'Fit for Perfection' NIKE '16 Spring/Summer apparel & footwear

Gotta say, Nike has finally totally lost me.

Seems quite similar to what Puma is doing, honestly.

I disagree. Seems to be a lot of what RF is doing, not Puma as a whole.

But I know I'll be in the minority here and be told to be nice.

Meh. The only stuff I'm digging from their new line are the shoes.

This won't be for everyone and I think they know that. I know you just need some pockets :D

That is it for the event. I'll have my final thoughts tomorrow. Thanks for following along and I hope you all enjoyed it.

I'd argue that the majority of people see Puma = Rickie and nothing else, so it doesn't matter what Puma does outside of what Fowler wears. People on here know different, but we're the minority.

Seems like Nike is deliberately going non-traditional in their apparel direction, along with their marketing as a whole. I actually like that approach, because trying to be a traditional golf company hasn't worked well for them, outside of apparel. Why not go in a different direction and try to capture more of the younger market that wants to wear stuff that would fit on and off the course?

I'd argue that the majority of people see Puma = Rickie and nothing else, so it doesn't matter what Puma does outside of what Fowler wears. People on here know different, but we're the minority.

Seems like Nike is deliberately going non-traditional in their apparel direction, along with their marketing as a whole. I actually like that approach, because trying to be a traditional golf company hasn't worked well for them, outside of apparel. Why not go in a different direction and try to capture more of the younger market that wants to wear stuff that would fit on and off the course?

Didn't say they shouldn't do something different, I said I didn't like what I'm seeing.

That is it for the event. I'll have my final thoughts tomorrow. Thanks for following along and I hope you all enjoyed it.

Great job.

I might have joined the party a little late but I'm glad you answered my questions as quick as you did. Sounds like the new staff pro's are a bunch of good guys who want to help change the game. I love that Nike is trying to be bold.

Great job.

I might have joined the party a little late but I'm glad you answered my questions as quick as you did. Sounds like the new staff pro's are a bunch of good guys who want to help change the game. I love that Nike is trying to be bold.

Sal called them the big disrupter, I thought that was perfect.

Awesome coverage Kongatron!

I thought they did well in apparel? Based on what I see around my course, it could have fooled me.

For me, I just don't remember the last Nike golf article of clothing I've worn or touched that actually impressed me. Feels bulky, feels crunchy, feels like it could double as a swim suit. Etc.

I don't think going hipster is going to resolve any golf clothing woes they currently may be facing.

Options are good and this line is just another option for people who can't deal with the traditional look of golf.

I like a ton of it to be honest. But I also can't stand a lot of the traditional crap that companies put out. If it takes Nike to buck that trend, I'm all for it.

Great job Freddie! Fun follow for sure

I thought they did well in apparel? Based on what I see around my course, it could have fooled me.

For me, I just don't remember the last Nike golf article of clothing I've worn or touched that actually impressed me. Feels bulky, feels crunchy, feels like it could double as a swim suit. Etc.

I don't think going hipster is going to resolve any golf clothing woes they currently may be facing.

I said they do fine in apparel, it's everything else that they struggle with in golf. However, on the whole, it looks like they are making a push towards a nontraditional route. If people are more open to Nike Golf apparel than other Nike Golf products, why not introduce different looks to bring in more golfers? I think it's cool that they're taking design cues from other sports and bringing it into golf. Of course, I may be biased considering Nike is one of the 3 or 4 companies that dominate my golf wardrobe.

FWIW, it's OK to disagree, even if you're in the minority on this one.

a0cb822050189aad9df651ce8356fedf.jpg
7073e282255107a283247faf861f46a1.jpg

Dude!!!

I love those kicks!!!!

We wear the same size too!

I said they do fine in apparel, it's everything else that they struggle with in golf. However, on the whole, it looks like they are making a push towards a nontraditional route. If people are more open to Nike Golf apparel than other Nike Golf products, why not introduce different looks to bring in more golfers? I think it's cool that they're taking design cues from other sports and bringing it into golf. Of course, I may be biased considering Nike is one of the 3 or 4 companies that dominate my golf wardrobe.

FWIW, it's OK to disagree, even if you're in the minority on this one.

I'm not worried about being in a minority. Wouldn't be the first time haha... It's funny, because a few years ago I would have said the same thing.. I owned a ton of Nike gear and loved it... And then I feel like their sizing got more boxy, their pants stayed baggy, and their shoes got less functional/comfortable.

Sadly, this is just another step in the wrong direction for me, as a current golfer, who likes to look like a golfer when golfing. To me, this line says they are trying too hard... Kind of like some of their limited release apparel last year. There's a market for this I'm sure... Not sure if they are golfers, but there's a market for this somewhere out there. I won't contest that. It's just not me.

1946d76278a97e4a55e28e441904a190.jpg

f3c9236558465446a33a526973d5e43d.jpg

Big question... How's the tongue?

It's a departure from the TW line. I'll have to break these in on Thursday and next weekend

I'd wear the hell out of that polo

Back