JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good looking clubs for sure. Definitely premium pricing, but I’ve always liked the looks of most of their lines.

Great write up JB. These sound like great options. They mentioned a draw bias there near the end. Do you think these are made for golfers struggling with a slice? I like the sound of helping moderate swing speed players (me for sure), but I hit a draw and often clubs made to help fix a slice give me a ton of distance, but bring into play an amazing pull hook miss that you would have to see to believe. Often a bit of weight helps the clubhead stay behind my hands for me where as someone pushing and slicing might be a little too far behind their hands.

• Admin
Great write up JB. These sound like great options. They mentioned a draw bias there near the end. Do you think these are made for golfers struggling with a slice? I like the sound of helping moderate swing speed players (me for sure), but I hit a draw and often clubs made to help fix a slice give me a ton of distance, but bring into play an amazing pull hook miss that you would have to see to believe.

Not necessarily, but there is some draw bias. One of the biggest goals with this line (outside of speed) is to assist the golfer in squaring the club face. As clubs get longer its often forgotten about.

Dang 36g shaft!? They really dropped the weight on this one. I’m guessing when they refer to moderate SS, it’s probably in the sub-100mph range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a nice looking release. I have enjoyed the Prime line when I've gotten a chance to take a few swings in the past. Not knowing as much of the history of the line, it's interesting to see the slightly lower profile iron - reminds me of some of the shape changes in the F9 irons.

Also that shaft is wild - crazy what they can do with the materials when you let the budget grow.

• Admin
Dang 36g shaft!? They really dropped the weight on this one. I’m guessing when they refer to moderate SS, it’s probably in the sub-100mph range?

That is correct. Although I played the previous XXIO Prime in my 2nd driver spot with a different shaft and it worked tremendously well.

That is correct. Although I played the previous XXIO Prime in my 2nd driver spot with a different shaft and it worked tremendously well.

I remember that! Not sure it’s ideal for me but I really want to hit one of these with a stiffer shaft just to see what happens!

I remember playing an early Cobra Driver, maybe an SS 427 that had an onset draw biased. Of course i played a power fade in those days and had trouble squaring the club . I play a Draw so a draw biased doesn't fit now. but the looks of these makes me want to try it out, great looking club.

Great write-up JB, boy talk about a light weight set but with heavier price tag understanding there is a lot of tech and premium materials incorporated to make so light.

Driver looks cool with bit of bling and I do like the iron compared to previous at least from picture of back cavity. Would like to sometime get opportunity to hit their clubs but have never seen up here in retail stores I venture into.

Looks like a solid upgrade.

Never hit any of the xxio line, will keep an eye out for it.. definitely is flashy and catchy looking though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Great article and I do like the looks of the woods especially, but the price is meh :bad:. Over here they cost the same in Euros, at least.

Great article... 36g is just bananas for a shaft weight. I would love to take a few cuts with this driver.

WOW, I know XXIO has always been high end price wise (and quality) but its wild to see it just about 300.00 above PXG in the driver spot.

Prices are pretty wild.

XXIO seems like a brand untouchable for me.

It will be interesting to see how the feedback goes. With PXG, it was overt. Yet supporters view was that its better and the price is what it is. I would assume the same would be said, but branding is a unique animal : )

Boy do i want the irons, i think they good fantastic. For once I'm glad they kept their price where it is. Keep them positioned in the area they have built the brand up to be.

I love this toe picture of the irons

toe-L.jpg

I love this toe picture of the irons

toe-L.jpg

Man, that blended satin/polished topline just pops in that pic. GREAT little design/aesthetic trick there to make them look a little more slim.

They look great, XXIO always produces nice looking stuff. I just don't understand the niche? Exclusivity? Advanced materials? Or is it just another club in an already tight market?

They look great, XXIO always produces nice looking stuff. I just don't understand the niche? Exclusivity? Advanced materials? Or is it just another club in an already tight market?

A lot of companies talk about not cutting corners in materials and design, XXIO truly means it. As high end in golf gear as high end gets IMO.

But, definitely at a specific segment.

A lot of companies talk about not cutting corners in materials and design, XXIO truly means it. As high end in golf gear as high end gets IMO.

I believe that, I guess my question is do premium materials equal better results? I'm just honestly intrigued, XXIO while beautiful isn't anything I'd likely ever swing.

Yup. Which is why I'm glad they are still priced as they are.

I believe that, I guess my question is do premium materials equal better results? I'm just honestly intrigued, XXIO while beautiful isn't anything I'd likely ever swing.

Only one way to see! Haha

FWIW, for the design traits they apply and the golfers they aim at (need launch, forgiveness, and some spin) they do it better than most. I've come away impressed every time i have hit the drivers, may not fit me, but man they do what they intend.

Yup. Which is why I'm glad they are still priced as they are.

Same, they have been a constant. I love that.

Back