only balls I have purchased this year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

WITB:

Driver and FW:
    Cobra F9 10.5, 45", Fujikura Vista Pro 55, R, Jumbo Pure
    XR16 5 Wood, Fujikura Vista Pro 55, R, Jumbo Pure

Hybrids:
    Big Bertha 4H, Mamiya Recoil ES, 460, F3, R, Jumbo Pure
    Big Bertha 5H, Mamiya Recoil ES, 460, F3, R, Jumbo Pure
    Big Bertha 6H, Mamiya Recoil ES, 460, F3, R, Jumbo Pure

Irons:
    Ping G30, 6I, Nippon NS Pro Zelos 7, R, Jumbo Pure
    Ping G30, 7I, Nippon NS Pro Zelos 7, R, Jumbo Pure
    Ping G30, 8I, Nippon NS Pro Zelos 7, R, Jumbo Pure
    Ping G30, 9I, Nippon NS Pro Zelos 7, R, Jumbo Pure

Wedges:
    Ping G30, PW, Nippon NS Pro Zelos 7, R, Jumbo Pure
    Vokey VM7, 50, Mid Bounce, Jumbo Pure
    Cleveland RTX4, 56, 2dot, True Temper Dynamic Gold, Jumbo Pure
    Cleveland RTX3, 60, 2dot, True Temper Dynamic Gold, Jumbo Pure

Putter:
    Odyssey, Red Ball, WinnPro 1.18 Grips

Ball:
    E-12 Soft, TP5 or ProV1

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,231 Posts
    Went through the test pack of e12 softs and came away liking the ball. I’m going to grab a pack of the speeds and see how those go here in the next week or so.

Really curious to see what ball they fit me in to during the event at Firestone in July

In my Cirrus bag:

Driver: M3
    Wood: M2 5w
    Hybrid: M2 22*
    Irons: i500 5-pw / DG 105 s300 shafts
    Wedge: RTX 3.0 Black 50* / 54* / 56* / 60*
    Putter: Hunting Beach 6
    Ball: **ball fitting upcoming**

2018 Ultimate Weekend of Golf Sponsored by
    2019 THP Bridgestone Championship

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nerdy_81 For This Useful Post:

DonJuan (05-14-2019)

Handicap
    UNOFFIC9.4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    I liked the e12 soft so much that I recently wanted to try the “tour” ball and picked up the Bridgestone BX. I used them for a few rounds and went back to the e12 soft on Sunday. I still feel like one of their tour balls will fit me, but it wasn’t the BX. I love the feel of the e12 soft and they work well around the green. I mainly wanted to try the tour ball because I had played some very hard greens and the e12 were bouncing but I think the BX may have done the same. When I went to my normal course, I tried a few holes playing both the BX and the e12 and stayed with the e12. It wasn’t that the BX didn’t perform, just that I preferred the e12. Once I use up these BX and e12, I plan on trying the RX or RXS. There are also some Callaway I want to give a whirl, but I have been real happy with Bridgestone balls this season coming from the Kirkland I was using.
    4.5, 14way
    ARCCOS sensors on all clubs
    CP2 midsize grips
    XR16 driver set to 10.5 deg with R flex Bassara 42 shaft
    GBB fairway woods (2015) with Kuro Kage Black 50 (3W/5W/Heavenwood) set to 15/18/21 degrees
    2019 Big Bertha 5-AW irons steel shaft (regular)
    CBX 54 deg and 58 deg wedges
    33" Red Ball putter
    Chromesoft X Triple Track

Nastiest Hater
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    721 Posts

Bridgestone e12 Soft and e12 Speed Golf Balls

I put the last sleeve of my e12 speed test pack in play today. I’m a big fan of the ball off the tee. Ball go far, very far (evidence below). Distance and dispersion were impressive today (both being better than I have seen with the high end urethane balls I’ve played this year)

On approach shots (both mid and short iron) I was getting a bit more rollout than I would hope to see from a ball I would game long-term. Considering the ball category that the e12 fits in, I expected it to be slightly lower spin so the rollout distances did not come as a surprise, and I would say they are on par or better than other distance balls in terms of approach shot performance.

On full and 3/4 wedge shots I was able to stop the ball stop the ball on a dime on the green, however I did not see any zip back action like I would see from the “tour” category balls. Greenside spin was also a bit lower than what I would hope for out of my gamer.

