Low Spin affordable driver?

Danchuk

Reaction score
Handicap
Currently looking for a low spin driver that is affordable. Ping Anser, Bridgestone J40, and Taylormade SLDR 430 TP are on my list. What do you think? What else should I look into? Thanks

Wilson Triton, its a little loud but at least its beautiful HA!

Adams 9015D....

Seriously though.....Ping G400 LST

Depends on what you mean affordable.

For 2016 models m1 430 and king Ltd are both low spin drivers for around $100.

Older, Sldr is renowned for low spin.

Cobra King LTD is still my 2nd favorite driver and is very low spin. Srixon 545 is another one that I’d be happy to have in my bag.

a used Ping G 400 LST (Low Spin Tec) driver or a used Callaway XR 16

I was going to say the SLDR 430, played one for year and was low spin. Only challenge foe me was dispersion but that was on me. Now that I type this, the TM SuperSpeed driver was the absolute worst for my swing, not sure if low spin but i believe so as everything was crazy low, it drove me crazy, I think it lasted maybe 6 weeks. Shortest lifespan of a driver in my bag in history even though I really liked the look of the driver.

Some good suggestions.

The lowest spin driver I've ever hit was a Triton with the Rogue Silver 125 MSI shaft. Good luck finding this shaft combo online new, but a used one should be available. The issue I had with it was the noise. I'll now admit that it probably wouldn't be an issue outside but it turned me off and made me get rid of it when I hit it indoors on a sim. It's been the only club I've ever got less than 3k spin with.

I'll throw one out there that no one has mentioned yet. The R15 430. This with a Project X Black 7.0 is what's currently in my bag. It's not the most forgiving setup and I still haven't hit it on the Sim so I might be spinning as low or even lower than the Triton. But when I catch one cleanly it is stupidly long which leads me to believe that it's spinning pretty low. It was pretty low compared to most with the stock Speeder Shaft that came with it. I don't remember the exact number but somewhere on the neighborhood of 3k. It is a little more forgiving than the SLDR 430 and a little less than the M1 430. It spins a couple hundred RPM's less than the M1 430 with th same shaft, at least for me.

Cobra Bio Cell Plus is under $100. Deep faced low spinning bomber.

I think the Wilson suggestions are good and I remember the F5 being really low spin. That has to be fairly inexpensive these days.

Go find a Cleveland Classic and basque in its low spin nature.

Go find a Cleveland Classic and basque in its low spin nature.
In my higher spin days the Classic with Kusala Black was hands down the best driver I got my hands on. I miss that thing.

What’s your price range? You want something new or old? If you’re looking for new then you can get Tour Edge Exotic’s new EXS driver for only $300, which is an absolute steal...I believe THP recently reviewed it too.

Srixon Z745.

Srixon Z745.

And if you want one of the lowest spin ever (it IS the lowest I have ever tested or hit) then take that a gen newer for the 765.

And if you want one of the lowest spin ever (it IS the lowest I have ever tested or hit) then take that a gen newer for the 765.

How was the forgiveness compared to the z545 z745 ?

How was the forgiveness compared to the z545 z745 ?

About the same as the 745, meaning, forgiving isn’t a word I would throw around with it.

Noted, thanks.

Depends on what you mean affordable.

For 2016 models m1 430 and king Ltd are both low spin drivers for around $100.

Older, Sldr is renowned for low spin.

SLDR may not spin much, but good luck finding the sweet spot the size of a pimple. About as forgiving as The Spanish Inquisition...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about one of Cally's Sub Zero driver's? The Epic or Rogue? The Epic can be had for probably $150 or so, maybe less. I am not quite sure what the Rogue is priced at used now but shouldn't be too bad!

Z765 is really low spin.

Ping Anser. Tour shaft.

Low spinning. Great feel.

I hit the farthest drives I've ever hit with that driver. Unfortunately I pushed a lot to the next fairway too.

Back