What aspect of the Golf Industry would you want to work in?

Harvmp28

Reaction score
Handicap
If you had the opportunity to get a job in any aspect of the golf industry, What would it be? And Why?

Marketing
R&D
Accessory Tech(GPS, Rangefinders, etc.)
Media
Clothing and Shoes
Local Pro
Head Greenskeeper/Course Superintendent
Other?

I think I would have enjoyed proper schooling on Turf/Course Management. I won't be looking at a career change but of all the things in golf I would want to be a Course Superintendent. I enjoy some many aspects of the game and the courses we play and obviously respect the care and responsibility it takes to maintain them that way. Ideally I think it would be very enjoyable to be able to play golf on a course you are proud to be a part of its existence and current status. Interested to see where people think they would've happiest inside the ropes of this crazy game we all love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done the Pro side, and the Course Assistant Superintendent parts, and those were great and I learned a lot....but....

Marketing....seeing the ZooCrew in action, I'd love to do that.

None.

I love the game too much.

I'm going with R&D because it's an absolute complete departure from what I'm currently trained to do; and I think I missed the boat on my love of physics when choosing a college major/career.

Marketing for sure, the creativity and landscape is so wide open, anything goes!!!

My wife is manager of a golf course and I (besides selling insurance) am the Tournament Director as well as working the pro shop. I wouldn't want to do more. I don't play enough as it is!

Course design.

Clothing and shoes

R&D, I have the mind of an engineer and design one off parts for mustangs and would love to work deep in bowels of Callaway or Cleveland and just tinker all day long. I would be in heaven

accounting and finance. more specifically cost analysis throughout the r&d process.

What aspect of the Golf Industry would you want to work in?

I wouldn't want to work in the industry with the shape it's in, plus, most say if you're in the industry you don't play much golf, but I would love a job where I can take customers golfing. There's no way I'd get into the industry... UNLESS, I was a pro on tour!!!!!!!

I would love to be in a network/systems admin role for one of the OEM's. If I had the training I think club design would be fun, but that's as much as I'd really want to work in the industry.

Club designer, golf course designer, and any work that "requires" me to be playing 18 on the golf course. It's gonna be a tough job. :)

Maybe the marketing side if it didn't impact my ability to play as much golf as possible.

I'm currently pursuing a bachelor's in marketing with a strong eye towards working in the golf industry after I retire from the Army. The #ZooCrew and #Chad really got me turned onto the idea.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind bending my first career (I repair electronics and computers for the Army) into a tech support or web support for a golf company.

And if all else fails, I'll work a lawnmower for a military post golf course. I'm already used to early mornings, and the idea of a job where I get my instructions one time at 4 am, and if I do them right, no one talks to me until noon, sounds awesome for a retired NCO.

But yes, I would like to work in the golf industry somewhere after I retire from the Army.

Club builder, custom fitter. All day every day, that's my passion. Probably a little short game coaching on the side, would love to run a kids short game camp, get them rocking the ball from 50 yards in at an early age.

I have the perfect job in golf. I get to talk golf, meet and discuss equipment with the source and play in events with some awesome people. Oh, and I have Spam-o-Matic powers.

And if all else fails, I'll work a lawnmower for a military post golf course. I'm already used to early mornings, and the idea of a job where I get my instructions one time at 4 am, and if I do them right, no one talks to me until noon, sounds awesome for a retired NCO.

But yes, I would like to work in the golf industry somewhere after I retire from the Army.

Falcon Dunes at Luke. Then I can play all the time.

Marshal or starter in the next few yeas is the extent of it for me.

I think it would be cool to be a Master Fitter for a major OEM. I'd have a whole bunch to learn but I think I'd enjoy it and be good at it once trained.

None, I get to play golf and live golf as it is now. I wouldn't want to ruin that.

Because I am nearing retirement, this it a rather relevant question for me. I would love to spend my retirement years working in the pro shop of a nice golf facility.

R&D. I don't have an engineering degree but my whole career revolves about solving problems and creating solutions so I think it's the one place I'd fit best.

Back