UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - April 2016

It would be special, no doubt!

Would love to get into this even right in my backyard.

Driver – In my Bridgestone J38 is the stock Fujikura Motore F1 65 Stiff, this shaft is tipped so it plays stiffer than most S shafts. I have looked at getting another shaft multiple times but have just pulled the trigger. Would love to see if there was a shaft that would give a more piercing ball flight and a little more distance.

Fairway wood – I currently have the 13*, 15* and 16.5* Taylormade V-steel, in the 15* and 16.5* I have True Temper X100 shafts tipped 1”, I have had multiple different shafts in these woods, but have gone with control over distance with the X100 shafts. Currently, in the 13* I do not even have a shaft, just cannot find anything that I like.

Hybrid – In my Adams hybrid I have the KBS Tour hybrid shaft in X-flex. This hybrid came with the Adila Voodoo 85 originally but never liked the kick in that shaft always left the ball out to the right. The KBS is great from the tee box, but from the fairway the ball comes out a little low and hot so keeping it on the green is difficult.

Irons – In my Bridgestone J33 Combo irons I have the Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 120 Gram. Love these shafts, has great spin control and the dispersion on mishits has been very condensed since using these shafts, previously in these irons I had the True Temper S400.
I also have a set of Ben Hogan Apex that I bring out every once in a while and in those I currently have the Ben Hogan Apex 4 shafts. I have had KBS and X100 in them before as well, but the Apex 4 feels the best. Would love to try recoils or steelfiber.

Wedges – In my 46* and 53* wedges I have the NS Pro WV Wedge 125 Gram. Love this shaft, is very easy to control distance and ball flight. I recently got the Taylormade TP 58*. This came with the KBS Tour wedge shaft. I was very surprised with the feel and for now have left this shaft in the 58*. Once it warms will head to the range and compare the Modus and the KBS to see which direction I go.

Putter – stock shaft, it is black and matches the head and grip on the putter so looks super sleek and since it has the matte black finish I do not get any of those crazy glares in sunny TX. I was fitted to a 34” shaft in a putter 5 or so years ago, would love to get fitted again and see if this is the same. Has felt off the last couple of years.

While the below video is for the event kicking off on Friday, important to see the excitement from UST. If you want a chance at April to have Danny telling you what to bring, make sure that entry is in!

Nice!!!!!

I'd love to be a part of this! Here are the shafts I currently have installed.

Driver - Matrix Ozik 60X4 White Tie
3W - Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 S
HW - Fujikura Speeder 565 Evolution FW S
Hy - Project X SD 6.0
Irons - TT XP 95 S300 with Sensicore
Wedges - TT DG Spinner

Last edited:
Love that video!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 hours or so left to sign up....get on it peeps!!

As excited as I am for this event, I am really pumped to see who will be joining me at UST HQ for 2 days of awesomeness!!!

Someone I already have met? Someone flying in? Need answers ASAP! :act-up:

Custom made shafts for the February crew? Will the April crew be doing this also?? We shall see! :angel:

bf9b0f47ce0d6d84f2457ebf1e3e4726.jpg

Would love to be a part of this, but those date rule me out. Whoever wins will get a great trip, a great education, and a great experience!

Would love to be a part of this, but those date rule me out. Whoever wins will get a great trip, a great education, and a great experience!

Sorry to hear that, 3 more chances after this through July!

Had I not been selected for The Hogan Experience I would have been all over this; just don't see the feasibility of doing both in the same weekend. However, I'll make a strong effort to get into the next UST event...

This would be easy if JB would let me determine who the winner's are!!!! Just saying....

I'd love to make the quick trip down to DFW for this awesomeness!

Driver: Aldila Tour Blue

3W: Matrix Speed Rulz 60
Hybrids: UST Elements Chrome
Irons: Aerotech Steelfiber i95s
Wedges: KBS Custom white wedge flex shafts

All of the above are in stiff flex.

this looks like an awesome experience

I can only imagine how excited Cookie is to have his turn at this event next month. Someone else is going to be damn lucky to join him.

I'm ready to travel, lets go!

After seeing the past events and what went down today my fingers and toes are crossed. UST Mamiya is unreal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think it is only one of us in April.

You're right, my bad. Missed that detail. Either way a great experience for cookie and a lucky THPer!

Great time tonight with everyvody

Back