THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

For the guys that have been selected already. How excited are you to see who joins your team? What characteristics do you want to see from the newest members of the teams?

Pretty darn excited to see who will be joining us. You and Ron have your hands full trying to fill out the teams. Having played in a good number of THP events, I have never been paired with someone who was not a great partner and person and having played in a few team events, the same thing rings true. I know with whomever it is who rounds out our team, they will be good people and will have the desire to get their games as sharp as possible for July to represent the Carolinas.

I am hoping that the newest members fully embrace the event and dive head first into everything that THP offers. It is more than a golf website. It is whatever you make as it has been said, but THP goes from a golf website to a true community once you partake in an event and see how great the people are here.

In terms of what I am hoping to see from my teammates on the course, I am looking for a teammate who is going to be level-headed throughout a match-play style competition. This past weekend at the Kentwool, I was fully reminded of how quickly momentum can change and how important it is to just keep playing your game. There is no reason to get too high or low during a round. I am also looking for someone who is competitive but will also have respect for their opponent. In the end, we all want to win but how we carry ourselves on the course and treat our opponents is more important IMO.

Oh yeah ... getting the driver dialed in with a couple of TrueTemper shaft choices!

Getting this, and the PL Blue tipped today!
That driver still staying straight and far like it was at dormie?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That driver still staying straight and far like it was at dormie?
The distance is still there, but lately it has been leaking a bit right on me. I partly blame that on the weather and my inability to get out as much. We'll see how it plays tomorrow, as I've got an afternoon round scheduled. When I shot that 46, I only hit 1/7 FIR so at least my scrambling ability is improving (though when it leaks right, it's not going way way right like it has been at Tot Hill)! :D I've got a driver fitting coming up in a couple of weeks, and then it's lesson time. The driver is still my weakness, but it's going to be receiving a heck of a lot of focus this year.

Admittedly, I'll be bummed. I'll get over it though. Nothing in life is guaranteed, and we're not owed anything. I try to treat each THP event as my last because I have no idea what life has in store for me. I hope I'm around for much much longer, but you never know ... so enjoy it while you can. Both teams have quality individuals gunning for these three spots, and the other four on each team are likewise top notch individuals so ... no, I won't be mad because it's hard to begrudge a good person their good fortune. The only thing that would disappoint me, is if after the event it turns out someone dogged the whole experience. I don't think that will happen, but that would certainly disappoint me.

Keep grinding partner and you'll be living in the 80s before you know it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a97f463c384ab4fc2f80a1f0fdf8e16d.jpg

This hat is soo my style! Excited!

+1. It even has my initials RR. Hey JB is this logo Patented?:D

I figured it out. Check out that avatar!!!

For the guys that have been selected already. How excited are you to see who joins your team? What characteristics do you want to see from the newest members of the teams?

Man, I really am excited to see who gets in! I want guys that want to win, but not at the expense of not having fun. NO need to be a d!$K! Guys that are good communicators, positive and know their strengths & weaknesses and know how to get it done regardless. But the main trait is - Passion! Passionate about golf, passionate about THP - but most of all - passionate about bringing it for their DMV teammates!

Getting closer everyday to Captain's picks! With the weather looking better around here I'm planning on playing tomorrow and Sunday. Anyone else going to be able to get a round in?

Even though my current circumstances required that I not seek a slot on the DMV team, I am extremely anxious to see who the captain selects to fill the team and I wish all the hopefuls good luck. That said, I am hopeful that by the time the event occurs that I will be back playing. The reason I write this post is to ask--after the team is finalized would it be proper and appropriate to start a non-participant thread to see who may want to go to support the team and perhaps arrange an alternate means to play some golf. Who may want to purchase some tickets for the dinner, perhaps arrange some carpooling and so on.

Pretty darn excited to see who will be joining us. You and Ron have your hands full trying to fill out the teams. Having played in a good number of THP events, I have never been paired with someone who was not a great partner and person and having played in a few team events, the same thing rings true. I know with whomever it is who rounds out our team, they will be good people and will have the desire to get their games as sharp as possible for July to represent the Carolinas.

