Tell us about your worst golf performance ever...

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not talking about your highest score, your hugest banana slice, or the furthest you've bladed a wedge. I'm talking about something that after you did it, you were dumbfounded that something like that was even possible. I'm talking about something so bad that you wouldn't even expect a person to do something like that in their first round of golf ever.

Me? I topped them all. I honestly should ask GolferGal for a name change after today's performance.

I SIX putted from 15'.

Someone shoot me now.

Worst is probably a 4 putt double bogey on the opening hole

4 putt bogey after reaching par 5 in 2. The 2nd shot was glorious. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sh**ked 3 holes in low with absolute awesome drives.
All leading to two doubles and bogey.

In my club championship 33 years ago I scored a 13 on a par 4 on #3 day two of the tournament after hitting my first three tee shots O.B left off the tee trying to cut the corner. I was leading after day one and wound up shooting 83 that second day. A double bogey on that hole would have won me the trophy at age 20.

I SIX putted from 15'.

that's what gimmes are for ;)

for me, one of my worst performances was a friendly competition at kinderlou for the gethering. i was paired with @v.man. i don't remember who we were playing against, but i remember we would hit phenomenal drives all day, and have short irons or wedges in hand. and every time. every. single. time. i shanked it. i now know why, but at the time i was completely lost. ken was a real sport about it, but he's also a competitor. he did everything he could to get me to shake it, but i couldn't. i was just helpless.

for me, one of my worst performances was a friendly competition at kinderlou for the gethering. i was paired with @v.man. i don't remember who we were playing against, but i remember we would hit phenomenal drives all day, and have short irons or wedges in hand. and every time. every. single. time. i shanked it. i now know why, but at the time i was completely lost. ken was a real sport about it, but he's also a competitor. he did everything he could to get me to shake it, but i couldn't. i was just helpless.
I have fought the skanks, too. I feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The one that comes to mind was when I got the full fledged S-words during the member guest at my best friend’s club. It was horrible.

Shot 37 on the front and 59 on the back, which was kicked off with an 11 on the 10th. You name it, it happened on the back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I missed it, twice, on the first tee of the Faldo course in Portugal. I think I’d got in at about 7am that morning after the last bar shut and was ‘tired’.

I hit a boat!....On land!....IN A GARAGE! I was like 12 at the time.

I'm not talking about your highest score, your hugest banana slice, or the furthest you've bladed a wedge. I'm talking about something that after you did it, you were dumbfounded that something like that was even possible. I'm talking about something so bad that you wouldn't even expect a person to do something like that in their first round of golf ever.

Me? I topped them all. I honestly should ask GolferGal for a name change after today's performance.

I SIX putted from 15'.

Someone shoot me now.

I've seen worse (8 putt from 25'), but in his defense, the pin placement was right in the middle of a hill. If it didn't go in, it for sure wasn't a tap in for your next shot. Even the marshal was shaking his head and not at the 8 putt. Pin guy must've had a really bad morning that day!

Tell us about your worst golf performance ever...

A few months ago on a dog leg right, I sailed a 4 Hybrid on my second shot over what has to be a 20-25 foot high sound wall into the 6 lane highway and the ample traffic. My cartner just stood there in disbelief, moth agape. Not my best moment.

Last edited:
I have seen pins like that, just this fall i had one where if you didnt make the putt it would roll back down the hill and you would be left with a 6 footer. I watched a couple guys hit that same 6 foot putt a couple times.

For me it would be this year sending a hosel rocket off of KEV's head during fitting day at the biggest amateur event in the country.

Shot 37 on the front and 59 on the back, which was kicked off with an 11 on the 10th. You name it, it happened on the back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
40-48 today for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was teeing of on a Saturday after a frost delay. Lots of people waiting and milling about. I pull hooked one directly into a tree center stump. The ball richocheted back, over our heads and smacked up against the clubhouse about 25 yards behind us. I was the hit of the day. I re-teed and was able to put it in the fairway. I was definitely in a flop sweat of full embarrassment.

I have cleared my memory banks of my worst rounds and only keep in memory my better rounds

High school golf, last regular season match of the year. I got the s-words on a par 4 and took an 11 with ZERO penalty strokes. I got benched for sectionals due to this and the team ended up making the state tourney and finishing sixth. It was probably the right move (we may not have made it if I did it again), but still, that hole cost me the chance to play at states! Although being the alternate and cheering on the team for two days was a lot less pressure...

I can appreciate the value of a gimme when appropriate. My first two putts were surely too far to consider gimmes. After that, I refuse to admit defeat. I get to a point where I decide... I WILL finish this hole no matter what.

There's a short 9 hole course here that I've played 5 times or so in the ~17 months I've been here. There's a par 5 on it that the first two times I played it, I took a 13 and a 12. I finally beat it and made par the last time I played it. It's just a stupid hole.

I have cleared my memory banks of my worst rounds and only keep in memory my better rounds

This is what I need to teach my 14 year old to do. Not so much from round to round, but hole to hole during a round.

I was up 5 strokes on 17 tee. Uphill par 3 guarded by bunkers. Put one in the bunker, took 2 to get out, 2 putted for a double. My opponent made par.

So I’m up 3 on 18 tee. Striped it down the middle. Shanked my approach into the desert. Hitting 3 from 125, dropped it to 6 feet - not a bad shot from the desert sand.

My opponent makes his birdie putt. I have a 6 footer for par to win by 2 strokes.

Three-jacked it for a double from 6 feet... and we tied.

I remember years ago my buddy and I slicing 3 straight balls (mine were the first and third) into a condo that’s probably 120 yards from this tee box. The owners come out, complained, called the marshall. He watches us swing and tells the owner that it wasn’t intentional. Humorous, yes, but we were pretty ashamed.

In high school during a practice match, I hit one of my teammates in the head with my driver while taking my club back for a practice swing.

He had stepped back, but returned to pick up his tee that he found.

No hospital visit, no blood, no concussion, but I know it hurt. I doubt the clubhead even got to knee level. I got lucky.
It has been almost twenty years and that's the **** I remember. I've pulled carts out of ponds, seen people cut by shafts etc... At the end of the day, for 95% of us it is just a game and even a "Tin Cup" moment isn't worth the time we give it.

My junior year of college, I generally shot in the high 70s or low 80s. I went to spend a week in Georgia to play golf for spring break. The first round was at a pretty nice course. I hit my driver ok, but I didn't hit a single iron shot that wasn't a dead shank until the 17th hole. I have no idea what I shot, but I legitimately put every single iron shot for 16 holes into the deep woods or OB.

Back