Masters Week Traditions

2012BFT

Reaction score
Handicap
With the 2016 Masters week quickly approaching, do you have any annual traditions for watching or celebrating it?

Over that past 4 years, I wake up early Saturday morning and get a quick 18 in with a group of buddies, then we go back to one of our houses and grill, hangout, watch, and talk about golf all day. Also, during Thursday and Fridays round I always have the Masters.com coverage pulled up on one of my external monitors at the office, and we also book a conference room during lunch to put it up on the projector.

To me, this is the best time of the year and it is really what I look forward to the most. I look forward to hearing about what you guys do!

I usually play that sat with a group I have played with regularly for the last almost 20 years. After the round we watch part if the round in the club house. Other than that don't do anything special

Dont really have a tradition per se. If im home i watch it...if im not so be it

No tradition for me. Usually try to watch a little each day.

The only tradition I have is telling my wife every Sunday morning to have no expectations of me leaving the couch that afternoon. And I usually have a Papa Murphy's pizza toward the end of the Sunday coverage.

Usually just have the coverage pulled up on my tablet at work. This year I'm planning on taking the Thursday and Friday off, playing a round in the morning and watching the coverage the rest of the day.

Other than the popular "round in the am then watch with buddies in the afternoon," I am surprised there aren't any bigger scale traditions!

I take friday off and play early to get home and watch it on Direct TV with all the coverage.

I just watch it. Nothing fancy, just enjoy the beautiful course and the great golf.

I spent 20 years staying up late to watch the Masters. I remember staying up till gone midnight to watch Faldo win his first green jacket with school in the morning. It was fantastic! Now I'm in a different time zone, and the golf starts and finishes early. It just doesn't seem right :(

I spent 20 years staying up late to watch the Masters. I remember staying up till gone midnight to watch Faldo win his first green jacket with school in the morning. It was fantastic! Now I'm in a different time zone, and the golf starts and finishes early. It just doesn't seem right :(

DVR the coverage and replay it overnight? :alien:

I don't do much, I'll watch it if I'm home.

I usually watch it while at work with the few guys here that also enjoy golf. Then watch the rest at home over the weekend. That's about it, nothing out of the norm.

Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat we watch in the lounge after our round/range time

Sunday I am glued to my Lazy Boy till it is over.

Fried chicken and pimento cheese Sunday of the Masters.

That's been my tradition for the last five or so years.

Fried chicken and pimento cheese Sunday of the Masters.

That's been my tradition for the last five or so years.

I love it. Just reading through these is getting me pumped for Masters week.

With the 2016 Masters week quickly approaching, do you have any annual traditions for watching or celebrating it?

Over that past 4 years, I wake up early Saturday morning and get a quick 18 in with a group of buddies, then we go back to one of our houses and grill, hangout, watch, and talk about golf all day. Also, during Thursday and Fridays round I always have the Masters.com coverage pulled up on one of my external monitors at the office, and we also book a conference room during lunch to put it up on the projector.

To me, this is the best time of the year and it is really what I look forward to the most. I look forward to hearing about what you guys do!

I don't have any traditions per se, since I'm usually on vacation at that time with the family. Does sneaking out to the pool bar to watch the Masters every year count ? LOL

Sunday, my fiance and I make some good southern apps and watch the final round telecast.

I play golf on Saturday. Love me The Masters

For me I go kinda overboard with what I do. I have the app synched up on my phone and the whole week before I will be watching highlights. The week of starting Wednesday I am watching the Par three contest on Wednesday, Thirsday and Friday I will tape the rounds and watch them when I get home from work. Saturday is usually a day when I go play golf in the morning with some buddies, then go back to one of our houses to eat drink beer and watch the 3rd round.

Usually try to play golf early in the morning and then go home to watch it.

I usually DVR the par 3 on Wednesday and I'll watch as much as I can over the weekend. I like the idea of having Southern food..not sure why that never occurred to me.

Last year, I was in Las Vegas for the Masters, so only saw drips and drabs in between the drinking, gambling, pool lounging etc.

This year, I'll be in Las Vegas again on Masters weekend. So again, I'll catch a few holes here and there each day.

I love the Masters. Glued to the TV, at least on the weekend anyway.

Masters week is usually my golf trip to Myrtle Beach. Golf all day with drinks, dinner and late afternoon action/highlights from the Masters at the beach house...Sunday leave early morning and make it back home to watch the final round.

New tradition this year as we kick off a ridiculous contest. Albatross Club members will have the opportunity to win an all expenses paid trip to the WGC, vip treatment, etc

Back