Taking your game to the next level

Certifi_able

Just a wannabe
Reaction score
Handicap
Name one thing (I'm sure if you're like me there is a list) but just name one thing that you feel could take your game to the next level. By level you could consider breaking 100 or 90 or 80 or 70. Lets here your thoughts. I'll chime in with my own later.

More time, to practice, for lessons, to play.

#Own125

-Playing year round
-short game lessons
-SPi cyber coaching year round

Right now it is putting but I could use a bit more consistency in my swing as well.

I feel like I've finally got the right equipment and enough consistency in my full swing that I need to look at short game. Before I struggled to break 100 and have recently had a round of 84 and some in the low 90's. In my most recent round I didn't feel like my ball striking hindered me even when I missed GIR's. But pitching/chipping on and still 2 putting got me at least 10 times during my last round. And while my putting needs plenty of work, I think chipping/pitching closer is what will improve my scoring most at the moment.

My tee game is horrible. It doesn't matter if it's driver, 3 wood or hybrid... I throw away strokes like crazy from the tee.

I've tried hitting a 4 iron from the tee, but there's a huge difference between a 185 yard tee shot and a 245 yard tee shot.

I'd like to believe that being in play 60 yards back I'd better than OB or in a hazard, but I feel like then I'd be hitting 4 iron or higher in to most par 4 greens anyway, and I'm just as likely to lose one right from the fairway with a 4 iron anyway.

So... I guess consistently keeping the ball in play is my ultimate answer.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Short game

Working on my iron game will get me to the next level. Need to start getting closer to the pin on my approach shots as well as stop pulling them. If I have a 3 putt it's because I'm too far from the pin on my approach to begin with. Want to try and get them to under 20' to start. Will be hitting the range as much as possible. I will start from 100 yards out and groove it. Then move back to 125 and so forth.

More lessons

putting, putting and some more putting

Consistency

Iron play/GIR.

Saying my putting stinks is an understatement...really no idea what I'm doing.....if I approved at that I'd be just a below average golfer.

For me it's all about physical fitness. Not pumping iron and being all buff but flexibility. Getting this (getting) old body in shape and keeping it that way.

Consistent and greater leg drive

Better game inside 150 and especially wedge game inside 100

short game.

More time to play and more for lessons. I can get to the low 80s, I just can't ever break it.

Time. Specifically time to practice the short game.

Gir...

Tying it all together. Dependent on the day, several pieces can be fantastic. All show themselves across multiple rounds, simply must get everything clicking at the same time....and I really don't feel like I'm far away.

Back