Most Nerve Racking

Most Nerve Racking

• Teeing off 1st at the event

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Last player on 18 only needing a 2 putt to win.

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
Tee shot for me. First real shot of the day. The putt, I'd be dialed in by then.

Definitely the putt on 18 for me. I've teed of plenty of time with the whole world watching and it doesn't bother me. The putt can be nerve racking knowing what is on the line. Even putting with a few dollars on the line, I've missed a few putts. My father used to talk in my backswing, play with change in his pocket, and numerous other tactics in order to get me rattled. Used to work when I was younger but I'm not so sure now.

I've both succeeded and failed in the first scenario. But never been in Scenario B.

But I'll say getting that first putt within 1 foot would be pretty hard under those circumstances.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I chose teeing off because there is much more that can go wrong there than on the green.

First tee hitting first or 2nd always has me tense. I trust in my putting especially for a two putt.

coming down the stretch on 18, needing a particular score. if i duff a tee shot on 1, i have 70 or 80+ more opportunities to bounce back. but i only have ONE opportunity to get 'er dun on 18.

Teeing off first. I've always had nervousness on the first tee but after that shot it goes away. I would welcome the situation of the putt on the last hole.

Teeing off first would be more nerve racking for me. I have much more confidence in my putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First tee, I have no problems, no prior holes to dwell on, plus usually fresh from the range.

A 20' foot 2-putt to win doesn't bother me either, but a 3 foot to win does damage to my mental stability.

I voted needing a two putt to win, last guy standing.

I say this because, on the first tee, there are no expectations. So what if you hit a crappy shot? Nobody will really care, other than you.

Last hole to win? You bet there will be more expectations, and more people will remember IF YOU SCREW UP!! And, there are no opportunities to fix the miss.

Putt on 18 for sure.
First tee shot is no biggy, just take a mighty swing and see what happens.

I have no issues teeing off with people watching. Even though I am a solid putter, that is the harder of the two options for me.

You aren't measured by how you start, but how you finish!

I say teeing off, you're cold and not sure how the day is gonna go, with the final putt you atleast have some sort of shot at some confidence

There's a good number of folks that know it's the first tee for me.

Since my lag putting is solid, I voted first tee. The only time I can remember feeling any real butterflies the last 25 years was on the first tee with a group of scratch golfers that I didn't know. I do remember being so nervous in college before matches that I would throw up anything I ate for breakfast.

Back