The 2016 Project X HandCrafted Experience - The Greatest Shaft Event Ever Created

You guys really know a way to the dog house...haha

If I were to design a shaft....
The characteristics I would leave to the experts at Project X.

Graphics would be a combination of the Dertoit sports logos, The State of Michigan, an inclusion of THP, and a Favorite Golf Quote.

I know it would be busy.... But it would be uniquely mine!

I think mine would be based on a HZRDUS black with low launch and spin in the 70-75g range. As far as design goes, I have a bunch of ideas. I'm thinking a base of pearl white, THP logo as a subtle fill of the Project X or HZRDUS word mark. Some stripes in my favorite colors or maybe in a candy cane style. You definitely wouldn't be able to miss it out on the course. So many ideas right now.

If I were to attend this event I'd be all excited and bug about every technical and performance aspect of shaft design. Then when it came to appearance design I'd be stumped and say "do whatever" hahaha. #leftbrained.

If I were to attend this event I'd be all excited and bug about every technical and performance aspect of shaft design. Then when it came to appearance design I'd be stumped and say "do whatever" hahaha. #leftbrained.
And I could come up with a great looking "Object de Art" that has technical and performance aspects that make Hickory look advanced.

And I could come up with a great looking "Object de Art" that has technical and performance aspects that make Hickory look advanced.

With Don's and O'Neill's help, you will end up shipshape on both fronts! Don is magic when it comes to the science of shafts, and O'Neill can take just about the vaguest idea you could give him and turn it into a sweet graphic.

Really interested in joining this!

I'd kill for this one. Ugh.

This is an epic event waiting to happen, really hope to get into it!

If it helps, my wife is originally from Boston, so I am (have to be) a Boston sports fan by default.

Ideas just keep flying through the head, thinking what if.

The shafts from last year are amazing and so personal.

Let me see if I can find you c.a.eleric's home address.
I'm in.

I mean, er, I have no recollection of said events officer.

This would be one of my favourite events on THP. Id love to meet the crew and see how its all done.

Course looks beautiful.

Just finished a full outline and have the fantastic meal prepared for the group. Private room for THPers and PX to have a great night over some HandCrafted beer selections.

Can't wait to sign up for this event!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't wait to sign up for this event!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What would you design if you had the chance? Any ideas?

My two passions are golf and craft beer. Just off the top of my head...maybe a white shaft with green hop cones teed up on a tee? Maybe use the THP logo as the tee? There's time to brainstorm.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

My two passions are golf and craft beer. Just off the top of my head...maybe a white shaft with green hop cones teed up on a tee? Maybe use the THP logo as the tee? There's time to brainstorm.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I like it. Thats pretty darn cool looking. And like last year, we are going to allow people the use of the THP Logo for their custom shaft if they so choose. That would look very cool.

Just like I would have last year, if I get a spot I know where I am getting my design inspiration.

Buzz_Lightyear.png

I won't be able to try for this event but I think I know what I'd design.
I'd do a satin black on the top third of the shaft that fades into a satin white all the rest of the way. In the black portion I'd want to sprinkle some THP logos and some pipe wrenches. On the underside of the white it'd be cool to etch a favorite Bible passage or quote or something.
No idea if any of that is possible or not, but that would be pretty freaking cool.

I won't be able to try for this event but I think I know what I'd design.
I'd do a satin black on the top third of the shaft that fades into a satin white all the rest of the way. In the black portion I'd want to sprinkle some THP logos and some pipe wrenches. On the underside of the white it'd be cool to etch a favorite Bible passage or quote or something.
No idea if any of that is possible or not, but that would be pretty freaking cool.

If you can think it up, the guys at Project X can make it.

If I was going again I would definitely work Star Wars (The Force Unleashed specifically) into the design. Don was surprised I didn't have any Star Wars ideas last year but I thought I might get Project X in trouble with Disney. I was speaking to one of Byron Morgan's putter reps about a design for a putter I wanted to purchase and when I mentioned Star Wars he stopped responding to me.

But alas I see none of the original crew are signing up so others can experience this so I guess I'll do the responsible thing and just show up uninvited.

Back