2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Kicked the scale off this week at 229. As soon as I get this damn Meniscus fixed I fully expect to roll right down to where I need to be. I'll stay strong and keep fighting the fight.

Kicked the scale off this week at 229. As soon as I get this damn Meniscus fixed I fully expect to roll right down to where I need to be. I'll stay strong and keep fighting the fight.

Love your motivation dude!

Just made these. I cheated a bit and added some preserves post cooking. Amazingly tasty btw.

6b7014ae8870d4eac6cc621ba17d620e.jpg

bde2903b17baa12be2667eaa88b59ecd.jpg

f86df3729efcbe15875e8953d44fbb62.jpg

I just made AWESOME protein pancakes! They are a bit high in points, but for a weekend splurge I thought they were totally worth the points. You will see below, I added a mashed up banana for sweetness and by doing so I didn't think these needed any syrup, they were great on their own.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just made these. I cheated a bit and added some preserves post cooking. Amazingly tasty btw.

6b7014ae8870d4eac6cc621ba17d620e.jpg

bde2903b17baa12be2667eaa88b59ecd.jpg

f86df3729efcbe15875e8953d44fbb62.jpg

Look delicious! Was that from the recipe I posted?

I need to make those this weekend. Or for dinner tonight, I could go for a good pancake!

Down almost 25 lbs since the new year, I'd like to get down to 200 lbs again but that's another 30 lbs away. The last time I weighed 200 lbs was about 12 years ago and I was running 15 miles everyday. I'm hoping this year I can walk a bunch of rounds and carry my bag and it will get me closer though. For now I just have to wait for this snow to melt and the temps to get up a little more.

As far as the ice cream goes, I'm a big fan of it btw, I bought some Breyer's No Sugar Added. It's 100 calories, 45 from fat for a 1/2 cup, so I have a couple spoonfuls about once a week to squash that craving. It taste great, you just can't sit down and eat the whole container. Stay with me willpower!

Yeah, your recipe and edits. The protein powder I used is Optimum Nutrition Oats & Whey vanilla flavor. Not sure how much the protein powder flavor matters between different "vanilla"s, but yeah.
Look delicious! Was that from the recipe I posted?

I need to make those this weekend. Or for dinner tonight, I could go for a good pancake!

Breyers is my favorite. Especially the mint chocolate chip. *drool*
Down almost 25 lbs since the new year, I'd like to get down to 200 lbs again but that's another 30 lbs away. The last time I weighed 200 lbs was about 12 years ago and I was running 15 miles everyday. I'm hoping this year I can walk a bunch of rounds and carry my bag and it will get me closer though. For now I just have to wait for this snow to melt and the temps to get up a little more.

As far as the ice cream goes, I'm a big fan of it btw, I bought some Breyer's No Sugar Added. It's 100 calories, 45 from fat for a 1/2 cup, so I have a couple spoonfuls about once a week to squash that craving. It taste great, you just can't sit down and eat the whole container. Stay with me willpower!

Breyers is my favorite. Especially the mint chocolate chip. *drool*

It's soooooo good, it just take a lot not to overindulge. I keep deep down in the freezer so I don't have to see it often.

Yeah, your recipe and edits. The protein powder I used is Optimum Nutrition Oats & Whey vanilla flavor. Not sure how much the protein powder flavor matters between different "vanilla"s, but yeah.

I am so glad you liked it! I used a vegan vanilla protein powder since I can't eat dairy. I am sure the variations in vanillas will alter the flavor a bit, but it shouldn't change it too much. Now I am seriously craving pancakes.

MFP just told me I have lost 27.1% of my body weight, that is crazy to me.
Add me on MFP I am shanep0131

I just upgraded to premium yesterday. I love seeing the macro breakdown

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I will add you, but I rarely track food anymore. I mostly use it for the weight loss progress graph haha

Add me too. I'm "sudseh" there as well.

I will add you, but I rarely track food anymore. I mostly use it for the weight loss progress graph haha
I don't track food all the time. I do when I travel, its eye opening how much sodium is in processed food

I just had a new kind of apple (well new to me) called Opal apples. They taste like a really crunchy pear. Has that same gritty texture of a pear too. The jury is still out on these, some bites I liked, others were just OK.

I am all about the Jazz apples, but Publix didn't have them today.

If you mix the tonic water with a 100% agave tequila, it ALMOST counts the same. :act-up:
When its Tonic water mixed with Titos I dont think it counts the same.

Yes. Bod pod is a great progress measurement tool.
The bod pod is going to be at OT on Wednesday, should I do it?

The bod pod is going to be at OT on Wednesday, should I do it?

I say yes and then try and do it again in a month or two, if that scale is stubborn this will be a much better indicator!

I just had a new kind of apple (well new to me) called Opal apples. They taste like a really crunchy pear. Has that same gritty texture of a pear too. The jury is still out on these, some bites I liked, others were just OK.

I am all about the Jazz apples, but Publix didn't have them today.

Can you get Cortland or Macoun apples down there? Both crispy and have a sweetish tarty taste.

Can you get Cortland or Macoun apples down there? Both crispy and have a sweetish tarty taste.

I haven't seen them before, but I will keep an eye out. It seems like Publix has been rotating different kinds of apples, because last week I could get Jazz and this week I couldn't.

Well now that the birthday weekend/time off is officially over its back to eating light and losing weight time. Have about 10-12lbs I would like to see gone by my friends April wedding that I'm in. I've done it before and know how, just have to stick to it.

Back