Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

30 putts today. This putter is just easy to line up if you get the right line. I like the feel and the weight of it.
If you have not tried one you need to!!!!!
Guy I was playing with today made the comment, " You seem to be a lot more confident in your putting since you put that in play"
I believe it has helped my putting a great deal.

Mens league tonight, one of the guys I was playing with used my putter the last 3 holes we played. He was amazed at the feel and how easy it was to line up. He ended up putting 5 times. I wouldn't be surprised if he has one in the bag next week. :clapp:

Mens league tonight, one of the guys I was playing with used my putter the last 3 holes we played. He was amazed at the feel and how easy it was to line up. He ended up putting 5 times. I wouldn't be surprised if he has one in the bag next week. :clapp:
And that's the biggest thing about these putters. Once someone trys one they usually like it. Its just getting them to try it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I hope the personnel changes at Cleveland don't kill this line. I'd heard hints of a next iteration of the 2135 and hope it still happens.

I hope the personnel changes at Cleveland don't kill this line. I'd heard hints of a next iteration of the 2135 and hope it still happens.

This has got to be one of their best selling putters in quite some time I would venture to guess. It would be silly not to build on this.

still trying to get my putter figured out, but I like it a lot. I feel like my alignment on putts is much better, but I just have to get used to speed control with it. Also thinking about changing out my grip to a superstroke.

still trying to get my putter figured out, but I like it a lot. I feel like my alignment on putts is much better, but I just have to get used to speed control with it. Also thinking about changing out my grip to a superstroke.
Which model did you go with? How do you like the feel of the face - much different than your prior gamer?

Was recently at a Golf Galaxy and was able to try one of these putters for a short period of time. It is very attractive and seems to line up well. I don't know if it was me or the short test period (20 minutes) but I found it really hard to get any feel with it. Anybody else have this issue? I want to like the putter but others I tried at the same store did not exhibit this issue for me.

Which model did you go with? How do you like the feel of the face - much different than your prior gamer?

I went with the 6.5. I rolled it the best out of the 3.
I like how it feels and the thing I have noticed is that it rolls faster then I thought it would. So I have to get used to that. I'm really comfortable with it on mid and lost distance putts for some reason.
I am coming from the works tank cruiser so it's a really different feel. This is my first non odyssey putter since I had a ram zebra.

Was recently at a Golf Galaxy and was able to try one of these putters for a short period of time. It is very attractive and seems to line up well. I don't know if it was me or the short test period (20 minutes) but I found it really hard to get any feel with it. Anybody else have this issue? I want to like the putter but others I tried at the same store did not exhibit this issue for me.
I found that it felt so different from my gamer that a little time with it was helpful just to get used to the new feedback.

Played a round with this today. 36 putts. Really struggling on distance control inside 7 feet for some reason. Lag putting has been good but just a struggle to get the closer distances dialed in.
Made 3 1 putts and had at least another 2 that were on the lip. Just need to keep working with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a round with this today. 36 putts. Really struggling on distance control inside 7 feet for some reason. Lag putting has been good but just a struggle to get the closer distances dialed in.
Made 3 1 putts and had at least another 2 that were on the lip. Just need to keep working with it.

I had trouble dialing in short putts too. It will come to you. Just practice, practice, practice...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I haven't noticed a lack of feel with my 6.5 I'm guessing that you normally game a milled putter? I game milled, milled with a copper/aluminum insert, and occasionally polymer/polymer metal insert putter so the change in feel isn't as pronounced.

It took me about 3 rounds to get comfortable with it. I put in a lot of putting green time before each round and then it just clicked.

Pretty solid day with this thing today. I don't think I've ever had a round like that. Helps when u hole 2 from off the green (1 was with the putter from the back fringe). Think I am starting to get the feel down with it.
17a8e01c3f547f860eea49df092dcb50.jpg

Pretty solid day with this thing today. I don't think I've ever had a round like that. Helps when u hole 2 from off the green (1 was with the putter from the back fringe). Think I am starting to get the feel down with it.
17a8e01c3f547f860eea49df092dcb50.jpg

Off subject.... What app are you using in this pic?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Off subject.... What app are you using in this pic?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

It's the golf logix app.

Some solid rolls with the 6.5 yesterday. 2 birdies and some good 5 footers for pars. Moved to left hand low this round as I continue to search for ways to keep my right hand under control during contact.

When you let this series do the work...it gets close. Don't care where you are...it's good.

Played on a lot faster greens today, but the 1.0 did well today. I had a couple 3 putts but that was from terrible reads. Most of my lags where good, (within 2-3 feet). It just gets the ball rolling smoothly and is easy to line up.

How does this alignment system work when you use a line on the ball? Still see a benefit, or is it better when no line is used?

It has no bearing in my opinion.

How does this alignment system work when you use a line on the ball? Still see a benefit, or is it better when no line is used?
The line on the putter is smaller than I'd like for pairing it with a line on a ball. I've move away from that approach and use intermediate targets or nothing at all.

I actually use both esp. on straight putts. I'll align the line on the ball to the hole and then align the 2135 to the line and make sure it feels good to the eye. Has worked great.

Back