Great Life Kansas City area course recommendations

benualson

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm new here!

Some friends and I from Sioux Falls, SD are interested in going down to the Kansas City area within the next month (weather permitting). We are Great Life members in Sioux Falls which apparently allows us to play at these courses (cart fee only; green fee covered by Great Life):

http://www.greatlifegolf.com/stay-and-play

We would probably play 1 or 2 courses on a Saturday and Play 1 course on Sunday.

None of us has been to the Kansas City area; so, we are looking for some recommendations based on that listing.

Staley Farms looks pretty nice and may be worth the $45 cart included fee?

Thanks,

Looks like three of our four courses are switching to Great Life in the next week or so. Painted Hills, Falcon Ridge and Royal Meadows. Falcon Ridge is the nicest one (was $64 weekend mornings last year).

Of course this was supposed to happen two weeks ago. So who knows.

I've never played Staley Farms so I can't help you there!

Staley Farms is a nice course, I would for sure play it

I went down and played drumm farms last October for the great life championship it was really nice. Stanley is suppose to be the best of the 3 elite courses.

First off, welcome to THP, secondly, what an awesome list of courses to have available, this great life stuff needs to spread outside SD for sure.

Welcome to THP! There are many THPERS from the KC area that I'm sure can direct you to many excellent choices.

Welcome to THP! Sioux Falls huh? We've got a decent little number of SF guys here. All GreatLife members as well I believe!

Played Drum Farm quite a bit. Its a great course.

This time of year you could also play Shoal Creek for a decent rate its a great course. One of my favs in the area

This time of year you could also play Shoal Creek for a decent rate its a great course. One of my favs in the area

I second that. shoal creek is my favorite course on the western side of MO. It's hard to believe that it's a muni course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to thp! As P4b said, there are a few of us that live in SF and always welcome teeing it up with new thp'ers
Golfing outside in a month sounds pretty enticing! Let us know how the trip went. Would love to head down to KC and golf their courses at the discounted rate

Also Zoysia gras is amazing!

Thanks for the warm welcome and recommendations!

Shoal Creek for sure. Love that course.

Welcome to THP!

Shoal Creek and Tiffany Greens are two I'd suggest.

Welcome to THP. Another fellow Sioux Fall's member here. Definitely reach out to any of us to get a round in sometime. I've been fortunate to play with the other guys from SF, great group of guys.

Welcome to THP. Another fellow Sioux Fall's member here. Definitely reach out to any of us to get a round in sometime. I've been fortunate to play with the other guys from SF, great group of guys.

other than that time p4b and myself almost threw down on 18 at willow. #awkward

If you aren't tied down to the Great Life Stuff I would strongly reccomend Creekmoor, it is easily the best public course in KC, and better than some of the exclusive private clubs.

If you aren't tied down to the Great Life Stuff I would strongly reccomend Creekmoor, it is easily the best public course in KC, and better than some of the exclusive private clubs.

Im a member there as well. It is a great course.

other than that time p4b and myself almost threw down on 18 at willow. #awkward

Heck, that just taught me to make sure I'm not keeping track of the scorecard when I'm with you guys!

OK, here is what i've planned out:

?Saturday Morning: St. Joe CC or Drumm Farm

Saturday Afternoon: Staley Farms

Sunday Morning: Falcon Ridge

What would you guys play: St. Joe CC or Drumm Farm?

The course Smallville works at just got aquired by GreatLife. Painted Hills. Its a nice course. Very fun to play.

OK, here is what i've planned out:

?Saturday Morning: St. Joe CC or Drumm Farm

Saturday Afternoon: Staley Farms

Sunday Morning: Falcon Ridge

What would you guys play: St. Joe CC or Drumm Farm?

I would play Drumm Farm everyday over St. Joe CC... The other 2 courses are solid options as well

How is the shape of the courses down there? Greenish yet?

Back