Dear THP, for my next round please remind me to...

obedt

Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
Let's face it, some of us do "not very smart things" on the course on occasion. Think it might be a good idea to put pen to paper and write up some friendly reminders to not do stupid $#@. It can be remember to bring a putter to the course (have been guilty before), bring golf shoes, or whatever.

For me, first one -

Please THP, remind me to not ever hit fairway wood over a hazard from a divot in the fairway.

images

Last edited:
Mine would be when in trouble go the easy way back to the fairway and NOT through the opening in the trees!

Please THP, remind me to play the ball to the green, bump and run doesn't work in the winter.

Please THP, remind me to visualize my shot before setting up. All too often I just step up and wing it, which usually results in a much less productive shot than intended.

Two things:

1 - Please remind me to ensure the hook and loop fastener on my glove is secure before I swing.

I'm not sure how many times in the last couple of rounds, I hit the ball and feel that it was a bit "off", then look down to see my glove is not fastened. Ugh...

2 - Please remind me that if you haven't hit the first 3 putts, it's alright to lag the 4th up to the hole from 3' to avoid the dreaded 6 putt.

Please remind me to make sure I have grabbed the 6 iron and not the 9 iron when needing the 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please THP: remind me to bring 2 wedges to my short shots instead of having to walk back to the cart.

Please THP, remind me how to aim since I don't slice the ball all the time anymore.

Please remind me to make sure I have grabbed the 6 iron and not the 9 iron when needing the 6

That may have been the impetus for getting rid of my 50* when I also had a 60*.

Please THP: remind me to bring 2 wedges to my short shots instead of having to walk back to the cart.

This is tough for me too and it's another reason why I would rather walk when I can.

I have created a little pocket sized note book of golfing reminders of little things I need to do while playing a round. Some little things that I sometimes forget make a big difference in my game. I usually read the reminders in it before each round.

Please don’t look at scorecard and say “Wow, all I need to do to break “X” is bogey in!”

Please don’t look at scorecard and say “Wow, all I need to do to break “X” is bogey in!”

Ohhh we’ve all been guilty of the self-inflicted scorecard peeper curse!!

Several years ago we were playing a fairly tough course in the Poconos. I just birdied 15, and as we drove off, he said: “wow, Ray- you’re one over...”. If I wasn’t in a different cart, he would have been limping from the 3 wood to the nuts. Naturally, I clanked a bogey on 16- an easy Par 3. “Don’t EVER do that again!”. I was lucky to par 17, and then birdied 18- a quirky Par 5 to close out the day. So now he knows to keep his mouth shut and his balls covered if he doesn’t.

Can't you just turn that club around?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For any early morning round, remind me to bring the "Wet Wipes." When you gotta' go ...

Remind me to bring my divot tool and ball marker

Remind me to "stay cool."

Enjoy the moment regardless of my performance. I already have a job and pay good money to be playing.

Dear THP,
Please don't allow me to stand too close to the ball because I set up too quickly. There have been some awful mis hits lately.

Turn my work phone off. If I am that important they should give me a big raise.

Turn my work phone off. If I am that important they should give me a big raise.

Lol know that feeling. Bad thing is my work calls come directly to my personal phone that I pay for.

I just need to be reminded have fun.

To make sure I take enough club. Too often once I zap the flag that is the distance I pull the club for. When it's winter, when it's uphill, when it's wet, etc remind me to think that through and grab the right club. I miss way too many shots short of the green.

Please THP, remind me that setup is everything!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Dear THP, please remind me to release my hands

Playing a few years ago with my Dad and his buddies we get to a 138 yard par 3. I was last to hit and smoked a "9i" which promptly flew the green and landed on next tee box. Turns out I hit the upside down 9. What scared me is I didn't notice fairly straight face club at address...mush

Dear THP, please remind me to... nope. Never mind. I think too much as it is. Now get out of my head, get!

Please remind me to bring lots of beer before I start!

Back