Let's Talk Putters

2Bad4u

KABOOM BABY!
Reaction score
IMO putters are the most personal and intimate club in our bags. It's used almost on every hole and it's typically the last club used to complete a hole. So let's talk a little about our flagsticks.

So let's see how we all compare:

1. How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)?
  2. How many have been purchased during the last 12 months?
  3. Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many?
  4. Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love?
  5. Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly?
  6. Do you consider yourself a putter collector?
  7. Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter?
Looking forward to see how everyone feels about their flatsticks.

IMO putters are the most personal and intimate club in our bags. It's used almost on every hole and it's typically the last club used to complete a hole. So let's talk a little about our flagsticks.

1. How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)?
  4. Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love?
  5. Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly?

I'll go first...

1. I have 18 putters.
  2. Purchased 7 putters over the last 12 months.
  3. I will be using a 3 putter rotation.
  4. The SeeMore Giant has shown me little love but I'm still trying to get along with it.
  5. I've never sold one but I've given away several to family members and various kids junior golf programs.
  6. Never considered myself a putter collector but since I have 18 I guess that I am.
  7. I don't immediately change the stock putter grip, but I'll swap it out fairly quickly if it doesn't feel right or work for me.

42d3499e6065908df156daf74ddfb287.jpg

This is what's sitting on my dining table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? 8
How many have been purchased during the last 12 months? 4 (3 still with me and 1 sold)
Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many? yes, 4 (trying to cut that to 1 or 2)

Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love? SeeMore z2c tour limited
Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly? currently have 3 I doubt I would part with
Do you consider yourself a putter collector? No
Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter? Yes, but my grip preference changes about as often as my putter preference so I install them all with air

1. How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? 25
  2. How many have been purchased during the last 12 months? 10?
  3. Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many? 10-15
  4. Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love? Yes.
  5. Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly? Keep. But most of mine aren't OTR putters.
  6. Do you consider yourself a putter collector? Yes.
  7. Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter? Not usually immediately.

1. How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? 3
  2. How many have been purchased during the last 12 months? 0
  3. Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many? No just my gamer the White Hot Versa 7
  4. Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love? No
  5. Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly? Kept all I have ever owned
  6. Do you consider yourself a putter collector? No
  7. Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter? Yes Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0

How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)?
ONE

How many have been purchased during the last 12 months?
NONE

Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many?
NOPE

Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love?
I fell in love with the Scotty Cameron Kombi a few years ago. Literally lusted over it. Bought it, dropped a 30 footer for birdie on the very first hole I played with it; and then NEVER made another putt. I hated that putter so much, that in the end I gave it away.

Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly?
I usually sell them when they don't work for me.

Do you consider yourself a putter collector?
Not at all. I don't collect anything. I'm a "use it or move it" guy.

Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter?
Kind of…I haven't really found my favorite grip yet…but I know it's usually not whatever stock grip comes with whatever putter I'm buying.

How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)?
ONE

NONE

NOPE

Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love?
I fell in love with the Scotty Cameron Kombi a few years ago. Literally lusted over it. Bought it, dropped a 30 footer for birdie on the very first hole I played with it; and then NEVER made another putt. I hated that putter so much, that in the end I gave it away.

Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly?
I usually sell them when they don't work for me.

Not at all. I don't collect anything. I'm a "use it or move it" guy.

Kind of…I haven't really found my favorite grip yet…but I know it's usually not whatever stock grip comes with whatever putter I'm buying.
This is pretty much me exactly except my only putter was purchased last season. I get one and roll it for awhile and if I don't like it I sell it to purchase another. No reason for me to have a ton of putters I don't use, id rather try to find one I really love.

.that I use? 1. that I actually have? 3 or 4.
    .nope, just the one.
    .I bought a seemore the day before I got my scotty a couple years ago. I bought it a couple hours before heading out for a round of golf. I didn't even bring it with me to the course because I disliked it so much when I got home
    .other than the scotty, they're so worthless that I wouldn't even bother trying to sell them.
    .nope.
    .yes, but keep the original grip if it's worth saving (ie: scotty grip)

8 (TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs, Seemore PTM1, Mizuno Bettinardi BC-2, Scotty Cameron Futura, Scotty Cameron Newport, Utopia TXRII, Wilson 8802, Ping Zing 2)

1, the Seemore. The DLL was probably 18 months ago. I seem to buy a new putter every 18-ish months.

Last season I used the BC-2, the DLL and the Newport. This year the PTM1 starts the season in the bag and the BC-2 will be my backup if the seemore and I don't get along.

I'd say this is the Newport for me. I bought it shortly after Tiger won the 97 Masters. I really wanted to love it, but me and anser style heads just don't get along.

I keep most of them, but I think it's time to thin out the collection a bit.

No. I don't intentionally seek out the rarest / most sought after models. I'm generally just trying to find something that helps me put the ball in the hole. That said, I like to have a little variety lying around the house in case I feel the urge to experiment.

Usually, although I'm not sure I know what my favorite grip is yet ;)

Last edited:
1. 9 putters currently owned. Want to push it to 10.
2. 5 putters in the last year.
3. As of now the Cure Rx2 is the only putter being gamed, but have a feeling the CX1 will supplant that this week.
4. Can't say I have.
5. Willing trade for the right putter.
6. Kind of, however my collection isn't limited to a single brand.
7. Not all the time.

How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? Four.
How many have been purchased during the last 12 months? Two, I just got back into playing again in the last year and a half.
Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many? No. Generally stick with the last one I bought which generally means I spent more on it than the previous one.
Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love? I really hope not, I just spent $350 on my last one.

Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly? I traded in one of my putters because it was redundant and didn't like me much when I gamed it.

Do you consider yourself a putter collector? No, I collect strokes - the putter, however, is intimately involved in that.

Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter? No, I'm currently giving Scotty the benefit of the doubt on my current grip.

No

Yes, my SeeMore PCB

Yes, I like to keep putters, I only use the one but putters are special and definitely are collectables.

Yes, but not compared to some out there.

No

1. How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? --2
  2. How many have been purchased during the last 12 months?--0
  3. Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many?--2
  4. Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love?--any center shafted putter, just don't like them at all
  6. Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly?--N/A-- still using both regularly.
  7. Do you consider yourself a putter collector?-- no.
  8. Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter?--if the stock grip is less than a midsize than yes I will change it.

How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? 1
How many have been purchased during the last 12 months? 1
Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many? Nope
Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love? Nope
Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly? Sell/Trade (Anti-hoarder)
Do you consider yourself a putter collector? Nope
Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter? Nope, and not sure I have a fav grip

1. How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? 6
  2. How many have been purchased during the last 12 months? 3
  3. Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many? 3
  4. Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love? I had a Betti Prototype Boxcar that I loved but just couldn't get along with.
  5. Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly? I like trying new things and I am willing to part with almost anything I have.
  6. Do you consider yourself a putter collector? No
  7. Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter?, Usually, unless I want to try the grip that came on the putter.

1. 3
2. 2
3. I'm trying just to use 1 putter, but I have the other if I want to change it up.
4. Well I've certainly given a few putters a try that just didn't work out.
5. I've started to just keep them to start a small collection.
6. I wouldn't say I'm a collector just yet but I'm starting.
7. Yes I immediately put on my favorite grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? 5
  2. How many have been purchased during the last 12 months? At least 12
  3. Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many? Last year was a change every other week with 12 putters. This year I'm aiming at sticking to one, two at most.
  4. Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love? Yes, a Bettinardi BB5 DASS Prototype.
  5. Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly? I have 4 that I never plan on selling, other than that I'll sell or trade no problem.
  6. Do you consider yourself a putter collector? Not really. I just have a few I really like.
  7. Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter? No. I practice with it first to make sure I like the feel.

How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? 3
How many have been purchased during the last 12 months? i think 7
Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many? nope, just sticking with one ... for now!
Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love? seemore. fgp, mfgp and ptm1. none worked.
Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly? prefer to sell/trade. the only one with sentimental value is the scotty newport studio 2 i bought my first year of marriage. won't ever get rid of that thing, and might even send it in for some custom shop work this year.
Do you consider yourself a putter collector? no
Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter? not immediately. might switch, might not.

1. How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? 3
  2. How many have been purchased during the last 12 months? 1
  3. Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many? none in rotation
  4. Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love? Yep. Got Piretti because of the additional weight to slow my putters rotation and I ended up missing right instead of left.
  5. Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly? I generally sell them off.
  6. Do you consider yourself a putter collector? not anymore. Stopped once I got a putting instructor.
  7. Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter? nope.

1: currently have 24 (sold a few over the past few weeks)
2: not 100% sure i'd guess 6-7
3: yes 3, all Odyssey, Versa Works JDM, MXM, and Protype tour series.
4: nope
5: keep 95% of then as they are part of my #9 style collection
6: as long as it is a #9 style yes
7: 50/50 depends what comes stock. If i hate the stock grip then either an Iomic or a Iline goes on it.

1. 11
2. None. But another Scotty will be coming this year.
3. 2 in rotation but I will usually play one for the entire season then switch.
4. Yes
5. I keep all of them
6. No
7. No. I don't usually change grips until the one on wears down or I have some issue with it in the beginning.

I collect putters, but I rarely game collection putters any longer. I just stick with my gamer and I have no back up to it.

1. How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? 3 - Acushnet Bullseye, Slotline Inertial, and Ping CRAZ-e
  2. How many have been purchased during the last 12 months? None
  3. Do you have several in a putter rotation - if so how many? None
  4. Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love? It's sort of the inverse of having kids - they all don't love me equally, but for different reasons.
  5. Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly? I've loaned them but have no particular attachment to the Acushnet and Slotline. The Bullseye looks its age, but the Slotline has been in its cover whenver it wasn't used.
  6. Do you consider yourself a putter collector? Hardly
  7. Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter? No, but I am considering looking for a favorite - large - grip.

The Bullseye dates from the Carter Administration. I bought it to go with a MacGregor Sam Snead Blue Ridge set of clubs. The Ping will be ten in March. I was fitted for it, and I have not gotten tired of it. I still get compliments on my putting, which could be because it's the cleanest shirt in my laundry pile of a game. Having just bought a set of irons, I can see why I should upgrade my wedges, and even my driver. I'll probably try some of the interesting new putters out there, but I would be better off using that time to work on my swing.

How many putters do presently own (include those already purchased but still in transit)? 3. One for every golf set I have.
How many have been purchased during the last 12 months? 1. My present gamer.
Nope.

Do you have a putter that you really wanted and purchased, but the putter for whatever reason just doesn't show you any love? Nope. These days I always try before I buy. It helps to know that I putt in a slight arc, and I need a putter between the face and toe-balanced ones.
Do you keep most of your putters or are you willing to trade or sell them off once you stop using them regularly? I just sold off a Cameron I wasn't using.
Do you consider yourself a putter collector? Nope. I only buy for what I need in my game.
Do you immediately put on your favorite grip when getting a new putter? All my putters come with the grip they had when I bought them - their default grips.

Back