Jerky - All Types

I just picked up some perky jerky at the grocery store, I love it when they put the display next to the checkout, now I've got my on course snacks for the weekend lined up!

Just noticed they have Krave jerky on Big Brother..not totally surprised since its a CA company..awesome jerky though for sure

I havent. Let us know if its any good.

Alright, a friend brought me the 12 bag sample combo pack.

I'm kind of a traditionalist and prefer more of the basic plain, peppered, maybe teriyaki. Tried the premium select so far and it's not bad, not dried out at all, maybe a little chewy though. Not a connoisseur but I think it's pretty good and they've got a lot of flavors and pretty good prices (I think). The 12 bag (1.8oz) sample combo pack was $28.

damngoodjerky.com

Just had some GREAT Buffalo, Elk, and Venison jerky.
All homemade, the elk was peppered, buffalo was teriyaki, and Venison was plain.

I am surprised my boys left it for me when a friend dropped it off!

Just had some GREAT Buffalo, Elk, and Venison jerky.
All homemade, the elk was peppered, buffalo was teriyaki, and Venison was plain.

I am surprised my boys left it for me when a friend dropped it off!

I love venison jerky. My buddies that hunt haven't hooked me up in awhile though.

I love venison jerky. My buddies that hunt haven't hooked me up in awhile though.

Hunting season is in October/November here, Let me see what I can find in the woods this year...

I could probably live on jerky for a month if I had too...unless I died before the 30 days was up. My favorites have always been homemade. I especially like stealing pieces off the dehydrator when it is warm and still has a nice bit of chew; makes my mouth water just thinking about it. As far as store bought, I would say my favorite is probably Wild Bill's Hickory, though some bags are hit and miss. I've had a couple that were so salty you couldn't stomach it, and others that were bland. When it's right, it's spot on though. Oddly enough, another pretty good one is great value brand from walmart. It's relatively cheap for a huge bag and tastes pretty dang good. I like the peppered and I like to leave it in my hot truck, so it gets a little more tender lol.

I had some of the Krave Sweet Chipotle jerky today and man is it good. Definitely worth the money

The best jerky I have ever had was a homemade venison jerky a guy I knew back in graduate school used to make. Nothing I have ever had since compares.

I swear! EVERY time I see "Jerky.." I think it is going to be followed by "Boys"! I keep thinking this is a Jerky Boys thread! Haha!

Ran into the store on my way to work this morning and happened to grab a bag of Oberto Bacon Jerky to try (I love bacon). It was really GOOD!

Had some Old Trapper Jerky the other day. http://oldtrapper.com/

The guy had the spicy variety, so I need to get a bag of the regular kind. It was good, but I only had one small piece.

Saw Krave for the first time last week at my independent local store. I will be trying it for the first time soon.

Pepper jerky is my favorite. But as long as the texture isn't like shoe leather I'll give most a try.

I can't get enough of the Chef's Cut Jerky... will be bringing a bag with me to Alabama

I can't get enough of the Chef's Cut Jerky... will be bringing a bag with me to Alabama

Please do. Is that the stuff that was on Shark Tank?

Will have some Krave in my bag @ the #THPKickoffClassic this weekend.

Love me some good jerky

Please do. Is that the stuff that was on Shark Tank?
I don't think so, i noticed this stuff in a post from the PGA show, and it was in Costco that same week... It looks roughly the same, but the stuff on shark tank looks like way more flavor. I believe the shark tank stuff is called 'three jerks'

I don't think so, i noticed this stuff in a post from the PGA show, and it was in Costco that same week... It looks roughly the same, but the stuff on shark tank looks like way more flavor. I believe the shark tank stuff is called 'three jerks'

THats where I remember it. I didnt try any, but watching ddec and fritters go nuts for it is enough to make me realize its solid.

THats where I remember it. I didnt try any, but watching ddec and fritters go nuts for it is enough to make me realize its solid.

That stuff was legit. I hope they make it to stores so I don't have to wait.

Back