Need some opinions! Buying new irons

Mjmx94

Reaction score
I am buying new irons for the upcoming season, I'm not great at all so mostly looking for game improvements, but i was looking at 3 selections and i was wondering if anyone has experience with any or just an opinion on them. Gonna keep it short and simple, I really like Nike and TaylorMade products and the 3 sets i was looking at are the TaylorMade Rocketballz, TaylorMade Rocketbladez, or the Nike VR Pro set. Opinions??? :banghead:

No experience with any of the sets mentioned but there are people who are on here. Just want to welcome you to THP.

If you really want to stick to those brands, I would say get yourself a set of SpeedBlades. Save a few bucks and based on my experience with the ones you listed, will be fine at your level.

Are you going to get fit? If so, go in with an open mind regarding brands and see what they recommend for you.

I have gamed the Rocketballz and Speedblades from TM. I preferred the Speed blades and got better results from them. I was an 18-20 handicap at the time I used these.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have a set of the standard rocketbladez 4-PW and I love them. I'm around 18-20 handicap and I can honestly say I shaved around 4-5 strokes off my game by going from some approximately 10 year old irons to the Rocketbladez. I think they have enough forgiveness and game that I can grow into them without having to switch as I get better. Hope this helps. I may be slightly biased because it's what I am used to but I did hit a good selection on a simulator before choosing them. I would suggest the same for you. Don't get hug up on one brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketBladez > RocketBallz (in my opinion).

Many very knowledgeable people here have expressed the opinion that the SpeedBlades are an improvement over the RocketBladez. The SpeedBlades are pretty easy to find at very reasonable prices.

Sorry, but I can't comment on the Nike clubs you asked about.

Last edited:
I have gamed the rocketballz irons for 2 years , they are very impressive. Two weeks ago I got a new set of Speedblades . Each of these irons are great choices but in my opinion the speedblades are better. How much better is hard to say, not a huge amount better , but still better. You can't go wrong either way but the speedblades win out over the also strong performing rocketballz. A friend liked my new speedblades so much he asked me to get him a set.

As a reference I ordered him 4- GW in very good cond. FROM 3 BALLS golf on ebay for 239.99 and free shipping. Just me stay away from the Nike.

Don't rule out a used set of XR irons either, much better than your first options. But agree with the others, I much preferred the speedblades over your other two selections.

I have the rocketbladez and I really like them for me. Best advise, go hit them and choose what feels and hits best for you. But you should also consider getting fitted and having an open mind to try all brands.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back