2019 THP Unofficial Midwest Outing (Branson, MO?)- preplanning stage

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
How many can we get that would be interested in doing an outing in the Branson, MO area? I'm thinking late Julyish time frame. I know many will have plans over the long weekend of Independence Day so I don't wanna encroach too much on that, but figured if we start now, we might get some interest in later in July or even early August. That time of the year, we should be able to get two full rounds in with plenty of down time in the middle if planned right. I'm thinking a morning and afternoon round on Saturday and a morning round on Sunday. The last two weekends in July would be 20/21 and 27/28. The first weekend in August will be 3/4.

Post up here if you'd be interested in playing along with your preference of dates and make sure to point out if any certain dates are a definite no go.

Also, I know Branson has been done before, though I'm not sure how long ago. If anyone has any suggestions on locations other than Branson, feel free to throw them out.

Yes we had this for 2 years and it was 2 amazing weekends.
I do not do it anymore as I am to OCD to plan big gatherings. Also any of my friends know anytime they want to golf down here they are always welcome.

Here is some info for you.
Buffalo Ridge and Ozarks National (Crenshaw Coore) are both must plays. Amazing courses. Branson Hills is a good course although some people hate hole 18, still an excellent course. Ledgestone to me just OK, it’s nice but not in the class if the other 3.
If you get something set up you will need to act quick in lodging. Summer fills up fast in Branson.
Also you will have to secure large group bookings on your credit card.
Just FYI stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested...

Interested. Any date is fine.

Most of these courses are just 30-45 minutes out for me, so schedule permitting I should be good to play. AFAIK I'm open either weekend. I am already scheduled to play in an event at Ledgestone on July 29th so I'd likely skip that course if it's part of your gathering lineup.

Interested for sure. I hate that I didn’t make the last one.

One other bit of advice I would give is don’t do pairings, just let people play with who they want. Trying to do pairings will drive you crazy haha

Count me in this year. I can also help out with a discounted rate at Rivercut (here in Springfield) as I am a Platinum member and get 25% off tee times. Likewise if we play Ledgestone, I can probably get us a better rate as I own property in Ledgestone (property owners and their guests play for $39).

If the dates work out, I would head down to Branson. I lived in Springfield for a number of years after school and haven’t really been back.

Yes we had this for 2 years and it was 2 amazing weekends.
I do not do it anymore as I am to OCD to plan big gatherings. Also any of my friends know anytime they want to golf down here they are always welcome.

Here is some info for you.
Buffalo Ridge and Ozarks National (Crenshaw Coore) are both must plays. Amazing courses. Branson Hills is a good course although some people hate hole 18, still an excellent course. Ledgestone to me just OK, it’s nice but not in the class if the other 3.
If you get something set up you will need to act quick in lodging. Summer fills up fast in Branson.
Also you will have to secure large group bookings on your credit card.
Just FYI stuff

You did an awesome job of setting it all up my friend!!

You did an awesome job of setting it all up my friend!!

Thank youPhil, those were super fun times. We need to get some golf in together this year

@sposey013168, where did everyone stay in the past? I have a Wyndham ownership and could reserve some rooms, but the layouts are more geared toward families. For instance, the 3BR units sleep 10 people, but with 2 King beds in the first two rooms, 2 fulls in the 3rd, and a queen sleeper sofa, you're really only looking at 5 guys sharing the 3BR. Now, if there are any couples, it could work out, but I'm guessing that'd be few and far between. At $1300, for 4 nights (I'm thinking Fri-Mon nights), that'd be pretty steep for 5 guys to split.

Wondering if anyone else knows some good options for lodging up there.

Count me in this year. I can also help out with a discounted rate at Rivercut (here in Springfield) as I am a Platinum member and get 25% off tee times. Likewise if we play Ledgestone, I can probably get us a better rate as I own property in Ledgestone (property owners and their guests play for $39).

We could play one round at Rivercut. I'm open to about anything. Looks like it's about 45 minutes from Branson. Shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Back