Ideas for a ball to replace Srixon ZStar XV

thiggy

Reaction score
Handicap
I was wondering some ideas to replace the Srixon ZStar XV ball. I love the ball, but assuming either I can't find it, or I can find them but they aren't on sale and are $45.
I use to play Pro V1 for years, but got tired of the price. I liked the Z star and Chrome Soft, but I felt like they were too soft feeling.
So really I want the Srixon Ztar XV, but different and not $45/dozen +.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Bridgestone B330S.

You're going to have a hard time finding a ball comparable and new for less than that price. Might be able to find some older model Bridgestone B330's on sale that I find are better than the XV's.

You're going to have a hard time finding a ball comparable and new for less than that price.
I agree with this. Maybe high quality used ZStars???

I was wondering some ideas to replace the Srixon ZStar XV ball. I love the ball, but assuming either I can't find it, or I can find them but they aren't on sale and are $45.
I use to play Pro V1 for years, but got tired of the price. I liked the Z star and Chrome Soft, but I felt like they were too soft feeling.

If u haven't tried the new chrome soft u should give it a try. I did not like the 2015 version because I as well thought it was to soft. The 2016 version does not have the same soft feeling. The spin was pretty impressive and did not see an loss in distance.

Bridgestone B330S.

Yeah, but the new ones are now $40/dozen. Still cheaper than the ProV1 but not as cheap as the 2014s where I could find them for under $34.00. It won't keep me from playing them of course. But, we are paying for their development and Bridgestone seems to be very excited about these balls.

I think that the only way you'll find a Z-Star XV-esque ball on the cheap is to find a retailer that is blowing out last year's stock. There are many other balls in a similar category (B330, V1X, SR3, TPX etc) but none of them retail for less than the Z-Star.

The new Bridgestones seem really legit

Which Bridgestone model would be similar to the XV?

Are you talking about the most recent spin skin ZStars or the prior model?

Was thinking the Bstone 330's. Grab some and if you don't like them Im sure you can trade them here with someone.

Which Bridgestone model would be similar to the XV?

B330S.
You can enter THP Bridgestone Baller of the Month to win some killer swag.
Im mobile, so not sure if you are coming to the THP Event at RTJ in a couple of weeks, but if you are, I will bring some for you to test.

Bridgestone B330S. I use the RXS myself and have been for a couple of years. Love these balls and will continue to play with them. They are also well priced compared to others in this category.

Thanks. I might give Bridgestone a go next time.

Im not doing the RTJ. I missed the signup and now have plans. I havent done an event with thp before. Only 22 players? Seems limited. Shame too, im stroking it right now with my hcp the lowest ever at 8.2 and dropping. One day i guess, if wife can get over being weirded out by me playing with a bunch of dudes i havent met from a website.

Im not doing the RTJ. I missed the signup and now have plans. I havent done an event with thp before. Only 22 players? Seems limited. Shame too, im stroking it right now with my hcp the lowest ever at 8.2 and dropping. One day i guess, if wife can get over being weirded out by me playing with a bunch of dudes i havent met from a website.

THP Events are not about being the largest groups ever, they are about making the impossible, possible in putting on golf events that were only imagined previously. Hopefully you find the ball best suited for you.

This might help.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/the-golf-industry-uncut-volume-1-thp-radio/

You need to look at it like you just showed up to the course as a single and got paired up with guys you actually got to know online instead of meeting for the 1st time as you would at the course. You get over the weird factor in about 10 seconds after you meet the 1st THP'er. It's a very unique and cool club.

I really like the Bridgestone balls. I play the B330RX which I think matches my game quite well. I'm not a big hitter but I hit one drive 270 last Thursday (the longest I have ever recorded and measured with my G6) straight down the middle of the fairway. I just bought some of the 2016 balls but won't game them until I finish up my 2014s, have about 19 of them left and they will be going in the shag bag at the first sign of wear (I am going to have one nice shag bag this year). I think you get high quality with them without the price though their new balls are more expensive than the 2014s. I like them around the green as well.

My vote would be the 330rx, it is a great ball overall from tee to green

Sounds like my wife. Not only did I go to a THP event where I knew absolutely no one, I also shared a room with a guy I've never met (from Oregon to boot :alien:). But you know what... I left knowing 10 totally awesome dudes that I would call friends!

Snell - my tour ball. You can thank me later.

The new Srixon come on 15 pack vice a dozen correct? So you are paying less than prov1 for and additional sleeve. The b330s is an option or even the RX.

I have tried and liked the Snell tour ball. Don't know if it's close to the ZStar XV, but I do know that it plays very close to the PV1.

Bstone B330 or go to lostgolfballs.com - great deals can be had there.

Did some research on suggestions. Based on what I found, i might as well keep playing ZStar XV, but If im in a pinch ill start with the regular B330. Last time I needed a dozen my golf store only had 1 dozen XVs and pro shops hardly ever carry them.

Back