Lol our discussion ended in a no. Neither of us are wanting to give up the extra's. Some may call it selfish, but we are calling it smart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's smart. I told my wife 2 is perfect. Easier to manage and at 41 I'm not into diaper duty or the sacrifices that come with having another kid in the mix.

Lol our discussion ended in a no. Neither of us are wanting to give up the extra's. Some may call it selfish, but we are calling it smart!

That's not selfish...that's being a responsible adult. Getting pregnant and giving the kid up for adoption because you don't want to give up the extras is selfish. Big difference.

Selfish would be to go with 3 and no give up the extras. Either way to with your heart.

Mr V and I are having a serious #3 discussion right now.

Wife wants #3 as well. I have a bunch of time to dissuade her though. I do think 2 is perfect though. We just got the youngest potty trained and not having diapers anymore is freaking amazing.

I think I need to bring up the extras though cause I don't think she realizes that she won't be going on a bunch of these trips anymore and neither will I. It's not selfish, I just don't want to be lost when my kids grow up like Kevin suggested.

That's why we don't have any, I work a goofy schedule at my full time job which would put my wife working and completely alone with no help. Eliminating her time to go and do while I'm at station. I could give up my part-time/full-time job or she could stay home but that makes little sense given her career and education. So at this point we've decided to be the awesome aunt and uncle.

Wife wants #3 as well. I have a bunch of time to dissuade her though. I do think 2 is perfect though. We just got the youngest potty trained and not having diapers anymore is freaking amazing.

I think I need to bring up the extras though cause I don't think she realizes that she won't be going on a bunch of these trips anymore and neither will I. It's not selfish, I just don't want to be lost when my kids grow up like Kevin suggested.
I'm with ya. The wife originally wanted 3 but we're done at 2. I'm already an older newer dad. 3 would kill me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If you like traveling, the 3rd kid is a game changer. Booking hotels, flights, car rentals, etc....everything is different.

Bravo to all of you thinking about having #3. Wife and I can't figure out if we want #2. Sometimes we think that it would benefit our son to have a sibling, and other times we feel like we're spread so thin between our jobs and our home life that we can't imagine adding another kid into the mix. I've always wanted 2, but I'm not sure it's going to happen anymore.

Bravo to all of you thinking about having #3. Wife and I can't figure out if we want #2. Sometimes we think that it would benefit our son to have a sibling, and other times we feel like we're spread so thin between our jobs and our home life that we can't imagine adding another kid into the mix. I've always wanted 2, but I'm not sure it's going to happen anymore.

The problem with having a second child is that you won't know who did it anymore. haha

You know how you can look back and remember when you thought you were tired or busy before the first kid? The same kind of thing happens after #2. Yes, it's more but somehow it just works out.

Are we over doing the activities for kids these days? I have friends who's lives are, literally, over run by their kids activities. I understand that kids need stimulation. Creative and physical activities are beneficial, but to what end? If you're kid isn't exceptional at an activity, is it worth having them in 3 hour practice sessions 5 times a week? Is it worth sacrificing any hint of a social life for parents? My friends lood at me like I'm a selfish prick when I suggest that perhaps it's a bit much. I'd like all my kids to take up some kind of musical instrument, I'd LOVE for them to take up golf, and maybe some other sports like tennis and soccer. I'd give up my life for my kids, but am I the only one who sees the silliness in parents who exist to just chauffeur ther kids from one freaking activity to another, to another, to another, 7 days a week? Can't kids just taketheir bikes and go get lost, and find their way back? Go to the lake or city pool and swim? Hang out with friends and make imaginary weapons out of rope and tree branches? I don't think a 4 year olds soccer game is a legitimate reason to miss a family function.

Maybe I'm nuts. Maybe I drank too much tonight or maybe I'm just an a$$hole.

I feel the same way. I lost my best friend & his wife when their kids started hockey. Every weekend was a trip out of town. After a couple of years of that, I realized we were never going to be able to fit into their schedule.

