Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE
Bob Vokey Introduces SM7 Wedges in New Slate Blue Finish
Unique, High Durability Finish Available on all Vokey SM7 Models

i-q7Q8ntv-L.jpg

FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Jan. 21, 2019) – The best performing wedges in the game – Vokey SM7 – are now available in a stunning Slate Blue finish.

For years, Master Craftsman Bob Vokey has stressed the importance of players having confidence in their wedge at address – “A player has to love their wedge when they look down at it” – and finish plays a key role.
The finish on Vokey SM7 Slate Blue wedges, available in golf shops and through Vokey.com beginning Jan. 31, is applied like a PVD finish but with a unique material and more time intensive process that in combination provide a deep, rich slate blue color that is extremely durable.

“Very often wedge finishes can be beautiful, but they won’t last,” Vokey said. “At the same time, the most durable finishes often aren’t stunning. Slate Blue combines the two. Not only will golfers love their wedge when they see it in the shop, the finish will last through the course of normal play.”

Consistent with all Vokey SM7 finishes, Slate Blue is available in all 23 loft, bounce, and grind options (both RH and LH), while supplies last. This exemplifies the Vokey Design commitment to fitting. Finding the proper loft gapping, bounce and grind are critical to execute all of the necessary wedge shots. For help determining the right loft, bounce and grind, golfers can use the Wedge Selector tool on Vokey.com: https://www.vokey.com/tools/wedge-selector- tool.aspx

Vokey SM7 models are also available in Tour Chrome, Brushed Steel and Jet Black finishes.

i-LpKxFVN-XL.jpg

AVAILABILITY: Vokey SM7 Slate Blue wedges will be available in golf shops beginning Thursday, Jan. 31 (MAP $199). They will also be available for customization and purchase on Vokey.com. The stock setup features a Nippon Modus3 125 shaft and custom BV Wings New Decade Multi Compound Black Grip. Most custom shafts and grips are included at no up charge. Additional customizations such as character stamping are available for an additional fee.

ON THE WEB: www.vokey.com

I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the look of these. Such a cool finish.

I just go Vokeys last year, but would like to have one of these slate blue finishes!!!!!

That, it maybe the most beautiful blue finish on a wedge I have ever seen. Wow.

Beautiful finish

That’s a well done finish, I dig the blue a lot.

I have a couple of the indigo blue SM5’s they had a few years ago that I still use...maybe it’s time to upgrade those to some slate blue.

Yeap, these look fantastic. Nice to hear Titleist took extra steps to ensure these would last a little longer.

That's a sharp looking finish.

Wow. Those look really good. REALLY good

That's a pretty sick finish, would look awesome with standing and paint fill too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I love the finish but I can’t see myself buying for that reason alone.

Ughhhhhh I hate that I agree.

SOOOOOO PRETTY DAN!

I think you should volunteer as finish peeler offer quality control testing guy.

I do wish they were a little more blue. The old indigo they used to have on special releases was awesome, and yes I bought them simply because of that. This new slate I can see as appealing more to a larger audience though.

I have thoroughly enjoyed how these have worn over the years too

c99d7c0cecaaeb8947e6a1f424274d8b.jpg

Photos don't do it justice. Beautiful finish.

Will be interesting to see the sand wedge after 6 months in the bunker.

Those look really nice. Fan of the color!

That finish is great, I do wonder what constitutes high durability

Very nice, I wonder how much of the mix actually go for this finish? Also, as mentioned, wonder how the face durability will be over time.

Beautiful look. I wonder if they will have shafts in matching color.

SOOOOOO PRETTY DAN!

I think you should volunteer as finish peeler offer quality control testing guy.

Too bad Bud Light no longer has the "Real American Heroes" ad campaign. "Today, we salute you . . . "

I have 3 of these in brushed steel and they are holding up well, I would think this finish should hold up just as well. I remember Canada having issues, so there is always that possibility also.

Those are pure sex. But I am still in love with my RTX 3&4s in black.

Back