Trackman ball usage

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So with today being President's day and having the day off, I scheduled an hour long Trackman session just to see where I'm at with my gapping and look at some trends that I'll want to work on in a lesson that I am scheduling at the same place. It was my first time on an actual Trackman and was relatively eye opening based on what I have seen from local GG and GS monitors.

My question around the trackman is around using balls on it. For the practice session they provided some Pro V1 balls that had seen their share of usage and is not my primary ball of choice due to my relative inexperience and higher handicap/swing speed. If I go back for a future practice session and lessons, should I use the same balls I would use on the course for a more accurate reading on distances, spin, and launch angle? Is Trackman able to get down to that much detail in the technology when reading the information? I'm assuming it is smart enough to be able to read the spin rates on a Pro v1 versus a Callaway SuperSoft accordingly but I figured I'd for experience with people who have used Trackman far more than I have.

Yes, use the same balls you would use on the course. The ball can change variables more most people realize.

I mark up a sleeve of my gamer balls similar to how they mark up the ones for the simulator/flightscope so that way everything is equal and accurate

Yes, use the same balls you would use on the course. The ball can change variables more most people realize.

Thanks. That is exactly what I started wondering as soon as I was seeing spin rates at 10,000+ on my wedges knowing these were Pro v1 balls I was hitting.

Now on the flipside, the Trackman was indicating my swing speed was about 10 MPH higher on my driver than what GG registered me at when I bought my M1 driver. Based on the numbers I was seeing with that around launch angle and distance, it now has me re-thinking what sort of ball I should be playing. Maybe the SuperSoft and Wilson Duo is not the route I should be going.

I was hitting mid 90's on my driver. Perhaps I should be looking at the new B330 balls or going back the Chrome Soft that I toyed with a bit last year. I went into today thinking I was hitting my driver in the low 80's at it's best based on the GG monitor from December when I demo'd the M1

Back