XXIO Prime Driver

Time to find a new shop!

Only shop in OH that carries XXIO. Not a plethora of options here.

I'll hit it regardless of what they say next time in.

It felt whippy while I was waggling it at address but during the swing it felt like a recoil. It was great

Had the same thoughts Phil. Once you put a swing on it though that disappeared quickly.

You guys will get to hit both 441s and mine if you would like at the THP Event in Ohio. Outside on the FlightScope and during the round if you choose.

XXIO9 or XXIO Prime?

XXIO9 or XXIO Prime?

I'm trying to decide upon which XXIO driver to put in my bag. It's between the XXIO9 10.5˚ driver or the 10.5˚ Prime. Not worried about the cost difference, it's all about performance.

Would also like to get some suggestions as to what shaft to put in the driver. I've already ordered the fairway woods, hybrid and irons in R flex, and I feel very comfortable with that. But with the driver I'm not sure if I should get the SR flex, or stay with the R flex to match the rest of my kit. My SS is under 100 with the driver.

What are your thoughts on head and shaft options?

Got The xxio 9 in 10.5 s r
Normally only swing speed 85+
Previously was hitting my best ones 210 y(190m)
Have hit several in my two rounds of use 230-240y one went 240 m (260y)
Getting in positions I have not been in on short par 4 and today with some wind assistance got on 380 m(420y)
With driver 4 iron
Previously ball flight was low - mid
It is now high with huge carry
My club does not have access to prime but can't conceive any better than the 9
Ps try the 9.5 as it it really goes high ( not ballooning )
Previous club was titleist 915 d2

I'm trying to decide upon which XXIO driver to put in my bag. It's between the XXIO9 10.5˚ driver or the 10.5˚ Prime. Not worried about the cost difference, it's all about performance.

Would also like to get some suggestions as to what shaft to put in the driver. I've already ordered the fairway woods, hybrid and irons in R flex, and I feel very comfortable with that. But with the driver I'm not sure if I should get the SR flex, or stay with the R flex to match the rest of my kit. My SS is under 100 with the driver.

What are your thoughts on head and shaft options?

The XXIO Prime will launch higher than the XXIO 9 will in my opinion.

Got The xxio 9 in 10.5 s r
Normally only swing speed 85+
Previously was hitting my best ones 210 y(190m)
Have hit several in my two rounds of use 230-240y one went 240 m (260y)
Getting in positions I have not been in on short par 4 and today with some wind assistance got on 380 m(420y)
With driver 4 iron
Previously ball flight was low - mid
It is now high with huge carry
My club does not have access to prime but can't conceive any better than the 9
Ps try the 9.5 as it it really goes high ( not ballooning )
Previous club was titleist 915 d2

A lot of good information here - thanks! I was somewhat concerned about the SR shaft been a little too stiff and not truly getting the full benefits of their combined clubhead/shaft design benefits. Based on your SS it sounds like the SR shaft is the ticket for me.

Unfortunately there is nowhere to test any of the XXIO products where I live and must base the purchasing decision solely on reviews and comments. Would love to try both the 9.5˚and the 10.5˚ drivers to actually see the height and total distance differences between the two but unfortunately that is not possible.

My present driver is also a Titleist 915 D2 (R-flex 10.5˚ of loft) and I'm getting good height. Thinking that the XXIO 9.5˚ driver may be a better choice giving me a more penetrating ball flight. It sounds like their drivers naturally give you good height already.

Anyone have any comments regarding 9.5 vs 10.5 loft?

Since the Prime launches higher should I consider going with 9.5˚ of loft? Please note my comments in post #407. Thanks!

Since the Prime launches higher should I consider going with 9.5˚ of loft? Please note my comments in post #407. Thanks!

Thats hard to say without any sort of reference.

that's what I heard Adam confirm at the show too.

ea4df0672550e6e72da2d24b0bfa8ef1.jpg

7ca29f6399955800616805bebc6ccfe2.jpg

d17c322348bd7f880672b14f36b76a97.jpg

Good looking driver!
Might have to take a swing or two and see what all the buzz is about!

Nice. So this is your magic little mini driver. Sounds like swapping out the original shaft didn't hurt the performance of the driver. Their literature talks a lot about how the shaft and the head work together. Sounds like you have a winner here.

Nice. So this is your magic little mini driver. Sounds like swapping out the original shaft didn't hurt the performance of the driver. Their literature talks a lot about how the shaft and the head work together. Sounds like you have a winner here.

Definitely not. And if I was going to keep it full length I would have stayed with the whole XXIO package, but going short and up a degree in loft I wanted to go more mid and use the THP custom shaft too.

Why do you torture us? Can not wait to hit this again at Club Clash.

Definitely not. And if I was going to keep it full length I would have stayed with the whole XXIO package, but going short and up a degree in loft I wanted to go more mid and use the THP custom shaft too.

Thanks. Sounds like a winner to me.

First round with an XXIO 8 for me tomorrow. I liked how I hit it on the range today. Not sure how this compares to the Prime, but it seemed to carry farther than my CG Black with a more penetrating flight. Still hitting nice little draws and the sound is different but in a good way.

The XXIO Prime was an absolute beast today on the course.
35 on the front and 39 on the back and it one drive that stands out was one I hit a full inch towards the heel and the ball still found the left side of the fairway.

It has this sound that is almost infectious and makes you want to play it more and more.

35 on the front and 39 on the back and it one drive that stands out was one I hit a full inch towards the heel and the ball still found the left side of the fairway.

It has this sound that is almost infectious and makes you want to play it more and more.
lol man you play fast

Sounds like you have a nice fit for you

lol man you play fast

Sounds like you have a nice fit for you

2:20 for Wardy and me today and that was with waiting on the back 9 the last 4 holes.
This slots in really nicely between my Great Big Bertha and my Heavenwood and just screams confidence.

2:20 for Wardy and me today and that was with waiting on the back 9 the last 4 holes.
This slots in really nicely between my Great Big Bertha and my Heavenwood and just screams confidence.
I believe it. Ive only taken one swing with it but i want to hit it more. Mostly just to hear the sound again

You are making it very tough on me, Josh. My only salvation is that there isn't one of these anywhere in Pensacola. HaHa.

You are making it very tough on me, Josh. My only salvation is that there isn't one of these anywhere in Pensacola. HaHa.

Well next time I see you, you can play mine for the round.

Well next time I see you, you can play mine for the round.

Good deal! But, you'll probably have to pry it out of my hands to get in back. :angel:

Back