2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the starting strength one that was posted a few days ago. My form is good. I have 1 broken collar bone and 1 collar bone that buckled neither one of them healed properly forced me out of hockey at an awful time and I have had the pain in some movements since I was 17. When I wasn't working it out someday grabbing something from the top shelf would send a sharp pain in my shoulder.

I'm also not interested in having them re broken and hope they heal correctly this time.
In that case, be healthy and happy. Do the lateral raises.

In that case, be healthy and happy. Do the lateral raises.

Thank you sir. I'll try doing it with less weight and incorporate something between sets and see how that goes. Deadlifts are on the menu for tomorrow.

Is the rest of the nights workout Blu approved?

Is the rest of the nights workout Blu approved?
I would move the arc to the end, shoulder press first and go heavier, only do three sets, and get rid of the closer. More reps on the cable rows. Mix in heavy shrugs or farmers walks to close.

But that's just me.

I would move the arc to the end, shoulder press first and go heavier, only do three sets, and get rid of the closer. More reps on the cable rows. Mix in heavy shrugs or farmers walks to close.

But that's just me.

Farmers walk and shrugs were Saturday. I'll test out the rest. Again I don't have a program I just do what my body is asking to workout that day.

Last night was squats and presses to a heavy set of five reps then two drop sets. Deadlifts to five reps.

i was able to get through my 5x5 again yesterday after bailing on it last wednesday, and taking a "maintenance day" on friday to foam roll, stretch, and recoup the mental aspect.

went 5x5 for 280 squats, 95 OHP and 340 deadlift.

I know Blu you told me to deload a bit, but i was just feelin good and had some friends in the gym to help motivate. I did alot of warmup reps at low weight and was really focused on getting that proper knee placement/lock, and the hips back more to get full depth, and hip drive on the way up. I wasn't able to get a video this time, but my friends watched a couple sets and said it looked pretty good to them. I was also able to get my arms in a somewhat more tolerable position with regards to my tight shoulder capsule, minimal stretching pain there, and no wrist or elbow soreness anymore now :).

i was able to get through my 5x5 again yesterday after bailing on it last wednesday, and taking a "maintenance day" on friday to foam roll, stretch, and recoup the mental aspect.

went 5x5 for 280 squats, 95 OHP and 340 deadlift.

I know Blu you told me to deload a bit, but i was just feelin good and had some friends in the gym to help motivate. I did alot of warmup reps at low weight and was really focused on getting that proper knee placement/lock, and the hips back more to get full depth, and hip drive on the way up. I wasn't able to get a video this time, but my friends watched a couple sets and said it looked pretty good to them. I was also able to get my arms in a somewhat more tolerable position with regards to my tight shoulder capsule, minimal stretching pain there, and no wrist or elbow soreness anymore now :).
A 280 5x5 is no joke. Good work.

Wow, today was a great leg day w/ abs superset in there.

3x8 is tough.

Back squat @75% of max (205 lbs)

Calf raises, front squats, weighted alternating lunge, Landmine OB Twist, hanging knee raises, planks, and low to high wood chops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, today was a great leg day w/ abs superset in there.

3x8 is tough.

Back squat @75% of max (205 lbs)

Calf raises, front squats, weighted alternating lunge, Landmine OB Twist, hanging knee raises, planks, and low to high wood chops.

I thought about adding in some hanging leg raises. I do planks and rollouts and those are hard enough haha

I thought about adding in some hanging leg raises. I do planks and rollouts and those are hard enough haha

They are good, especially when using them as a superset. I will say Landmine OB twist are great, those are my favorite and I definitely see a difference since I've put those in. Also push up to elbow tap planks are also great, hard but great.

They are good, especially when using them as a superset. I will say Landmine OB twist are great, those are my favorite and I definitely see a difference since I've put those in. Also push up to elbow tap planks are also great, hard but great.

I not familiar with the landmines, I'll look them up. Work ended early so I'm just starting my routine now.

Only 700 would impress you.

Lol but I agree I don't think weights are hurting anyone. Including Tiger
Nah. As a display of strength from a professional athlete, it's not that impressive. I am impressed he's actually squatting. Granted, I think his form is less than ideal, but he's under a bar.
Isn't he like 150 lbs?

162 is what he's listed at.

Nah. As a display of strength from a professional athlete, it's not that impressive. I am impressed he's actually squatting. Granted, I think his form is less than ideal, but he's under a bar.

162 is what he's listed at.
That's almost 2x his bw and it's still not good enough lol he's not a powerlifter he's a golfer.

That's almost 2x his bw and it's still not good enough lol he's not a powerlifter he's a golfer.
I see how this is going to go. It's not an impressive display of strength. Despite his body weight. It is nice to see a professional golfer squatting and acknowledging the benefits of getting stronger.

I see how this is going to go. It's not an impressive display of strength. Despite his body weight. It is nice to see a professional golfer squatting and acknowledging the benefits of getting stronger.
Looks like I'll bow out then. Nothing but world records impress you.

Looks like I'll bow out then. Nothing but world records impress you.
Nope. A lot of sub world records impress me. I don't get impressed when professional athletes squat 310lb.

I think it's pretty impressive.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nope. A lot of sub world records impress me. I don't get impressed when professional athletes squat 310lb.

Am I adding the plates wrong? I'm only seeing 275 on his bar?

Am I adding the plates wrong? I'm only seeing 275 on his bar?
Oh shoot. I added the bar twice. 110 in reds. 66 is yellows. 44 in greens. And 45 for the bar. 265.

Leg Day

Leg Day

Pulled 455 last night. My goal by March 1 was 1200 lbs between squat, bench and dead. I am at 1195 right now. Pretty sure I can find 5 more lbs in the next 12 days.

12715994_10153316796725334_1385102673687238954_o.jpg

Pulled 455 last night. My goal by March 1 was 1200 lbs between squat, bench and dead. I am at 1195 right now. Pretty sure I can find 5 more lbs in the next 12 days.

12715994_10153316796725334_1385102673687238954_o.jpg
In 12 days. No doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back