Swing Oil Thoughts

Chump Fries

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Handicap
I saw Jason Day promoting a product called Swing Oil. Supposedly it's a good pre-game drink and helps with flexibility. It may be more snake oil than swing oil, but I ordered a sampler pack since I'm very inflexible and thought I'd give it a shot.

Has anyone tried/heard of it?

http://www.swingoil.com/

I saw Jason Day promoting a product called Swing Oil. Supposedly it's a good pre-game drink and helps with flexibility. It may be more snake oil than swing oil, but I ordered a sampler pack since I'm very inflexible and thought I'd give it a shot.

Has anyone tried/heard of it?

Based on the ingredients, its pretty much sugar water with a vitamin in it, right?

Based on the ingredients, its pretty much sugar water with a vitamin in it, right?

Pretty much. I'm typically a Gatorade kinda drinker when I play golf, so it can't be worse than that.

Pretty much. I'm typically a Gatorade kinda drinker when I play golf, so it can't be worse than that.

Yeah looking at those ingredients, if this catches on that company is going to make a mint.
$3 per is crazy talk in my opinion.

I say that having not tried it, but looking at the ingredients list.

I thought swing oil was vodka or moonshine when you are in texas

Yeah looking at those ingredients, if this catches on that company is going to make a mint.
$3 per is crazy talk in my opinion.

I say that having not tried it, but looking at the ingredients list.

Agreed on the price point. Taste will be a big factor too. I think they may end up doing great as a business if they market it well. It's a product (regardless if it works or not) that appeals directly to something a lot of golfer have trouble with. Tack on Jason Day as a promoter and they may end up making a killing in the end. I just happened to notice it on Day's Instagram feed.

It's amazing to me how people make money. Seems expensive for what it is but maybe they invented the wheel all over!!

It's amazing to me how people make money. Seems expensive for what it is but maybe they invented the wheel all over!!

Golf is notoriously good about providing a market for expensive niche products. If there's one sport where players are more than willing to throw cash at just about anything, it's golf.

Swing Oil Thoughts

I thought swing oil was vodka or moonshine when you are in texas
They may make boatloads of money just by the name alone.

I hear "Swing Oil" and I immediately think "alcohol."

i'm no scienceologist, but how in the hell can drinking something make you more limber than you were before you drank it?

i'm no scienceologist, but how in the hell can drinking something make you more limber than you were before you drank it?

#Placebo

If it actually works, I suppose there's a correlation between what makes muscles/joints flexible and the ingredients. Could also just be a bunch of marketing and mind games. For $35 or whatever, I'll just treat it as an energy drink and give it a shot.

Is it time for the "healthy drink" speech for me again? Are where the heck are my shoes?????????

They may make boatloads of money just by the name alone.

I hear "Swing Oil" and I immediately think "alcohol."

Ya, I'm going to pass. I'll just stick with a Monster or something similar and stretch more while watching tv instead.

Back