I am hoping that the newest members fully embrace the event and dive head first into everything that THP offers. It is more than a golf website. It is whatever you make as it has been said, but THP goes from a golf website to a true community once you partake in an event and see how great the people are here.

In terms of what I am hoping to see from my teammates on the course, I am looking for a teammate who is going to be level-headed throughout a match-play style competition. This past weekend at the Kentwool, I was fully reminded of how quickly momentum can change and how important it is to just keep playing your game. There is no reason to get too high or low during a round. I am also looking for someone who is competitive but will also have respect for their opponent. In the end, we all want to win but how we carry ourselves on the course and treat our opponents is more important IMO.
This is such a great post on so many levels.

John. I was paired with Nate in KC and he talked about what a great player but more importantly, what a great guy you aew.

I hope this July finally brings me the good fortune of meeting you.

Well correct that. I know I'll meet you, as I'll be there either way.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

John. I was paired with Nate in KC and he talked about what a great player but more importantly, what a great guy you aew.

I had the good fortune of meeting John this past weekend and I can say without hesitation I would be honored to tee it up with him, as friend or foe.

Thanks, man. I meant every word of it. Good people are drawn to this place.

I paid Nate handsomely for him to say that, so glad to hear he held up his end of the bargain. I've been trying to get him back on the east coast but he doesn't want to leave Texas it would appear.

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well. Hopefully we can get a round in one way or the other.

I had the good fortune of meeting John this past weekend and I can say without hesitation I would be honored to tee it up with him, as friend or foe.

Hopefully I will be standing on two legs when that day comes.

I paid Nate handsomely for him to say that, so glad to hear he held up his end of the bargain. I've been trying to get him back on the east coast but he doesn't want to leave Texas it would appear.

Yeah. I was shocked to see him in KC. But I think he did a lot last year to damage his persona of not travelling ?

Getting closer everyday to Captain's picks! With the weather looking better around here I'm planning on playing tomorrow and Sunday. Anyone else going to be able to get a round in?

I am not sure if I will be able to play. I am working Saturday, so Sunday will probably be a family day. I did putt for about 30 minutes on my lunch break today.

Here's a question that has been asked before but now that we are deeper into it wondering how everyone feels.

How do you react if you are not a captains pick? Honestly would you be upset/mad/supportive I will be curious where you guys go with this ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes I would be upset, who wouldn't be? If you weren't then obviously it was not that important to you. I would maybe be mad at myself for not being involved enough to be picked but not mad at the Capt or THP.

I would def be supportive of those selected....there would no reason not to be.

This me being honest

Well, got an email from lostgolfballs.com that showed some pretty good deal. Well after a few mouse clicks I am the now the proud owner of 7 dozen TM TPX balls and 3 dozen Srixon Z star XV's. All in mint AAAAA condition for $99.94 shipped. Pretty good deal. I should be set for the year or 3....lol

Well, got an email from lostgolfballs.com that showed some pretty good deal. Well after a few mouse clicks I am the now the proud owner of 7 dozen TM TPX balls and 3 dozen Srixon Z star XV's. All in mint AAAAA condition for $99.94 shipped. Pretty good deal. I should be set for the year or 3....lol

Sounds like a great deal! Way to go!

Only a few short hours left before we find out who the fortunate six will be to fill out each of the teams. Getting nervous to see how things shake out.

Nice. I am a huge fan of them. They have awesome Sampler packs that let you try out other balls that are similar to the ones your are playing.

Nice. I am a huge fan of them. They have awesome Sampler packs that let you try out other balls that are similar to the ones your are playing.

Never have tried the sampler packs. I'm really happy with the tour preferred X right now. But that's a great idea

Yeah I love this site. But with the quantity I bought I doubt they will get business from me anytime soon. Lol

Only a few short hours left before we find out who the fortunate six will be to fill out each of the teams. Getting nervous to see how things shake out.

When is the capt picks to be announced?

Back