Chipping - One Club?????

56 usually but I am comfortable with my 52 48 and PW if need be

55 or 60 99% of the time depending on what is needed or what I want to play. On the rare occasion though I will also pull the gap wedge to use if it's a far enough chip needed.

I guess most are with my 54* but I'll use 8i to 58* depending on the situation

I tend to stick to using my PW, although I will use other clubs if I think the shot requires it. I've used everything from my 21 degree hybrid up to my sand wedge.

I use a different club depending on the length of the chip and the same swing. A chip to me is a low shot that lands on the green early and rolls out. Usually just off the green.

My club selection is depended upon the shot at hand.

Depends on the shot for me. It could be anything from a 6 iron to the 58* lob.

Always change depending on my situation. To limit yourself to one club will only hurt long term

My club selection is depended upon the shot at hand.

I think you are correct but as a teacher don't you find people relying on one club more than doing it the correct way??

I love my 60* so I'll use it for a majority of chip shots, but I don't mind using something with lower loft if there is room for run-out.

I primarily use my LW or SW depending on the lie. I should work in the PW and 9I for longer chips but I just haven't really got a grasp for distance for those clubs. Plus my LW and SW feels heavier in the hands which gives me more confidence around the green.

I use a 60* wedge from 100 yards and in. Rarely use anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Usually dependent on the situation; i don't use the same club. Depends on how far into the green i need to get.

I think you are correct but as a teacher don't you find people relying on one club more than doing it the correct way??

Of course I do and I just let it go. I see more shots wasted by bad club choices. Almost as many that come from poor swings. Now couple those together and you have a big issue.

Mostly use my 56 then set AW. I'll use the 60 for green side bunkers. Around the green I will also use anything from 56 through 8i, depending on type of shot.

Towards the end of last season I used my 58* for most of my chips. Before that or when I'm not chipping well with the 58 I'll use my gap wedge. I have used everything from a 7 iron on up. I need to practice more bump and runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primarily my 56* wedge... but I'll use a 7 iron for longer, running shots if needed.

I don't see a big difference between my 56*, my 52* and my pitching wedge, honestly.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

For chips from 10 to 25 yards, the 54. For tight lies and chips from 30 to 60, the 48.

For straightforward chips I use anywhere from gw to 6 iron or even less. I try to keep one swing when at all possible. Whatever club gets it rolling as soon as possible.

There are variables for sure but I am bad enough with one swing let alone multiple swings with one club.

Generally a 60* wedge, but a 54 if the shot is 25 yards or more or from a bunker.

Currently I either use my set SW (54 degree), or set PW (45 degree). Usually if it's more than 25 yards, I'll choke up on the PW.

I use my MD 58 most of the time, sometimes the 54.

I have 3-4 clubs I will use to chip depending on pin location, if I have to carry anything and lie.

60* all the way down to a 7 iron.

This for me also, except it's 7 iron to 58*. It all depends on the lie and amount of green I have to work with

Back