Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

You are correct about the camera angle. I had to go and look at my 6.5 and if you look directly down square to the leading clubhead face, the leading edge of the putter appears to dissect the centre of the shaft. Hope that makes sense to you.

Ok thanks. I think that would be considered 1/2 offset? I hope our local GT gets a few of these in so I can take a look.

This model keeps popping into my head. I need to find this one.
Yes, yes you do.
I think he's using the white tips to create a triangle "3 point reference" to aid in alignment. I shoot archery so I see what he's saying and the effect it could have. Instead of just looking at the line and ball he's using the 2 white tabs and the back of the white 2135 line to "square" the putter. At least I "think" that's what he's saying.
That's how I read it as well. I apparently have been doing this subconsciously because when I was looking at my 6.5 to verify, I instantly "saw" the pattern.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. I think that would be considered 1/2 offset? I hope our local GT gets a few of these in so I can take a look.

Unfortunately GolfTown doesn't carry any of the Cleveland putters and wedges in their stores anymore. The putters are only available on their website which doesn't help you take a look at the offset.

I think he's using the white tips to create a triangle "3 point reference" to aid in alignment. I shoot archery so I see what he's saying and the effect it could have. Instead of just looking at the line and ball he's using the 2 white tabs and the back of the white 2135 line to "square" the putter. At least I "think" that's what he's saying.
Nailed it...thanks

I know it's just an indoor putting mat, but I feel deadly with this thing. Can't wait to hit some real greens with it.

I need to find a little to time scratch my tinkering itch with this putter.

Unfortunately GolfTown doesn't carry any of the Cleveland putters and wedges in their stores anymore. The putters are only available on their website which doesn't help you take a look at the offset.

These are super hard to find to demo around me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro on.

7718efcf751a4a9b56fcb5da9803c856.jpg
Nate,
How did you like the Garsen? You were already pretty darn consistent with the stock grip.

Nate,
How did you like the Garsen? You were already pretty darn consistent with the stock grip.

Was good! 2 birdies, a few par saves, need to get on the practice green to get more use to it as it's been awhile since I last played with it on. Inside 20 feet I seemed to have a better roll on the ball. Outside 20 my line was a bit off but my speed was good. Practice practice practice!

These are super hard to find to demo around me as well.

Had to buy all of my TFI putters TFI (6.5, 8.0, CB Halo Smart Square) because there is absolutely none available around here to test. Have not been disappointed with any of them. Fortunately they are very inexpensive to purchase. :)

Even though I questioned the newness of the tech, I took home the 6.5 for a week to test drive it against my Ketsch to roll on my putting green. Initial testing is interesting. Much lighter head, but my Ketsch is the heavy. Great face on the 6.5. Didn't feel squishy at all. I will say I like the putter.

Even though I questioned the newness of the tech, I took home the 6.5 for a week to test drive it against my Ketsch to roll on my putting green. Initial testing is interesting. Much lighter head, but my Ketsch is the heavy. Great face on the 6.5. Didn't feel squishy at all. I will say I like the putter.

If you prefer heavier putters you may want to consider trying the 8.0 which is a CB putter.

The 8.0 is available in 35" or 38". I'm a huge fan of CB putters.

Ya that stinks. They don't even have the 6.5 on the website so would have to order it in.

If you prefer heavier putters you may want to consider trying the 8.0 which is a CB putter.

The 8.0 is available in 35" or 38". I'm a huge fan of CB putters.

my putting stroke suits a face balanced putter and I've never played well with plumber's neck putters.

my putting stroke suits a face balanced putter and I've never played well with plumber's neck putters.

The 8.0 is a face balanced putter.

Rumor has it The_Dude just picked one of these up. Guess I will be seeing that up close at RR. As for me, I sent out a feeler for a price on a 6.5 yesterday, didn't get back the number I was looking for. Will just sit and wait on that one.

The 8.0 is a face balanced putter.

Everything I read had the 8.0 as having pretty significant toe hang -- like 4:00, which is what I would expect with a plumber's neck. Not certain as I've ever seen a face balanced plumber's neck putter. I will have to check.

Everything I read had the 8.0 as having pretty significant toe hang -- like 4:00, which is what I would expect with a plumber's neck. Not certain as I've ever seen a face balanced plumber's neck putter. I will have to check.

I just checked the 8.0 and you are absolutely correct it does have a 4:00 toe hang - if 3:00 is face balanced. Could have swore that it was a FB putter. Just too many putters to keep track of. :)

I was scared for a second when I went to read that original thread - I seem to putt best with a putter that has a little toe hang. The Ping Anser 5 is one that I know of that's a plumbers neck. fupresti started a thread on these a couple weeks back.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?78359-Face-Balanced-Plumbers-Neck-Putters

I think it is time I pull the trigger on a 6.5.

Cannot find one locally to save my life.

Rumor has it The_Dude just picked one of these up. Guess I will be seeing that up close at RR. As for me, I sent out a feeler for a price on a 6.5 yesterday, didn't get back the number I was looking for. Will just sit and wait on that one.
Yes I did and yes you will. I ordered 2135 1.0 from Golfsmith sight unseen. Nobody around me had one in stock. It's getting shipped directly from Cleveland with eta of March 12th. :arrogant:

I rolled several different models of this putter yesterday at the golf shop. I liked the feel of the #8 the best, but I wasn't comfortable with the short alignment aid.

Would having a longer alignment aid mess up the 2135 concept?

I rolled several different models of this putter yesterday at the golf shop. I liked the feel of the #8 the best, but I wasn't comfortable with the short alignment aid.

Would having a longer alignment aid mess up the 2135 concept?
No it shouldn't.

I have been rolling the 8.0 for three weeks. Love the the alignment aid and the feel of the ball off the face. The one thing I have noticed and haven't dialed in yet is how hot the ball comes off the face. Especially on long putts. You don't need to have a long stroke to get it rolling. For a 10 foot putt you just have to get it rolling.

Wish the putter cover had a magnetic closure...

I will say it again, for me this is the best putter I have ever had!!!!!!! I find the line, put the alignment mark on it and roll. I made 4 putts today over 20 feet and left all my lags with in 3 feet of the pin. The guy I was playing with was just shaking his head. "I have never seen you putt this good in the 4 years we have been playing together."
I have never been a good/great putter, but this putter just gives me more confidence and when they drop if just feels awesome.
Thanks THP for reviewing so many great products and all the THPers for the reviews. :clapp:

Back