One of the problems with kids just going out to play is - no other kids are available to just go out & play. All my kids' friends were involved in scheduled activities so there is no one outside in the neighborhood most of the time. It sucks but that's the way it is these days.

It was the opposite for my wife and I. She wanted 2 (3 actually) and I wanted 1. She won the argument and 16 months later, I can't imagine our 5 year old without his little brother. Having a sibling has taught him so much and watching them both interact with each other is awesome. We are also in the '2 is perfect' group and will not be having a 3rd.

Im with most of these guys in that 2 is the perfect number. I personally don't think just one kid is a good thing, even though I see so many people around here with one. We are set on our 2 and like many others have said its a good thing for both kids because they learn so much from each other, play together etc. I could not imagine adding a 3rd child to the mix at this point or ever for that matter. Life is was too fast paced and rushed with just 2 kids, and to me if you decide on a 3rd it seems like someone will always be the odd ball out. Most of the time it takes both of us to tackle the responsibilities of caring for the kids, not to mention the added costs to having a 3rd. I told my wife Im going to feel like I hit the lottery after were finally done buying formula and diapers. I wish I would have kept track to actually see how much money is spent just on those 2 items over the course of getting to kids to the out of diapers stage, it has to be a small fortune. On a whole another note, one thing that has started to drive me absolutely nuts in my area is the amount of people who think that they are way too busy for children, yet treat their pets and dogs better than they probably would their kids. Having children and watching them grow and interacting with them is way more gratifying then having some pet who you treat like a real person. I couldn't imagine not having my kids, the amount of fun we have, and watching them learn and grow is the best experience in life.

We are going to have 3 or 4 and I can't wait.

I haven't posted in here, but my youngest son who is a high school Senior has taken his oath to join the US Navy post graduation.
He will become a Hospital Corpsman.

Super proud of him!

I haven't posted in here, but my youngest son who is a high school Senior has taken his oath to join the US Navy post graduation.
He will become a Hospital Corpsman.

Super proud of him!

Awesome! I like this kid!

I applaud you bro! Go big or go home.
We are hoping to buy a big 5 br house here in the next couple months when it goes up, big house and big family have always been our dream!! I'm still hoping all girls as well to be honest.

Last edited:
We are hoping to buy a big 5 br house here in the next couple months when it goes up, big house and big family have always been out dream!! I'm still hoping all girls as well to be honest.
That is awesome. I know you have been excited to try and get that house. But beware on all girls, mine are only 5 and 3 and the level of drama and crying and whining is so high right now. Drives me up a wall because they just start crying for no reason. Haha

I see your 2 girls, and raise you 2 boys who do nothing but eat, eat, eat, fight, fight, eat, poop, and fight again....lol

12688368_487021451486984_2081106397683768137_n.jpg

That is awesome. I know you have been excited to try and get that house. But beware on all girls, mine are only 5 and 3 and the level of drama and crying and whining is so high right now. Drives me up a wall because they just start crying for no reason. Haha
I'm ok with it honestly. I'm willing to tolerate that in order to for sure not have to deal with football ever again.

I'm ok with it honestly. I'm willing to tolerate that in order to for sure not have to deal with football ever again.
Haha. I can understand that! I will say that after a few days of just me and the girls most of that goes away.

Plus they are much sweeter than boys are.

I see your 2 girls, and raise you 2 boys who do nothing but eat, eat, eat, fight, fight, eat, poop, and fight again....lol

12688368_487021451486984_2081106397683768137_n.jpg
Oh trust me, my girls do all of that as well. Haha. It's always the oldest bossing the youngest and taking things for her. The youngest is now fighting back....

Parenting Thread

Lol...I'm not gonna lie, I get a little satisfaction when the little one stands up for himself...then it's shortlived because that usually means he's chasing the big one with a golf club.

So this happened yesterday. Had to do something for the little man after he tried to swing my 6 iron in the living room, so Snoopy golf clubs were the answer.

8c23501acec5501f55fa4091d2cf85bd.jpg

Back