Dan42nepa

Reaction score
Handicap
My wife and I went to the Phiiladelphia Golf Expo today. It was very nice she bought me David Ledbetters book and we had it signed. The ajoining building had a Gun show going on. Only in Pennsylvania I guess.. But I love both so a great day.

Dan

Three things in common--Both can be expensive to get into , you are always wanting to upgrade your equipment and both takes practice to get better.

I have both.

When just one absurdly deep and expensive rabbit hole isn't enough to delve into.

tell me about it.. 60 plus rifles and handguns

My wife and I went to the Phiiladelphia Golf Expo today. It was very nice she bought me David Ledbetters book and we had it signed. The ajoining building had a Gun show going on. Only in Pennsylvania I guess.. But I love both so a great day.

Dan

A couple years ago, I stopped in for a round after work.
I was carrying, but forgot to leave my gun in the Van.
Got paired up with a guy, and before the first tee I said Oops... Would you mind if this (gun) is in the storage cuddy of the cart until we pass he parking lot?
We laughed about it

"Never can me too careful on the course..."

When just one absurdly deep and expensive rabbit hole isn't enough to delve into.

LOL! I only have 3 shotguns, a couple rifles, and 5 handguns but I've only bought 2 firearms in the last 20 years. Now that I have more disposable income, I could see myself adding to the collection again. I did buy a $700 Benjamin pellet gun last year to take care of a pest problem without alarming my anti gun neighbors.

I can miss both golf and pistol targets at 25 yards by a wide margin. :beat-up:

A couple years ago, I stopped in for a round after work.
I was carrying, but forgot to leave my gun in the Van.
Got paired up with a guy, and before the first tee I said Oops... Would you mind if this (gun) is in the storage cuddy of the cart until we pass he parking lot?
We laughed about it

"Never can me too careful on the course..."
I often have my carry gun with me on the course...bags have lots of pockets...

Would be interesting finish 9 holes.. 25 yard pistol target 5 shots 22 target pistol. same thing when you finish the 18th. Sort of like the biatholon.

You're telling me, I just saw how cheap I could get a Kel Tec KSG threw my employee discount at work and I've been in ponder mode since.

But I need tires for my car more, so someday.

I don't want to know what I've spent in total for both of these hobbies...

My two favorite hobbies.

You're telling me, I just saw how cheap I could get a Kel Tec KSG threw my employee discount at work and I've been in ponder mode since. But I need tires for my car more, so someday.

I have a Kel KSG shotgun. You can't beat it for the capacity.

What is awesome is I have permission to from my course to access areas around to call coyotes. I have called out coyotes right off our course. To me golf and guns just go together.
I have (2) 17Tac, (1) 20Tac, (2) 204, (1) 223, (2) 243, (3) 9mm.
One of the 204s is a South Texas Arms 20" barreled AR.

I'm getting my concealed weapons permit. Too many crazies in this world.

I'm getting my concealed weapons permit. Too many crazies in this world.
I'm in the process of getting mine as well. Been shooting for a long time so I figured it's time.

I have a lifetime permit. My preference is cowboy guns (single action revolvers, lever action rifles, and Winchester model 97 shotguns) short stroked for speed in competition.

Played in Dallas a couple of weeks ago at Luna Vista which is right across some water from a big gun range. If you're on the holes close to the range on a Saturday, it sounds like there's a war going on. If you want to golf and shoot, there's the perfect combo there.

Played in Dallas a couple of weeks ago at Luna Vista which is right across some water from a big gun range. If you're on the holes close to the range on a Saturday, it sounds like there's a war going on. If you want to golf and shoot, there's the perfect combo there.
Military post golf courses, very common.

Back