Michigan hackers, check in here

Awesome. First time playing there? greens are pretty tricky eh? and the rough is just brutal.

Wasn't too bad.. I had a good day...Beautiful.. The locker room was great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want to get out this weekend....
Maybe somewhere south.....???

You will need to go way south. Even here is going to be questionable conditions. There is still snow on over 50% of the grassy areas here as of an hour ago. Giant Oak has said they will be open for business but even with tomorrow being 55 and 30mph winds and similar temps on Saturday I cannot imagine it drying out enough to be more than a muddy slop. Plus there is a 40% chance for rain on Sunday.

I'm afraid to recommend it because I'm not sure it would be worth the drive required for you.

Me personally, my lone window might be Saturday afternoon, but that's only if the club is open and playable and I probably wouldn't get 9 in even.

The Highlands in Grands Rapids is going to me open this weekend, that's where I'm heading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think Sylvan Glen might be open here in Troy. Gonna call tomorrow and then see how the weather shakes out. The wind should help dry it out

I'll be heading to Carl's for demo days Saturday morning

The Highlands in Grands Rapids is going to me open this weekend, that's where I'm heading.

Is that where you won that membership?

Is that where you won that membership?

Nope that place hasn't opened up yet, but the Highlands is an old Donald Ross course I believe. I've played it once and don't remember much about it other than it was pretty hilly.

He guys we have an opening for Treetops May 20-22 if anyone is interested. $368, covers your hotel stay, 36 holes Friday and Saturday(may just play 27), and 18 on Sunday with breakfast Saturday and Sunday.

He guys we have an opening for Treetops May 20-22 if anyone is interested. $368, covers your hotel stay, 36 holes Friday and Saturday(may just play 27), and 18 on Sunday with breakfast Saturday and Sunday.

Sounds like a fun time. Unfortunately I won't be able to go. Hit em straight.

Thinking Jackson is a viable location for round Sunday. Anyone?

Thinking Jackson is a viable location for round Sunday. Anyone?

Could make that work

Know if there's any courses open there?

It's not Jackson but Oakland Hills in Battle creek may be open, I'm not sure. I'm not used to looking for golf in February

It's not Jackson but Oakland Hills in Battle creek may be open, I'm not sure. I'm not used to looking for golf in February

If you wanted to lead the search committee, have at it. I'll play where ever!

If you wanted to lead the search committee, have at it. I'll play where ever!

If you're not set on Jackson, we could try Fellows Creek or Hickory Creek in Canton. They are normally greed and put people out as soon as they can.

If you're not set on Jackson, we could try Fellows Creek or Hickory Creek in Canton. They are normally greed and put people out as soon as they can.

Don't really matter to me. Somewhere central is nice but I'm not picky.

Anyone else wanna chime in?

Fellows creek is right off 275 and Michigan Ave, pretty easy to get to, hickory creek, is Ford RD off of M14.

Brae Burn may be an option, they are another course that puts people out ASAP.

No one else has any input? I'll call the couple places I listed plus maybe a few others. If you want to look around also that's great.

Sunday is going to be quite a bit colder than tomorrow. High is only 43 for around here. I'll do some looking today. I definitely couldn't go all the way to Battle Creek but might be able to do something a little closer.

I'll be heading to Carl's for demo days Saturday morning

Was just there a few minutes ago at BH. Every single mat was occupied by the time I left. Golf is in the air for Michigan. Love it.

I'll be hitting Top Golf tomorrow down in Georgia. No clubs with me but it will be good to get some swings in.

I'll be hitting Top Golf tomorrow down in Georgia. No clubs with me but it will be good to get some swings in.

Let us know how it is. There's one by my parents house in Az. I've always wanted to go to one.

I'd give my left arm, well maybe a pinkie, for them to open one here in MI. They are a blast. Have fun.

I have cart heaters and will bring them as well.

Back