Shot that you overthink

greggdrews

Reaction score
Handicap
6 putts
Is there one shot you tend to always overthink during a round? For me its when the ball is below my feet. I start questioning my grip, posture, foot position, just everything about my setup. The ball could be 1" below and my mind goes crazy over it.

Downhill lie. Just can't figure that one out in my head.

Close second is any shot that needs (or it would be better) to move left to right.

Short putts!!!!

Ball below my feet without question!

Is there one shot you tend to always overthink during a round? For me its when the ball is below my feet. I start questioning my grip, posture, foot position, just everything about my setup. The ball could be 1" below and my mind goes crazy over it.

Pitch shots in the 30-50 yard range. I've gotten better about just grabbing a club I'm comfortable with and getting it on but there are still times I'll run through several different approaches in my head, wind up choosing the wrong one, and compounding that error by failing to execute it properly.

Any shot with a wedge in my hand.

I'm either going to hit it extremely heavy and short... thin and 40 yards over the green... hit it off the hosel of the club at a 45 degree angle... or I'm going to stick it to within 2 feet.

I tell my self NOT to do something, and I end up doing it anyway... so I start thinking about it while I'm standing over the shot, and I inevitably choke.

50 yard shot with no trouble in front. Too many options and I usually get stuck between 2 or 3 shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hitting over water for some reason water is a magnet for my Callaways.

Any shot that requires me to move it right to left. Sometimes I stand over the ball so long my buddy will say "dude, are you waiting for the ball to hit itself?!?!?"

90-100 yards out. For some reason I struggle so badly with these and often end up chunking it 50 yards, usually into a pond.

Shots where I have to wait for people in front of me. I've been forcing myself in those situations to not even grab a club until it's time to swing.

Overthink? Probably not many, but anytime I'm in between clubs will make me think longer. So probably a shot with a forced carry and it's in between clubs is my answer.

I don't think I over think one more than the other, usually. However, I don't come across the ball below my feet to often, so I have to rethink my approach with that shot more than others.

The only one that comes to mind is on par 5's to go for the green in 2 or layup. i always second guess myself.

Tee shots with a Driver in my hand, but I'm working on it. Should be a strength this year, hopefully

Longer irons, hybrids and FW shots. I always second guess myself when it comes to these shots with these clubs

Hitting over water for some reason water is a magnet for my Callaways.

Club or ball?

When I'm trying to cut a ball, I always overthink and just need to do it or play my normal draw

Definitely the short putts.

Back