'Fit for Perfection' NIKE '16 Spring/Summer apparel & footwear

Really like that shirt Freddie

Great coverage, FK!! Thanks for the photos and for answering all of our questions!
I like the shirts and shoes. Need to see the warm weather leggings before it gets too hot here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great coverage, FK!! Thanks for the photos and for answering all of our questions!
I like the shirts and shoes. Need to see the warm weather leggings before it gets too hot here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok the tights are interesting and I'll try the layered look but it will take some getting used to.

Eh. Not a fan at all of those shoes, but I'll never wear something that covers my ankles. Also not sold on the no collar type thing. I like collared shirts. Big fan of the athletic fabric they come in now, and love more athletic shirts but these aren't a good thing for me.

I do however like the idea of the shorts/pants. Would have to check those out.

While I appreciate a company trying something different, I just can't get on board with this new line. The collars and shoes just leave me with no interest at all. I will say though, if they go with a more athletic fit and shorter sleeves in their regular polos with the standard collar I could see having more Nike apparel in the closet.

Thank you Freddie for the updates!

Ok the tights are interesting and I'll try the layered look but it will take some getting used to.

I'll do it for the gym or as a base layer under pants but never have I done the look your rocking. And it doesn't look horrible but I think the heat gear is the way to go.

Well since your providing feedback. Do the tights have a pouch or are the twig and berries locked up and kind of uncomfortable where you need to keep adjusting yourself? Hey someone had to ask.

Last edited:
I'm wow those blue shoes and the new golf gloves have my attention.

I thought they did well in apparel? Based on what I see around my course, it could have fooled me.

For me, I just don't remember the last Nike golf article of clothing I've worn or touched that actually impressed me. Feels bulky, feels crunchy, feels like it could double as a swim suit. Etc.

I don't think going hipster is going to resolve any golf clothing woes they currently may be facing.

They do. VERY well.
FWIW, I tend to agree with you. Removing my own taste, because its not relevant to this. Without changes they do need major splashes and since its clear it wont happen in hard goods, this could be a brilliant move in a limited fashion. Example, remember those stupid mock turtle necks and faux collars that TW wore and then half the golfers on the planet went out and bought?

This could be that splash. FWIW, I dont think the shoes do well long term, because golfers as a whole are not going to except that. While they are the style right now (off the course), they wont dominate the style on the course. But they can sell some of them, that's for sure.

They also wont completely stray from their regular look of apparel. Too profitable.

These shirts are freak'n amazing. I love the collar and feel. These will be great on the course and then after with a light sports coat

Cant wait to see you rocking those high tops in shorts in FL. :D

Last edited:
THP was invited out to LA to preview the 2016 spring/summer apparel and footwear lines. We have been invited to listen to the expert and designers talk about their ideas around the new designs. We will also listen to 5 of the Nike golf athletes (Brooks K., Tony F., Jamie L., Patrick R. and Scott P.)

The athletes will have a round table about the new gear and how it works with their games. And how they see it working for our games. This event is designed to give us an up-close window into the world of Nike golf apparel.

I should also have a 1:1 with Brooks and Tony. I have a few questions but I'd like to hear what you guys might want to hear about. I'm not promising I'll use the questions but I may. So please share what you may want to know about Nike clothing or shoes. From either the experts or the pros. I'll start live posting in this thread at 730 EST. Follow along of you'd like.

bb74642313ab86ff0fff1b0207e1d605.jpg

053bd14214300164998d81236ef7d71f.jpg
That's an awesome opportunity! Have a great time!

Great coverage FK, the line looks great on you.

Love the shoes and that collar actually isn't as bad as I originally thought

Thanks for bringing it to us.

Got caught up on the event this morning. Thanks for the great coverage, Freddie.

Lot of interesting new stuff - some I like, some I don't. Happy to see them extending the Free line past the FI Impact and TW shoes.

Not shocked to hear how comfy the shoes are. I'll only run in Flyknit based shoes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm just catching up on this but there are a lot of items in this thread I really like. I was skeptical about the new collar but seeing it now, I'm completely on board. It's a cool departure from the norm. I really like the pants and shorts and the cardigan from earlier in the thread is so awesome. I really want that!

The polos are probably as far as I can go. Everything else is really doesn't work for me. Maybe cause I'm a bit older, or I'm working my way back to a more conservative look subconsciously I don't know.

But I do know I better get rid of all mock turtlenecks I have. Hahaha

The polos are probably as far as I can go. Everything else is really doesn't work for me. Maybe cause I'm a bit older, or I'm working my way back to a more conservative look subconsciously I don't know.

But I do know I better get rid of all mock turtlenecks I have. Hahaha

If you don't Scott Pickney and Jamie Lovemark will bag on you.

Really really great job Panda, you absolutely killed it with the coverage!

Bit surprised that so many liked those shoes as much as they did...the new dynamic woven pant looks really really good though. Love seeing a true athletic cut that thinks about the golfer rather than just tech materials.

Really really great job Panda, you absolutely killed it with the coverage!

Bit surprised that so many liked those shoes as much as they did...the new dynamic woven pant looks really really good though. Love seeing a true athletic cut that thinks about the golfer rather than just tech materials.

The two shirts I have are super comfortable and drape well. The material allows for snugness with out feeling painted on.

The two shirts I have are super comfortable and drape well. The material allows for snugness with out feeling painted on.

I'm digging the new collar. And FWIW, the shoes look much better on you than they did by themselves in just photos. It's a cool look for sure, long term success I dunno but it looks cool.

I'm digging the new collar. And FWIW, the shoes look much better on you than they did by themselves in just photos. It's a cool look for sure, long term success I dunno but it looks cool.

I have a feeling fall/winter will have some patterns and colors. This is the way they are headed and their athletes like it.

Man those shirts are looking good & I'll own a couple. The shoes are growing on me and my only concern is the traction/grip on the course.

As far as the line as a whole I'm a fan. Nike has gone towards the athletic cut for the last few years and the traditional "boxy" shirts are far and few between. Their golf pants I own are not baggy and fit well. If this line is an evolution of those offerings they will sell a ton and good for them to push the envelope and get more people into the game that's good IMO.

Great work Freddie, thanks for bringing that coverage to us like only you could bro! I'm impressed with the Nike stuff, as always. I'll be curious to see if some of the looks and trends catch on or now. Nike is always a leader in all things they do, so I wouldn't expect anything but success out of this line as well. The shoes.....yeah I'm not sure yet, I need to see them more and in person before I go too crazy over them. They sound comfy though, that's the most important thing right? :wink:

Just a thought... If they brought out that shoes material in a regular ankle length shoe with a less pronounced sole I would be all over them!!!

Back