As much of a fan I am of this ball off the tee, my feelings of it on the green are the exact opposite. I thought I would be able to ignore it during the normal flow of play, but the ball has a very “clicky” sound that I do not enjoy (personal preference is a softer sound off the putter).

The performance of the e12 speed is well above average compared to other distance balls I have played in the past. With that being said, i prefer a bit more spin on approach/greenside shots and a softer sound off the putter, so it is not a ball that I would seek out and play long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Have Some" - BuckNasty

Driver - KING F9 Speedback 9° w/ ATMOS TS Black 7X
    3W - KING F9 Speedback 13.5° w/ HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.0
    5W - KING F9 Speedback 17.5° w/ HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.0
    4-GW Irons - KING F9 Speedback w/ Pro Modus3 Tour 120 Stiff
    Wedges - KING Black Wedge 54° Versatile & 58° WideLow w/ Dynamic Gold S200 Black
    Putter - Evnroll ER3 / Tommy Armour Impact No. 3
    Ball - Z-Star XV / Vice Pro
    Glove - Pur Tour / Vice Pure
    Shoe - Ignite PWRADAPT

Proud member of Team Hackers @ the 2019 Morgan Cup
    Special thanks to

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BuckNasty For This Useful Post:

Roadrunner62 (05-22-2019)

Beginner
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Sorry it took me so long to post a review of the e12's. An injury prevented me from playing until last weekend.

So here we go: I played the callaway erc and the Bridgestone e12. I really did not like either. The erc's scoffed very easy. I went through 3 balls pretty quick. Usually I can use 1 ball for the whole round. 1 good thing about the erc's, they felt soft around the greens and putting. The e12's felt like I was hitting a rock. No feel, for me, at all. They were durable, I only used 1 ball.

Sorry

Handicap
    UNOFFIC9.4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer0711 View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to post a review of the e12's. An injury prevented me from playing until last weekend.

So here we go: I played the callaway erc and the Bridgestone e12. I really did not like either. The erc's scoffed very easy. I went through 3 balls pretty quick. Usually I can use 1 ball for the whole round. 1 good thing about the erc's, they felt soft around the greens and putting. The e12's felt like I was hitting a rock. No feel, for me, at all. They were durable, I only used 1 ball.

Sorry
    Were you playing the e12 speed? I have not tried that one. I have given some of the e12 soft to golfing friends and two have said that they felt "mushy"

Edited to add: I saw that you received the e12 Speed in another thread. Thanks for the feedback. I wondered how those compared to the e12 soft.
    Last edited by oumagic; 05-29-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    4.5, 14way
    CP2 midsize grips
    GBB fairway woods (2015) with Kuro Kage Black 50 (3W/5W/Heavenwood) set to 15/18/21 degrees
    33" Red Ball putter

Beginner
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oumagic View Post
    Were you playing the e12 speed? I have not tried that one. I have given some of the e12 soft to golfing friends and two have said that they felt "mushy"

Edited to add: I saw that you received the e12 Speed in another thread. Thanks for the feedback. I wondered how those compared to the e12 soft.
    What are your thoughts on the e12 soft? I usually play the callaway chrome soft....good feel on every club.

Handicap
    UNOFFIC9.4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer0711 View Post
    What are your thoughts on the e12 soft? I usually play the callaway chrome soft....good feel on every club.
    I do really like them. As it gets warmer and our greens are getting firmer, I am trying others. This Sunday I am trying the Bridgestone B RX. I have a sleeve of the Chrome Soft 2018 Stars and Stripes that I plan to play after this round. I posted more detailed thoughts above on the e12 Soft, but I get good distance and hit the ball high so they seem to stop fine until the greens are really firm. I wanted a colorful ball because I have a hard time seeing white and I love the matte green and matte red in the Bridgestone. I can see the flight so much better.
    4.5, 14way
    CP2 midsize grips
    33" Red Ball putter

11. The Following User Says Thank You to oumagic For This Useful Post:

TheHammer0711 (05-29-2019)

Man Down
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,122 Posts
    I played my last e12 speed this past weekend and I saw a bit of durability issues. A really crisp, full wedge shot cut the cover pretty well. It died before it’s time.
    Whole new bag of clubs incoming. Hello and