Golf Budget - Do you have one?

No budget other than membership fee and one or maybe 2 THP events a year. Try and look for sales/deals on equipment

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

No set limit,but I know my limit on items

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Man, you guys with no budget for golf... I feel like Elaine when she finds out Jerry has bought his parents a new Cadillac. Its just more exciting when you guys are around...

Actually I don't mess with a budget, I'm just cheap. Last new club for me was a "like new" wedge a year ago for Christmas. However, my wife started playing 2 years ago so she has all new clubs now. My son made the JV team with some of my old clubs, so he's due for some upgrades this spring. I told my wife I would have the oldest clubs in the house, she said, "Sooo?"

Not really. I am far from rich, but if I felt that new gear would improve my game - I interpret that in a very broad sense -- I would invest in what I need, within reason. I primarily need to make sure I keep my personal spending in balance with my wife. Hence, I have encouraged her to buy lots of expensive items lately; she is getting suspicious. I might have some plans.

I'm married, soooooo that's my golf budget.

I'm not proud I have to hide stuff from my wife from time to time, but it happens.

Nothing set in stone. I'm pretty aware of my income/outlay ratio, and try to be conservative when spending money. Which is immediately trumped by the woman I am wed to and her horse.

For birthdays, anniversaries and Christmas, I know that my wife will like anything that sparkles and can be worn on her ear or finger or around her wrist or neck. The wife knows that my buds at the local golf shop can tell her what golf stuff I may want or need. It works out well, My wife and I did not have any children, so we are spending and enjoying what would have been the kid's inheritance if we had them. I really don't want to sound horrible and while it might sound selfish, but not having the expense of children does have some benefits.

I've had a golf budget for awhile but the last two years it has been more of a suggestion but this year it has to be a rule to manage our finances. I put all my golf stuff on my credit card for the points and I have a spreadsheet setup to track it all and I categorize things like rounds, equipment, and other. I set a monthly amount and if I don't use the funds they accrue for future months.

I did a golf budget system for years that worked well. From each bi-weekly paycheck, I had $60 put into a credit union, and split that up 30-30 savings and checking. That put $780 a year in each account. My annual dues at the military course where I played were $800 when I stopped playing because of my hip, but most of the years previous they were some less. That let me pay annual dues w/o a hitch, w/o a disturbance to the home finances. The checking account was for tournament entries and for golf accessories and clothes as needed. This system worked great for me, and always had my golf needs satisfied, and kept separate from household expense. And occasionally, if the accounts built up faster than I used them, Mrs SAM would get an unexpected gift.

I don't have one set but know when or where I can spend money on golf related items.

I feel the same way. I generally look for value and need, sometimes want.

I've always just winged it with regards to golf. Only being able to golf 8 months out of the year makes for 4 months of no golf spending. Don't want to say I'm fortunate, but as of right now I'm a single guy with no financial responsibilities to others, which makes worrying about a golf budget less stressful.

I buy what I want, but I do a TON of testing before I buy a new club.

Nah don't really have a budget. And don't really need one for a while now. I'll just buy what extras I need when the extra money is there

No budget, just spend disposable dough that I would have wasted on something else.

I don't have a golf budget. I know about what my club dues and food will run each month and try to keep it within reason but dang, booze gets expensive.

I usually wait to see what my commission statement is before I go out and buy big stuff but I have been known to say "screw the rent" and buy something.

Only being able to golf 8 months out of the year makes for 4 months of no golf spending.

This is something I never really think of, but I'm 100% positive it fed into my justification when it came time to spend.

No budget but I try and stay under a certain number each month. I also have a fishing issue that needs to be funded. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back