Rusty Dave

#staffproto
Reaction score
Handicap
All this talk on launch monitors, spin, smash factor, etc... has got me thinking. Should I have purchased an HMT with my gc2 when I had the opportunity?

The gc2/HMT/FSX package was $11000 CAD for a refurbished unit. I just went with the gc2 as the rest of my sim costs were getting out of control.

Now a refurbished HMT is just over $6200 CAD.

Am I crazy to purchase this? Will I use it enough to warrant the investment or am I better off just sticking with my current setup?

You guys that have a quad or HMT. Do you use the club data a lot?

I’m just not sure there is enough value for me as a regular non fitter joe to warrant this purchase.

I’m not sure I’d use this enough. After I get my numbers dialed in, I think it would just collect dust and that’s an expensive dust collector.

All this talk on launch monitors, spin, smash factor, etc... has got me thinking. Should I have purchased an HMT with my gc2 when I had the opportunity?

The gc2/HMT/FSX package was $11000 CAD for a refurbished unit. I just went with the gc2 as the rest of my sim costs were getting out of control.

Now a refurbished HMT is just over $6200 CAD.

Am I crazy to purchase this? Will I use it enough to warrant the investment or am I better off just sticking with my current setup?

You guys that have a quad or HMT. Do you use the club data a lot?

I’m just not sure there is enough value for me as a regular non fitter joe to warrant this purchase.

I’m not sure I’d use this enough. After I get my numbers dialed in, I think it would just collect dust and that’s an expensive dust collector.

If you are using mainly for sim golf then I say don’t get it. I am using mine for driving range practice and I am actually paying more attention to my club numbers than the ball numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as a curiosity question, wound GC2 with HMT give all same info as quad?

I think so but Molten might be able to add to this.

Just as a curiosity question, wound GC2 with HMT give all same info as quad?

I think so but Molten might be able to add to this.

I think the answer is generally yes. There might be minor differences and improvements in the quad but for the data I think you are referring to, they should largely overlap.

I think the answer is generally yes. There might be minor differences and improvements in the quad but for the data I think you are referring to, they should largely overlap.

Does the HMT added to GC2 allow for putting diagnosis? I was unsure about that.
Other things would be larger hitting area on GCQuad, speed and display as well.

Does the HMT added to GC2 allow for putting diagnosis? I was unsure about that.
Other things would be larger hitting area on GCQuad, speed and display as well.

I believe putting is quad only (I presumed most outside of teaching pros don’t use it but maybe I’m wrong). I think the hitting area, processing, and display are just improvements as technology improves but don’t really detract from the GC2.

Back