Is Club Technology Maxed Out?

YouTube comment:
Mr. Vrska is the best in the business when it comes to golf club innovation. If he says they're just getting started, I believe him!

My youtube comment: Great interview. Especially liked his thoughts about "jacked-up" lofts.

Glad to hear Wilson will continue pushing the envelope to make better and better clubs. Their C200 irons are special.

Really enjoy the confidence in the products, telling people to get fit, to look at numbers, only reinforces that they are confident in their products not just the specs. I'm on the side that thinks that clubs will never be maxed out, whether it's club shape, materials, shaft pairings, I don't think they will cease to be able to find improvements but I think the biggest gains will always be found with a proper fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my current CF16s but I have a lot of trust in what Vrska has to say when it comes to clubs, since I can only assume he had a large part in creating the CB3s that I played and loved prior to my current set. They can't really compare to CF16 but like he said the things people are able to accomplish this year that they couldn't 2 years ago makes a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love hearing him say driver technology isn't maxed out.

Great interview!

Micheal is helping Wilson Staff back to the top and after listening to his radio and Youtube interviews it's easy to see that there is so much more to come in golf club technology.

Perimeter weighting was introduced in the 70s and now it has become the blue print for forgiveness across the line.....but if your swing is bad it won't matter. No type of forgiveness would help you. Get a practice mat, set up a range and hit golf shots.

I would have to think that the length of your standard courses somewhat impact the design of clubs and thats why the USGA is stiff about their rulings. Not only for tradition but because if the flood gates were open wed all carry a driver, a wedge and a putter and thats it. Because crazy distance and spin could be made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I think it has. Golf equipment is better than ever supposedly but scores arent going down. Of course, the industry is never going to admit that because they want us to buy new clubs every year. If they told us that club technology has maxed out, we'd all keep the clubs we have and the industry would die. Thats bad for business.

I think it has. Golf equipment is better than ever supposedly but scores arent going down. Of course, the industry is never going to admit that because they want us to buy new clubs every year. If they told us that club technology has maxed out, we'd all keep the clubs we have and the industry would die. Thats bad for business.

Wilson is doing stuff with irons today they couldn't do two years ago so IMO it's far from maxed out. Other companies are expanding into collaboration with different industries and that will open new doors. Mr. Vrska also mentioned they had hybrid that they couldn't release because of price point so there is a lot more that can be done but has to be done in small increments to keep costs to the consumer down

Bringing this one back since it comes up so much. I loved his honesty and well thought out response. It's why he is one of the best in the business.

I'm not sure what but I'm sure there are more advances!

Back