musicmaster6921

hacking away everyday.
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 21.4
We have talked about brand loyalty as a whole in other threads. But my question is more about each style of club. Is there a loyalty or a brand you look at first for each club before trying anything else.
For me there is a bit.
Drivers the first brand I look at is Cobra always.
FW I tend to check out Callaway first.
Hybrids and irons are both mizuno for me.
Wedges are Callaway
and putters are always Odyssey first then the rest.
So I ask, do you have different brands for each segment of clubs or are you single brand loyal or is it a shot in the dark and what ever your hand lands in first is what you try first.

Drivers would be Cobra for me.

Adams for Hybrids

Bridgestone for Irons

Hopkins for wedges

Putters as long as it's an 8802 and heavy whatever works - but if I pick a brand Nead

I know I game a lot of stuff in my sig but if I had to pick it would be the above.

I am an equal opportunity golfer. i dont have any brand loyalty. if i like the club i will game it.

We have talked about brand loyalty as a whole in other threads. But my question is more about each style of club. Is there a loyalty or a brand you look at first for each club before trying anything else.
For me there is a bit.
Drivers the first brand I look at is Cobra always.
FW I tend to check out Callaway first.
Hybrids and irons are both mizuno for me.
Wedges are Callaway
and putters are always Odyssey first then the rest.
So I ask, do you have different brands for each segment of clubs or are you single brand loyal or is it a shot in the dark and what ever your hand lands in first is what you try first.

I tend to look at the manufacturer's that have LH clubs first (easy filter as some don't carry certain clubs in lefty models). I tend to go with Mizuno's since that was my all time favorite manufacturer for irons. but, I also tend to look at Ping, Titleist and Callaway as well. For Drivers it's Ping, Callaway, TM and Titleist (no particular order there). Wedges I go either Titleist or Cleveland (did experiment with TM and Nike wedges). I'm indifferent with the putter - as long as it feels good and helps me putt a little better. Currently gaming a Bettinardi C03.

The only brand I gravitate towards trying first is Callaway when it comes to drivers/FW's because they just work for me. Everything else is just based on what recently came out and if I like the look of them.

No, I pick what I've heard good things about. I'm a callaway homer but if something else came out that was better, I'd give it a look see.

I'm really bad about being OCD and having a bag where everything matches from the same brand. I'm also in the camp that feels shaft matters more than head with few exceptions (i.e., SLDR) so I feel comfortable finding something that works with any brand with the right shaft.

Well, my loyalty is fluid. I prefer to look at the companies that go out of their way to make me feel special.

Callaway, Odyssey, and SeeMore are my usual go-tos.

I tend to lean towards multiple brands. Typically Callaway Wilson Staff. Most of that is based on THP. And my fortunate opportunities. I read reviews and test different things that catch my eye. I've learned from my time here there are so many good offerings available.

I will give Callaway the first shot & move on if they have an offering that I don't like or doesn't fit me.

With putters it's Odyssey & Scotty first...if I could afford it I would throw in Piretti into the mix

No, I pick what I've heard good things about. I'm a callaway homer but if something else came out that was better, I'd give it a look see.

I do the same when I go to demo, mainly based on THP reviews. But I alwasy tend to give a bit more time to my respective loyal brand.

Well, my loyalty is fluid. I prefer to look at the companies that go out of their way to make me feel special.

Callaway, Odyssey, and SeeMore are my usual go-tos.

Thats one of the reason I have always been loyal to Odyssey, so I can completely understand that!

I tend to lean towards multiple brands. Typically Callaway Wilson Staff. Most of that is based on THP. And my fortunate opportunities. I read reviews and test different things that catch my eye. I've learned from my time here there are so many good offerings available.

Agree 100% THP has been a huge influence on my club choices!

I do the same when I go to demo, mainly based on THP reviews. But I alwasy tend to give a bit more time to my respective loyal brand.

Thats one of the reason I have always been loyal to Odyssey, so I can completely understand that!

Agree 100% THP has been a huge influence on my club choices!

I understand liking one brand over another. But don't you think more often then not you'll end up with the brand you like?

My first set of fitted clubs are all Callaway so I expect that when the time comes for a change I will give them a good long look. I like to support local companies which would tend to "limit" me to Callaway, Cobra or TaylorMade. If I hit something that was just superior then I would likely bag it. About the only company I don't like and would have a hard time gaming is Nike.

I'll be a Callaway first guy when it comes to equipment. But I'm always game to go another route if the first option isn't the best.

I understand liking one brand over another. But don't you think more often then not you'll end up with the brand you like?

yes and no. I love Cobra clubs and thought I would have a F6 driver this year for sure, but after demoing that vs alot of others the GBB was just clearly the best one for me in stock form. So now I am leaning towards that and not the F6. But many times I would say yes as I have been known to buy clubs blind just because I love the brand and want it.

I go with brands I like and trust, plus brands sold at my home course. Titleist, Callaway and Ping are our big sellers.

Driver: TMAG
FW: Open
Hybrd: Adams
Irons: Mizuno
Wedges: Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey
Ball: Wilson Staff

No true loyalty but THP events and sponsors interaction and treatment of THPers has influenced some decisions this past year.

I look at Callaway first but will try anything I can. I bet I end up with a Cobra driver this year and that will be my first Cobra ever. I'd also look at Cobra irons first right now.

I am one that liles to have everything in the bag the same. Doesn't make sense to a lot of people but I am comfortable that way. Since I have joined THP I will be trying out some Callaway as well as Titleist just necause of the way they treat ua on the forum

I have tried to overcome brand bias and really look at everything that is out there when looking at equipment...however, I do lean certain directions with different clubs:

Driver: Callaway - they just always work for me
Irons: Ping - specifically the i series
Wedges: Vokey
Shafts - KBS
Grips - Lamkin

I have tried to overcome brand bias and really look at everything that is out there when looking at equipment...however, I do lean certain directions with different clubs:

Driver: Callaway - they just always work for me
Irons: Ping - specifically the i series
Wedges: Vokey
Shafts - KBS
Grips - Lamkin

If you swap Vokey for Cleveland here for me, this.

So from looking at the answers so far it seems everyone has that brand they are loyal to but they will still try and if it works buy another brand. Many have attributed THP reviews and thoughts on their reasoning. (I am in that boat)

So let me add to this question then, were you in the same mind set before THP? or has THP changed the way you precieve many of the brands you would have previously overlooked for a certain club?

If you swap Vokey for Cleveland here for me, this.
I actually flip flop on those two quite a bit. The recent version of the SM6 in flat black have me all :drool: though.

Metal woods - Cobra
Irons/wedges - Wilson Staff
Putter - Open minded
Golf balls - Bridgestone, made in USA counts for me!

Dave

Back