Wilson Staff DUO Urethane Golf Balls Review Thread

Played 18 with the DU today. 30 degrees today it hit well...even in the cold. I played the 50 elite a bit last year and it reminds me of it but with a urethane cover. Also played the new 330rx. Similar distance both balls....might like the 330rx a bit better around the greens but if I do it's not by much. I think the DU was straighter off the driver. I'm going to play the DU up till the weather warms up for sure.

I played them today and I believe I will continue to play them. Great feel and control

Played the Duo U again today. Another successful round with it and I'll continue to use it.
A shot of note today was on a par 3 playing 148 with a tucked pin on a shelf in the back right. Historically its been impossible for me to get to and I always land the green but bounce off or try to get cute and leave it short in the bunker.
Today I hit a 9i that landed just beyond the hole and spun back to feet short of the hole for a birdie. Very cool!!

I'm thinking a few of these are going to be traveling with me to the #KickoffClassic come Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still in the process of evaluating this golf ball. Really like it in some ways. Pretty nice feel off the driver and other clubs, nice feel off the putter. I am on the lower end of club head speed and not a really high spinner of the ball due to that slower swing speed, although I can get some spin on approach shots and around the greens. Kind of a unique feel on pitches and chips, with a slightly higher flight than the Pro V1, with pretty decent spin and control, although not as much as the Pro V1, B330S, Srixon Zstar and etc. The only 2 negatives for me are a fairly low backspin rate off the short irons and wedges on approach shots compared to balls like the new Project A. The other thing that I don't care for is the cover doesn't seem to hold up quite as well as other golf balls, such as the Chrome Soft and Project A. It might not be a big deal anyway, and I am a probably a little anal about. The ball should hold up plenty well enough for 18 holes or more. It is just going to show it more than other golf balls, imho. Still think it is a good ball, like the feel and lower compression, and the way it works around the greens. I would recommend that people give it a good try and I will be using it more throughout the Spring and Summer. For me right now, it is number 2 behind the new Project A.

Went looking for these today at Dicks and Sports Authority and neither had them, might try the local golf shop.

Went looking for these today at Dicks and Sports Authority and neither had them, might try the local golf shop.

Golfsmith and Edwin Watts in Tampa both had them Jim.

Thanks, I intend to go to the PGA SS tomorrow after golf to try the XXIO forged irons maybe they will stock them also.

So many good low compression balls to choose from now, makes these decisions tough!!

Still dying to try these being a big fan of the duo.

Still dying to try these being a big fan of the duo.

They're a lot of fun, I really hope you get some to try out.

Have had some early season success with this ball. Found them cheaper on ebay UK. It's called DX3 instead of Duo at $30 a dozen with shipping.

Since I was the only person that signed up for a fitting for a C200's. The fitter gave me 6 of the 2pack balls they were supposed to give for each fitting.
What I like most about this ball is how it feels and sounds off the putter. I've seen comparable numbers with the Chrome Soft's.

Will now try the Double Urethane against the new Bridgestone RX.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Since I was the only person that signed up for a fitting for a C200's. The fitter gave me 6 of the 2pack balls they were supposed to give for each fitting.
What I like most about this ball is how it feels and sounds off the putter. I've seen comparable numbers with the Chrome Soft's.

Will now try the Double Urethane against the new Bridgestone RX.

Who did your fitting?

Edwin Watts, it turned out to be more of a Demo day more than anything. Somewhat disappointed. They only had one 7 iron in regular flex. But I digress, this is about the Dou.

I have a dozen of these that have been sitting in my car for over a month. Hoping to get out and play a round with them Sunday or Monday.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have a dozen of these that have been sitting in my car for over a month. Hoping to get out and play a round with them Sunday or Monday.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Your going to love them Eddie. I expected them to feel & perform great, but the most surprising thing to me has been their durability. I had a few bounces off cart paths, trees, etc... & they still looked great.

Got a 2 pack from the C200 demo, can't wait to try them, hearing the rep talk about them, I couldn't pick a better ball.

Got a 2 pack from the C200 demo, can't wait to try them, hearing the rep talk about them, I couldn't pick a better ball.

Definitely a fun ball. I've got a few dozen standing by for the season. I had some at the kickoff but didn't break them out. Should have just passed them out for guys to try. I'm such a slacker

Got out to play today and played these on the back 9. My first round playing in some time, so I used old junk balls on the front 9. At the turn, I switched to these and I believe I hit every fairway and every par 3 in regulation. I only lost strokes on a few errant second shots and a bad case of the dumb azz on one green. I really enjoyed these today and look forward to getting out with these for my next round.
I have to admit that I was not paying attention to what ball I had in play due to the concentration part of actually hitting my shot. I will pay a bit more attention to the characteristics of this ball my next time out.

Got a sleeve of these and am looking forward to testing them out once it gets nice out!

This is becoming my favorite ball to putt. A nice soft feel off the putter and very nice, consistent roll.

Played these against the new 330 RX today. Distance about 5-10 yards shorter with Duo. Just felt too soft off all clubs, especially the putter. Kinda wish I had not spent $37.99 for these.

I got two 2paks of these balls - first round will be tomorrow. Looking forward to them!!

Played these against the new 330 RX today. Distance about 5-10 yards shorter with Duo. Just felt too soft off all clubs, especially the putter. Kinda wish I had not spent $37.99 for these.
Funny how balls work differently for each golfer. I'm getting the same or even a little more distance with the DuoU than other balls I've put into the rotation this winter.

Back