Scrap's Quest To Quit Smoking

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
I've made mention that I want to quit smoking but haven't done anything about it. At one point I quit for 8 months then went drinking and golfing with an old boss and that was it. I started again.

Last time when I quit I would post in an old quit smoking thread and found it held me accountable so I'm starting a new one in hopes it helps again.

A few things I know, it's not as hard as it sounds but it's terrifying thinking "that was my last cigarette ever." Some triggers for me are driving in the car and coffee. I've had a coffee and smoke first thing in the morning for well over half my life. So that is going to be the hardest hurdle.

My plan of attack, jolly ranchers, gum and will power and I need something to keep my hands busy while drive.

Here goes nothing, time to get this done.

You did it once, you can do it again!

giphy.gif

And you sir could go a month and post only gif's and not miss a beat. hahahaha

Thanks.

I felt it was only appropriate that I include one in my first post :D

Good luck in your quest. I'm hoping to quit myself.

Good luck in your quest. I'm hoping to quit myself.

Thanks, the first 3 days are hell, it's not just the chemical addiction it's also the hand to mouth addiction and needing something for your hands to play around with.

Thanks, the first 3 days are hell, it's not just the chemical addiction it's also the hand to mouth addiction and needing something for your hands to play around with.

Completely agree. Day one is usually ok for me. The last part of day 2 and most of day 3 are pure torture for me.

Been there done that. It's a 100% mental if you really want to quit.

Completely agree. Day one is usually ok for me. The last part of day 2 and most of day 3 are pure torture for me.

Yup, you guys might want to buy stock in Jolly Ranchers, I'm going to be going through a bunch of them.

Just think of all the rounds you could golf from saving on the cost of smokes

Well that didn't take long, already having my first craving. lol. Yup this is going to suck for a bit.

Ren the golf is just 1 of the driving factors in this. When we play Sunday I will not have a single smoke, mark my words on it.

carrots to have something in your hand and chew on can help. Also. Just think about this, when you have that craving, try to get yourself busy doing something else.

Stop setting yourself up for a bad joke. No doubt you can do it, buddy!

Well that didn't take long, already having my first craving. lol. Yup this is going to suck for a bit.

Ren the golf is just 1 of the driving factors in this. When we play Sunday I will not have a single smoke, mark my words on it.

I'll hold you to that :thumb::golf2:

Stop setting yourself up for a bad joke. No doubt you can do it, buddy!

hahahahaha, was wanting you to take the bait. But seriously 20 cigarettes a day how often do you think I'm brining my hand up to my mouth and stuffing it with something. That's why some people get fat when they quit, they don't know how to control that part of the addiction. Funny but true.

Just think of all the rounds you could golf from saving on the cost of smokes

For sure. Smoking is literally more expensive than golfing.

You got it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck!

Best lifestyle change you can make. Best of luck!!!

I quit about 6 years ago and it's not easy but it will change your life. Good luck and the best advice I can give is just always have something to do to keep your mind of wanting a cigarette.

Good luck buddy!

Good Luck in your journey, you won't regret stopping.

I like to joke that on January 1, 2006 I gave up smoking cigars and drinking. The cigars were easy, have never had one in over 10 years, the drinking, that lasted 2 days.

BTW, Winston Churchill smoked over 250,000 cigars during his life, think about the pure math. Assuming he smoked for 60 years that means he averaged 11.4 cigars a day, amazing.

Good for you, man! You got this.

Good luck bud!

Back