Shell Houston Open 2016 (Spoilers and Discussion)

If the rumors were true, the Will Mackenzie, Dustin Johnson pairing today might be a little awkward.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lovemark is on fire early. Will the be the week he puts it all together and gets his first win. He had a lot of billing coming out of college before injury slowed him down. His recent for suggests that he finally be able to break thru.

Boy Jordan S. sure is not as cool headed as he used to be. Thought he was going to nuke that iron there for a second.

Can we talk about Jamie Lovemark's irons. Look like a set of Vapor Pros with a custom paint job.

Boy, if I took Spieth in the Masters contest I would be pretty nervous.

The way he's melting down out there I wouldn't be too shocked if he doesn't win again this year.

Must be tough to be that young and have all that success then not play up to your own standards. Once the doubt creeps in, even veterans have melted down.

Dustin Johnson looks very solid at the moment!

Boy, if I took Spieth in the Masters contest I would be pretty nervous.

The way he's melting down out there I wouldn't be too shocked if he doesn't win again this year.

I mean he is only five shots off the lead. I think he has the game to go out and shoot 10 under anytime he picks up the sticks. I agree he seems to be in a lull but not far off.

I mean he is only five shots off the lead. I think he has the game to go out and shoot 10 under anytime he picks up the sticks. I agree he seems to be in a lull but not far off.

Yeah, I hear you.

I think it's fine to have high standards, and be hard on yourself, but once you start letting it show on the course I don't think it's a good thing.

The top 5-6 is so close and competitive right now that something small like this will probably be the difference between who wins majors for the foreseeable future.

Boy Jordan S. sure is not as cool headed as he used to be. Thought he was going to nuke that iron there for a second.

He is not doing himself any favors with these temper tantrums. He'll start to lose some fans if he keeps doing it. Someone should take him aside and council the young man.

Lol club up you guys.

Nbc has to be excited the lesser knows are leading

Just saw Blixt took an 11 on #5. Garcia has puked all over himself down the stretch.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Johnny Miller is still a puke

Maybe I was just blind to it last year but when the heck did Jordan Spieth turn into a whiny little *****?

Maybe I was just blind to it last year but when the heck did Jordan Spieth turn into a whiny little *****?
"This is the dumbest hole I've ever played in my life"

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

"This is the dumbest hole I've ever played in my life"

He was just saying what everyone else was already thinking.

He was just saying what everyone else was already thinking.
Fair, but it was the first time he really aired those thoughts that I remember

I think you are right. Before that he would talk to his golf ball a lot and say something like "oh Jordan" when he didn't hit a shot to his desired standard.

I really don't mind him getting upset because he doesn't seem out of control at all. My only concern is that he wears his confidence thin by being his own worst enemy.

I think you are right. Before that he would talk to his golf ball a lot and say something like "oh Jordan" when he didn't hit a shot to his desired standard.

I really don't mind him getting upset because he doesn't seem out of control at all. My only concern is that he wears his confidence thin by being his own worst enemy.

Definitely agree, it's almost endearing to see him get a little irritated because it makes him more human. But you're right, there's a thin line between venting a little and letting your head get in the way.

I would rather see some emotion than these guys walking around like Zombies not being fazed by eagles or triples, I have heard all the talk about staying level and not getting too anything but getting pissed off is what golf does to most people every now and then.

That was why watching Tiger was so much fun, he cared and showed it. Sure getting pissed because you did not hit it within the 5 ft. circle you planned on is a bit much or eye burning your caddie when you missed the putt you just spent 2 minutes looking at from all angles is just ego. But enjoy the game and let it out, nuke that iron, throw that putter in the lake, we that play the game understand and will just chuckle.

Just don't whine about it you lucky SOB millionaire golfer......

Definitely agree, it's almost endearing to see him get a little irritated because it makes him more human. But you're right, there's a thin line between venting a little and letting your head get in the way.

He did it last year in the US Open and the same debate started. He talks like a 21 year that had a bad hole.

Successful or not he still just a very young man!

He is not doing himself any favors with these temper tantrums. He'll start to lose some fans if he keeps doing it. Someone should take him aside and council the young man.

Do you mean council "with extreme prejudice"?

Back