Anyone Else Ever Try to Post a Swing Thought on Other Golf Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolfLivesMatter

Reaction score
Handicap
There's a competing golf forum that has a guy who dominates the forum and swears like a Portuguese Sailor and banishes anyone who dares to disagree with him to the gallows, along with his minions. I have never seen such childish stuff since 3rd grade.

THP allows comments, even off-base comments, and I never see ridiculously berserk responses. It's a game. Why do folks forget that?

There's a competing golf forum that has a guy who dominates the forum and swears like a Portuguese Sailor and banishes anyone who dares to disagree with him to the gallows, along with his minions. I have never seen such childish stuff since 3rd grade.

THP allows comments, even off-base comments, and I never see ridiculously berserk responses. It's a game. Why do folks forget that?

I was banned from MyGolfSpy for pointing out that the high handicap guy in the TXG fitting video received a lesson (during the fitting), and that the lesson was what enabled him to start striking the ball a bit better.
I was banned from GolfWrx for writing that over sized club heads are not necessarily more forgiving.

Theres keyboard warriors all over. On some forums, you have a boys' club mentality and if you disagree with the leader, you get what you get. The reason why is simply because some people act all big and bad when they can hide behind their computer. It is what it is.
Ive been a member on pretty much every golf forum there is and it happens on most, if not all of them from time to time. At the end of the day, its just a golf forum and I wouldnt lose any sleep over it.
Ive posted thoughts on various forums throughout the years that people have disagreed with, told me I was wrong and even tried to ridicule me for it. As you can see from my feedback rating on here, over the last 10 years, plenty of people have disagreed with me and even took the time to give me negative feedback for it. LOL It doesnt really bother me though. Their have their opinions, I have mine and if we disagree, thats fine. You dont have to agree with everyone but IMO, you should try to be respectful and if you simply cant come to an agreement, sometimes its better just to agree to disagree and let it go. I havent always been the best about that and obviously Im not alone when it comes to that.

I don’t use the MGS forum but a quick scan of user comments on most any review article shows that there are an awful lot of haters and contrarians commenting. I agree golf is supposed to be fun. Some people let the least amount of power go to their head.

Anytime some idiot can get behind a computer screen he is prone to run his mouth. That is one of the reasons I am here and not anywhere else unless its to look in the classifieds. Its not just golf forums, its everywhere on the internet. Look at Facebook, news sites comment sections, etc. Everybody knows everything on the internet and they are all "tough" guys too. Been quite a few times I have invited a "tough" guy to come and visit but of course none ever want to accept that offer.

The replies, comments, ridicule and mentality towards some of my posts on TheSandTrap from many of those on that forum made me decide to leave them. THPer's are better.

Okay guys, we are glad that people enjoy the THP Forum for what it is.

We set out to put together a community that we would be happy to be a part of. Complete with events that are once in a lifetime events for those that want to take part in them. A community that has a charitable drive and a place that we can call home. We are glad that after over a decade those values still hold true.

With that said, let's leave the thoughts on the other places or issues at other places to those websites.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back