The Car Shopping Thread

Congrats. If that is the Fusion, my MKZ is built on the platform and its fantastic.

I personally think life is over if you have to buy a minivan and even I would roll in one of these. They drive like a car and with the awd you can get anywhere.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Right now I'm kinda looking hard at the Arcadia/Enclave/Traverse. My T&C has 33 ft of cargo space/ while those the three I listed have 24ft. So I don't think 9ft is going to be that much, as I think some of that has to be because of the height in the van. The suburban was obviously massive with 39ft. But finding a nice one of those under $50k is quite the challenge. I'm not getting anything until thanksgiving time anyways so I have time. But it's becoming quite the chore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. If that is the Fusion, my MKZ is built on the platform and its fantastic.

Thanks and ya it's the 2016 Fusion SE

Thanks and ya it's the 2016 Fusion SE

I assume it has some similar features like remote start and no gas cap. A couple of little things I'm not sure I want to ever be without again.

I assume it has some similar features like remote start and no gas cap. A couple of little things I'm not sure I want to ever be without again.

It does. The gas cap thing isn't a huge deal for me. At 36 mpg highway I should be using it like 3 times a month haha I drive 75 miles round trip to work and back and 74 of those miles are highway.

It does. The gas cap thing isn't a huge deal for me. At 36 mpg highway I should be using it like 3 times a month haha I drive 75 miles round trip to work and back and 74 of those miles are highway.

I get a bit less than that in my MKZ but the reason I love it is less chance of getting dirty. Shocking I know.

Do it before April 4th and take advantage of the employee/retiree credit.

nice i will let them know about it. I am not sure they know about it.

Nice ride PhillyV! I get slightly better gas mileage in my focuse, but we are in the same situation. 80 miles round trip, all highway with no traffic.

We have a 14 Fusion SE and a 15 Fusion Titanium and love them. Best looking car in a long time that is realistically affordable. Like it better than our old Escapes - more storage space even compared to the small SUV. Fusion trunks are ginormous.

We only get around 23-24 mpg in the titanium but it's mostly city driving. The SE is the smaller Ecoboost and I've pushed it over 40 mpg on some trips around town where I didn't hit red lights or have many stops.

Right now I'm kinda looking hard at the Arcadia/Enclave/Traverse. My T&C has 33 ft of cargo space/ while those the three I listed have 24ft. So I don't think 9ft is going to be that much, as I think some of that has to be because of the height in the van. The suburban was obviously massive with 39ft. But finding a nice one of those under $50k is quite the challenge. I'm not getting anything until thanksgiving time anyways so I have time. But it's becoming quite the chore.

Literally the worst vehicle ever made stay far far away. They have so many problems is disgusting .

Ford just gets it when it comes to things I want in a car. Looks, technology and really affordability. My wife's grandfather is a Ford retiree so I was able to get the A plan from him and save a real good chunk of change which was a big part of how it was possible for me to get the deal done. I'm so happy with my purchase and this is the first brand new car I've ever purchased
92a64fb37220aa51073fed8b8ad98553.jpg

I fell in love with the looks of the front end back in 2013 when they released that body style

Nice ride Phil! Looks good.

Literally the worst vehicle ever made stay far far away. They have so many problems is disgusting .

The Arcadia? I see so many of them driving around.

The Arcadia? I see so many of them driving around.

Do some research.

Transmission issues. Power steering issues. VVT issues. Water intrusion. Drive line issues.

I'm not exaggerating when I say it's the worst vehicle made in the last 20-30 years.

Do some research.

Transmission issues. Power steering issues. VVT issues. Water intrusion. Drive line issues.

I'm not exaggerating when I say it's the worst vehicle made in the last 20-30 years.

Worse then the Pontiac Aztec?

So the wife has her heart set on a new Honda HRV with AWD. While not against it, will be a dramatic change for her having never had a car payment, putting $16k down, and then still financing at 5 years $300/month.

Anyone heard anything about the HRV's? I can't find much on them. Drove another fit today, and she says she just doesn't feel comfortable driving them now after rolling hers.

So the wife has her heart set on a new Honda HRV with AWD. While not against it, will be a dramatic change for her having never had a car payment, putting $16k down, and then still financing at 5 years $300/month.

Anyone heard anything about the HRV's? I can't find much on them. Drove another fit today, and she says she just doesn't feel comfortable driving them now after rolling hers.
Jesus what are they charging you for this thing.

Most expensive I've seen an HRV is like 27K

That's a massive payment for 11k financed.

3.99% financing up here. (We would be putting down about 12-13k to keep payments at $300/month over 5 years.

$31,583.81 total after taxes

3.99% financing up here. (We would be putting down about 12-13k to keep payments at $300/month over 5 years.

$31,583.81 total after taxes
Hmmmm even at 3.99% I'm still showing about 200$ a month.

Maybe amortization loans work differently up there or something but something seems awfully skewed in your numbers.

Back