THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

This is one of those times that falling on my face a few times in here has taught me to keep my trap shut. My game isn't where I want it to be yet and I hope to work hard and maybe get the chance to represent Ohio in any way possible.....including bribes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, I thought you were leaving 30 yard chips inside 3', haha. I get you though. They asked us our HCP. At this current point I probably would shoot my HCP +10 strokes. So yes I have a vanity HCP. I'm not saying that it won't be an 8 come June, but I'm not saying I will be either. Winning unlimited golf for the year is definitely going to get me in the right direction.

Wow coming from you man that means alot, thank you!
Also that was the round I was referencing, well the Sunday round at Lakes of Taylor, 55,44 were my scores. But at the same time I have been known to have blow up rounds where I shoot 56,54 or great for me rounds of 45,47. So its going to be a lot of work with consistency. I would love to be sub 20 by the end of the year. I am trying to set attainable goals so my goal this year is 20 or better and to have a legit tracked handicap.

I'm right there with you brother! Last year I was sure I'd break 90, and I felt like I hit the ball better than ever - for the most part. But my scores never got a whole lot better (90-105) even with equitable stroke control, I had too many OB shots or two chips to get on the green, etc. I'm just looking for more consistency this year. Good luck man!

Wait, I thought you were leaving 30 yard chips inside 3', haha. I get you though. They asked us our HCP. At this current point I probably would shoot my HCP +10 strokes. So yes I have a vanity HCP. I'm not saying that it won't be an 8 come June, but I'm not saying I will be either. Winning unlimited golf for the year is definitely going to get me in the right direction.

Unlimited golf for the year congrats that is pretty sweet. That will help get the game in order.

I wonder what the ultimate bribes/favors/chores are for the captains?

441- XXIO? Swing set for the girls? Undisclosed amounts of swag?

Jdtox- Enormous amounts of premium alcoholic beverages? Another vacation? House cleaning services for the year?

Asking for a few friends...

Unlimited golf for the year congrats that is pretty sweet. That will help get the game in order.

I hope so! I've changed my job up so I'll be putting in about 20-30 hours less a week in so it worked out perfectly.

I wonder what the ultimate bribes/favors/chores are for the captains?

441- XXIO? Swing set for the girls? Undisclosed amounts of swag?

Jdtox- Enormous amounts of premium alcoholic beverages? Another vacation? House cleaning services for the year?

Asking for a few friends...

I will share the secret sauce since jdtox is away on vacation.
His wife wants to move to FL.
Make that happen and I think a person finds a spot on the team.

Oh that is a gre.....wait a minute! I see what you did there.

Sorry guys, this is NOT an option.

We don't want to lose Jeremy!

My wife wants to move down there too... But nah...
Florida Slice doesn't sound right

Mike, slide on the swing set or no?
I can probably wire in an outdoor sound system to keep them thoroughly entertained.

Oh that is a gre.....wait a minute! I see what you did there.

Sorry guys, this is NOT an option.

He would still qualify, I promise.

We don't want to lose Jeremy!

My wife wants to move down there too... But nah...
Florida Slice doesn't sound right

Maybe S Squared for Sarasota Slice...
Clearwater Slice sounds like paradise.

Glad to see I didn't miss too much today. A lot of handicap talk and attempts at bribery. I am ready to show 441 how my prep is doing this weekend. Sorry that I get to have first crack at the bribery and fulfill that gents.

Shot gun - Mike has it.
Drinks - I'm on it.
Clubs - Oh you need those cleaned.

#1stClassTreatment

Glad to see I didn't miss too much today. A lot of handicap talk and attempts at bribery. I am ready to show 441 how my prep is doing this weekend. Sorry that I get to have first crack at the bribery and fulfill that gents.

Shot gun - Mike has it.
Drinks - I'm on it.
Clubs - Oh you need those cleaned.

#1stClassTreatment

With the way this post is going, you forgot "Reach Around" and "Handy". :angel:

Should have added that as a disclaimer.

...and honestly that was the first time I've laughed all day. Thanks JB!

Reach around and handy' I need to bring that to our region......

Man it seems like the air was let out of the sails around here a little bit. Cheer up hopefuls its not over yet. Captains have two loooong weeks to try to put together a team that makes sense and the more they see your name on the forum the harder it is for him to not consider you.

Mike, i want in this thing bad. Its supposed to be 50 on friday. How many swings are needed in that swing set?
More like the snow that won't melt next weekend makes me sad =(

If it's bribes that it takes to get on the team, sorry MD and good luck to the others. I can only promise that I will be as prepared as possible and play to my HC. Not into the whole bribing or empty promises game, especially if it involves anything with the term reach around.

If it's bribes that it takes to get on the team, sorry MD and good luck to the others. I can only promise that I will be as prepared as possible and play to my HC. Not into the whole bribing or empty promises game, especially if it involves anything with the term reach around.
Hey too late, I said that a few pages ago this morning

Hold the presses we have our first serious post out of the 4900 in here

Sounds like "Pure Michigan" commercial to me

Hey welcome back missed u at signup day
Yep I was the guy who woke up at 5:15 pm after a night of drinking and forgot to set my alarm. Felt pretty silly jumping on to sign up 20 min after the sign ups closed.

Last edited:
Yep I was the guy who woke up at 5:15 pm after a night of drinking and forgot to set his alarm. Felt pretty silly jumping on to sign up 20 min after the sign ups closed.

Did I read that correctly?

Yep I was the guy who woke up at 5:15 pm after a night of drinking and forgot to set his alarm. Felt pretty silly jumping on to sign up 20 min after the sign ups closed.
Yikes dude thats a big whoopsie

That must have been one hell of a night of drinking!

Back