1 Company, 1 Question, 1 Criticism, 1 Compliment

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Imagine you have the opportunity to interact with any golf company you can. Your interaction however is limited to three lines of communication: one question, one criticism, and one compliment.

What company would it be, and what would your question, criticism, and compliment be?

For me:

Company: Wilson Staff
Question: Does the C200 FLEX FACE technology make its way into the F or D lines?
Criticism: Despite your great technology, your in-store presence lags way behind.
Compliment: Your irons are the most technologically advanced in the business, keep it up.

No one? Sheesh, what a stinker of a thread this turned out to be.

Bridgestone.

Who came up with the thought about trying face milling on a driver.

Your equipment sounds spectacular.

When are you going to have your gear in stores up here in Canada.

No one? Sheesh, what a stinker of a thread this turned out to be.

Haha just saw this buddy! It's great thread. So many getting bubbled to the top today it's like a buffet, you want to get to them all but you stop at certain ones first.

Company: Bridgestone Golf
Question:
What do you need to do to increase your market share to be the #1 ball in golf?
Criticism:
Why do you set yourselves backwards with using Shopatron as a signifcant CS arm for your company?
Compliment:
Release cycles and singular pursuit of perfection are what make me so passionate about your brand.

Company: Callaway
Question:
With Phil getting up there in years who are you targeting to be the face of your company on the tour?
Criticism: ​
Your clothing line is, well, boring as hell.
Compliment:
Your customer service is renowned.

Callaway.

I love Callaway. They make great clubs and balls, and their people are awesome.

Here's my gripe: matte finish on drivers/woods. I absolutely loved the feel of the GBB, but I won't play it because of he matte finish.

Can't we bring glossy back?

#Let'sMakeDriversGlossyAgain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland. Criticism would be your altitude irons look butt hole ugly. A compliment would be that I still rock your wedges cg 16 black and are still the best and my question would be about stock shaft options.

Cleveland Golf

Is there any chance you can consolidate the product lines instead of what appears to be three separate companies, Cleveland, Srixon and XXIO

The Z series of irons are the best line to have ever been launched IMHO

The Z series of irons have the worst grips to have ever been brought to market.

Callaway.

I love Callaway. They make great clubs and balls, and their people are awesome.

Here's my gripe: matte finish on drivers/woods. I absolutely loved the feel of the GBB, but I won't play it because of he matte finish.

Can't we bring glossy back?

#Let'sMakeDriversGlossyAgain

UDesign.

#urwelcome

Company: ​Callaway/Odyssey
Question:
What determines wether a product is JDm only or USDM or worldwide?
Criticism:
You give all the cool limited putters to Japan and that sucks!
Compliment:
The new GBB might be the best driver ever released!

Company: Ping
Compliment: Your i-series fairway woods are the nearest clubs that I've tried that I consider almost "automatic".
Criticism: Your local stores here don't have an i-25 demo driver.
Question: When are you going to come up with the new I-series driver?

Company: Nike
Question: Are you going to change your marketing scheme? EVER?
Compliment: The new driver colors look amazing! I actually like the color schemes they have been rocking for a couple years
Criticism: What is up with your marketing??? or lack thereof

Company: Nike
Question: Are you going to change your marketing scheme? EVER?
Compliment: The new driver colors look amazing! I actually like the color schemes they have been rocking for a couple years
Criticism: What is up with your marketing??? or lack thereof

Wow this was what I was going to post almost verbatim.

UDesign.

#urwelcome

I don't know why I have to suffer through an extra $100 expense just because I have style.

I don't know why I have to suffer through an extra $100 expense just because I have style.

Golf smith is selling black U designs for normal price I believe. And they are gloss.

Golf smith is selling black U designs for normal price I believe. And they are gloss.

Oh. That is interesting.

Mizuno

Question: How did you come up with your naming system?

Criticism: Wow, you're naming system sucks. (ie MP-33's came out before the MP-32's; the 30's series is mainly blades, but the 30 themselves are cavities).

Compliment: Wonderful clubs to hit. I'm probably a Mizuno guy forever.

Question: Are we approaching a point of consumer knowledge about shafts that your decision to brand shafts "Ping" instead of with the shaft OEM will harm sales?
Criticism: You are one of only two major OEMs I can think of that hasn't partnered with THP on an event. Get with the program already.
Compliment: I love the way you clearly differentiate club models by type of player. It is so easy to understand.

Last edited:
Company: Titleist
Question: Why don't you try harder in making your clubs better?
Criticism: When you Pro V starts to loose market share to other balls, Chrome Soft, new B330...maybe you'll try harder in other areas say....clubs?
Compliment: Your equipment LOOKS good.

Imagine you have the opportunity to interact with any golf company you can. Your interaction however is limited to three lines of communication: one question, one criticism, and one compliment.

What company would it be, and what would your question, criticism, and compliment be?

For me:

Company: Wilson Staff
Question: Does the C200 FLEX FACE technology make its way into the F or D lines?
Criticism: Despite your great technology, your in-store presence lags way behind.
Compliment: Your irons are the most technologically advanced in the business, keep it up.

With the name, heritage and technology that Wilson has, it should talked about in the same sentence as Titleist, Callaway, Ping, Taylormade, but it's not. You're spot on in your assessment with Wilson but to add to their criticism is their website and how they don't even have their latest products and options in their custom catalog. Maybe that's something related to the in-store presence lag.

Wilson Staff
Why can't you get a W/S tour player in one of your drivers?
Website needs more content (offset on irons, current shaft options, etc...)
I love that they were loyal to Paddy even through some rough years.

Titleist

Question: Why don't you pay out big contracts like other OEMs?
Criticism: Your brand is looked at like the stuffy good old boys club. Why don't you change that? Or do you not want to?
Compliment: Your equipment always looks so good.

Company: Wilson Staff.
Question: I'm turned off by the name. Drop the "Staff" part and just be Wilson Golf like the good ole days.
Criticism: How come none of your pro's play your drivers or your putters?
Compliment: You're still in the golf business after all these years.

Question: Is the G series the new I Series and the Max the new G?
Criticism: THP is a place you need to be involved with, just ask Callaway?
Compliment: Your customer service is killer.

Company- Titleist

Question- Why don't you have more driver, fairway and Hybrid options?
Critisim- Wish you had more driver options.
Compliment- Love your AP2 line. Best clubs I have ever hit.

Back