Rickie to Taylormade ball and glove

mielke101

Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw Rickie is changing to the Taylormade 5x ball and wearing their glove as well. Kinda big shock to see changing away from Titliest ball.

Is this change foreshadowing a move to Taylormade equipment deal?

heard about this recently. pros are really loving that tp5 ball.

I would doubt it, I think Cobra would do almost anything to keep him on board.

Eeeeeeeek. I hope for Cobra it stops here, I believe his contract is up at the end of the year?

SERIOUSLY. Some rave comments about it, and data, so far.

I like it! The TP5 is a great ball, just hope thats where it ends for Rickie.

I want to be like rickie - bring on that new TP5.

He had Titleist ball and glove before. I could be wrong, but I'm sure Cobra will do anything to keep him. Just seems like a change in that department.

He had Titleist ball and glove before. I could be wrong, but I'm sure Cobra will do anything to keep him. Just seems like a change in that department.

I hope so. I love cobra and would hate to see him leave as I think they would take a bit hit.

This was as a worse kept secret than rose to Honma.

As someone who favors titleist especially the ball I hate to see this from a brand perspective. Rickie is extremely marketable and Tm using him as the first ball/glove contract will be huge. So much they can do to market against titleist but also Callaway as hey start their journey to bring a ball company as much as a club company.

While I don’t think titleist will lose the #1 spot in the market since the % is around a 30 point difference between Callaway and titleist for the #1 spot based on numbers I saw from the fall. Both titleist and Callaway had lost a percentage point each and Bridgestone and Tm picked up a little.

I think something like this will start them on a track to take over #2

The only thing I could say is Taylormade is owned by VC and they will likely sell it in3-5 years. They could offer Rickie and equity heavy deal, that other athletes have done and cashed in big time.

I do not believe that Puma/Cobra will let Fowler go but anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge potential here for TM.

Huge potential here for TM.

Yep, for sure.

I would like to know what jump he saw, because Rahm's data from last version to this one was eye popping.

The only thing I could say is Taylormade is owned by VC and they will likely sell it in3-5 years. They could offer Rickie and equity heavy deal, that other athletes have done and cashed in big time.

I do not believe that Puma/Cobra will let Fowler go but anything is possible.

Agreed.

I just look at it as a non Cobra/Puma contract spot that was filled by another non Cobra/Puma contract.

The article I read, he said NO. Happy with his irons just wanted to try the ball. Did some testing in the off season and is happy with performance.

Pretty big move.

I think it’s a fantastic golf ball, maybe the whole idea of it being 5 pieces but whatever it is, I enjoy it from tee to green.

Nice coup by TaylorMade.

Those TP5’s are a hell of a ball. I’ve loved them when I have played them previously.

Now how crazy would it be for TM if he broke through at a major this year too.

Kinda cool. I love the TP5x. It's cool to see it gaining more fans on tour.

Those TP5’s are a hell of a ball. I’ve loved them when I have played them previously.

Now how crazy would it be for TM if he broke through at a major this year too.

The new version of the TP5/TP5x are talked about with being a significant jump from the last one so many of us played.

The new version of the TP5/TP5x are talked about with being a significant jump from the last one so many of us played.

Which is crazy with how good it already was. I’ll be trying them this year at some point for sure

Which is crazy with how good it already was. I’ll be trying them this year at some point for sure

Samesies!

Bumped that 2019 release thread for those who haven't seen it!

Interesting to see him move away, but I think his Cobra/Puma contract should be safe

Nice signing for TM!

Its an underrated ball for sure. My limited time with it was met with positive results and held up in all phases of my game. With Callaway and Titleist fighting out the ball wars at the top, TM has a chance to sneak in and grab some market share if they tell the story.

Its an underrated ball for sure. My limited time with it was met with positive results and held up in all phases of my game. With Callaway and Titleist fighting out the ball wars at the top, TM has a chance to sneak in and grab some market share if they tell the story.

tm "sneaking in" is an interesting way to view it. when you look at the guys playing this ball, and compare it to the guys playing other oem balls, i wonder what else it takes to actually gain any market share. of arguably the most recognizable golfers on the planet, i can't think of many who play a pro v.

Back